Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 20 Apr 15, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 344
Guidebook Reviews: 8
Last Tuesday was so stressful! This time last week I was all excited for making the ADRs for tomorrow and then they do limping upgrades!

I am so happy we managed to get everything in the end, yay! xx

MY TRIP AND DINING REPORTS - July 2023 Ten (Not So) Little Ones Take the Adults ~~ Onsite/Offsite Dining Report - July 2023 - 4 people - £168 budget per day plus tips ~~ Another Birthday Trip, October 2019 ~~ The Land, Sea and Wedding Trip Report, October 2015 ~~. Sept / Oct 2013 Five Little Ones Take the Adults
IG - Lisas29 and familyanddisney

00 / 01 / 04 / 07 /Xmas 08 / 10 / 13 / 15 / 17 / 19 / 23
Lisa29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 15, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
DiddyDan
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by JoS View Post
Really enjoying this, and what amazing pictures. Can't wait to hear the wedding plans... please hurry up! Lol .. And thanks for sharing all of this.
Aww thank you, that's very kind of you! I'm so sorry, I want to make sure I get the wedding plans right, hopefully they'll be up soon

I've found the Dibb so helpful in all of my wedding planning, I'm hoping this might help someone else x

With parents 00,01,04,07,12,13-With Dave! Xmas 08 Villa/09 Vegas-LA-San Fran/10 NY-Orlando KV, VB, RP & BLT/11 Vegas/12 LA & Disney Cali/14 DLP/15 Orlando Wedding/16 Orlando Poly & SSR & Vegas/17 Orlando BLT & SSR/17 DLP/18 Orlando
DiddyDan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 15, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
DiddyDan
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by penguin19 View Post
Awesome, thats the date we land in Orlando! We will look our for you

We go from NY from 11-14th and then to WDW until 25th October! Super excited!
Aw lovely! Amazing, NY and Orlando in one holiday, I loved it when we did this! Do you have many plans? x

With parents 00,01,04,07,12,13-With Dave! Xmas 08 Villa/09 Vegas-LA-San Fran/10 NY-Orlando KV, VB, RP & BLT/11 Vegas/12 LA & Disney Cali/14 DLP/15 Orlando Wedding/16 Orlando Poly & SSR & Vegas/17 Orlando BLT & SSR/17 DLP/18 Orlando
DiddyDan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 15, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
DiddyDan
Excited about Disney

Wedding Day Plans

I can’t remember whether the wedding or the holiday was booked first, so I’ll start with the wedding! I had read a few wedding trip reports about Cypress Grove, and had fell in love with it while reading NatsyNoo’s trip report. However, I had also heard about Paradise Cove and couldn’t get it out of my head! I had found a youtube video about it and absolutely loved it! The proximity to Disney really appealed too.

When we got back from Paris I got a quote from Destination Occasion for Cypress Grove, but before I committed I asked for one for Paradise Cove. Carrie couldn’t give me a quote as at the time she didn’t do weddings there. So I turned to Helen at Elegant Weddings and asked her for a quote for Paradise Cove.

Dave and I deliberated over which to choose. I think we’d already made our decision, but before we committed we did a tiny presentation on both venues to my parents lol, to see what they thought. We all loved them both but Paradise Cove was the winner! In the past I’d always said I’d love to get married on a beach (until I found out about Orlando weddings), so my Mum thought it was a perfect fit for us! I got back in touch with Helen straight away to get it booked. Helen’s package is fully customisable and I have added things and taken them away to suit what we want. She also responds super quickly!

Wednesday 14th October 2015 at 12pm at Paradise Cove was booked!

Ahhh I can’t wait!

Why the 14th October?!

We wanted the wedding early on in the holiday so we weren’t waiting for it, and much like in Libby’s planning journal, we also wanted to see Wishes and not HalloWishes on our wedding day. So Lisa and I did some research, looking historically at what days the MNSSHP were on, and came to the conclusion that Wednesday was a safe day to book the wedding! When the dates for October finally came out we were very happy to see there was no Halloween party on that day! Don’t get me wrong we love HalloWishes, and we will watch them later in the holiday, but we really wanted to see Wishes on our wedding day!

I still have some of the finer details to sort out so I will share them with you when I have, but for now here is a rundown of how the day is hopefully going to go!

6.15am Beaute Speciale arrive (I know, super early!) to do hair and make-up for myself, my Mum, Lisa and Bethany. The men will be keeping my 3 nieces occupied as we have been told they will need 4 hours to do our hair and make-up!

11am The cars arrive to take everyone apart from me and my Dad to Paradise Cove – I’m not going to share a picture as we’re keeping the transport a secret

Just after, one of these will arrive to take me and my Dad to Paradise Cove.

To be honest transport wasn’t high on my priority list, but Dave really wanted to provide it, and now I’m glad we have

11.30am The others should be arriving at Paradise Cove to meet Randy Chapman and have a few pictures with the cars, before I arrive.

11.45am Me and my Dad will arrive and also have a few pictures before the ceremony!

12pm The ceremony, followed by a champagne reception and cake, and more photos!

1.30pm We leave Paradise Cove and head to either Grand Floridian or the Polynesian for photos (I’m undecided which yet).

2.30pm We have Randy for another 2 hours, I am hoping to have an hour of photos with just me and Dave, while the others are grabbing a snack at a counter service place, then an hour of photos with the whole family.

5pm We have a dining reservation at the California Grill!

9pm We need to be at the Captain’s Shipyard at the Grand Floridian to get aboard the Grand 1 Yacht! We have this booked for an hour from 9.30pm to watch wishes!

And that, is hopefully how our wedding day is going to go! I know it’s going to be a long day, and probably with a few gaps here and there, but this is what we both wanted and are so happy it is now all booked!

The reason ADR day was so stressful was because I had to make the California Grill reservation, which I initially managed to book 3 tables! 2 tables for 6 people and 1 table for 2 people, imagine that on your wedding day?! I have since been in touch with the restaurant direct and they have sorted it out for me.

I also struggled to book the Grand 1 Yacht, I was on the phone for an hour and a half trying to book this! They kept telling me yes it’s available, no it’s not available! In the end I got it and was so happy as it was the last thing we needed to book. If anyone is interested, this is now $850.94 for 1 hour! This is now, a lot more expensive than when I first started looking into having our wedding in Orlando, but it’s our wedding day so who cares?!

If anyone wants to know any further info or prices, drop me a PM and I’ll let you know Thanks for reading x

Old 26 Apr 15, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
rens
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

Lovely update!
Paradise Cove looks so idyllic-I'm sure you'll get some amazing wedding snaps!

Your ADR and wishes cruise booking sounds so stressful. Glad you got it all sorted in the end
rens is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 15, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Buffton
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

My goodness, this is just so perfect! Amazing plans, you are going to have the best best best day ever! xx
Buffton is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 15, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 344
Guidebook Reviews: 8
I am so excited for your Wedding day! I love everything you have planned and just can't wait! xx

MY TRIP AND DINING REPORTS - July 2023 Ten (Not So) Little Ones Take the Adults ~~ Onsite/Offsite Dining Report - July 2023 - 4 people - £168 budget per day plus tips ~~ Another Birthday Trip, October 2019 ~~ The Land, Sea and Wedding Trip Report, October 2015 ~~. Sept / Oct 2013 Five Little Ones Take the Adults
IG - Lisas29 and familyanddisney

00 / 01 / 04 / 07 /Xmas 08 / 10 / 13 / 15 / 17 / 19 / 23
Lisa29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 15, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
disneymadhouse
Imagineer

disneymadhouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Loving all your plans

1994 Lindfields Villa 1999 Polynesian/Disney Magic 2002 All Star Sports 2007 Best Western Lakeside 2012 OKW 2014 Disney Magic 2015 OKW/Disney Dream/AoA 2016 Disney Magic 2017 OKW 2018 Disney Dream / OKW / All Star Movies 2019 CBR
DVC Owner at OKW
disneymadhouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 15, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post

Oh my gosh this all sounds amazing how exciting for you all its gonna fly in too... Loving all the updates too
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 15, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post
dolphinlou
Imagineer

It really will be here before you know it! Fab updates and wishes will be amazing on that boat!
dolphinlou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread