Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 1 Sep 14, 03:08 PM  
Link to this Post
PixieFairies
VIP Dibber

Where on the West Coast

We are thinking of booking a 2 week multi centre holiday next year.
Were hoping a few nights new york, few nights maine, but would then love to travel to the west side. Is Las Vegas, LA & San Francisco doable.

Any tips or suggestions would be great. We would only be able to go either July or August.
PixieFairies is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 14, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post

We did just that a few weeks ago but did it over 17 nights - had a few nights in Anaheim for Disney, drove to Palm Springs for the night then to Vegas - did the grand canynon which if you go to vegas you have to do. Probably the most awe inspiring site i have even seen. Even my kids gasped when they saw it. We then flew from Vegas to San Fransico (the best place i have ever been to) and then drove back down the coast to LA.

lots of driving but great memories
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 14, 12:55 AM  
Link to this Post
PixieFairies
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by FGEvans View Post
We did just that a few weeks ago but did it over 17 nights - had a few nights in Anaheim for Disney, drove to Palm Springs for the night then to Vegas - did the grand canynon which if you go to vegas you have to do. Probably the most awe inspiring site i have even seen. Even my kids gasped when they saw it. We then flew from Vegas to San Fransico (the best place i have ever been to) and then drove back down the coast to LA.

lots of driving but great memories
wow sounds amazing, I'm not sure about the driving part for me though. Is there a way i could get all cities in without driving?
Obviously id fly from east to west.

any hotels etc you could recommend would be great too, i might have a look at some trip reports to get some ideas on where to go etc xx
PixieFairies is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 14, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
PixieFairies
VIP Dibber

ok i spoke with dp and the places i would love to visit are

New York 4 nights
LA 4 nights
Las Vegas 4 nights
San Francisco 4 nights

Would 4 nights be enough in each area. Im not sure what to do in LA... i'd like the beach & city
Old 2 Sep 14, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post

You could do internal flights but luggage allowances may either be restrictive or payable extras.
Old 2 Sep 14, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
PixieFairies
VIP Dibber

i think we might just travel light but would have to rely on internal flights to get us around from city to city.
Old 2 Sep 14, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post

if you fly with southwest airlines you get 20kg free luggage.

cheap internal flights as well
Old 2 Sep 14, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by PixieFairies View Post

New York 4 nights
LA 4 nights
Las Vegas 4 nights
San Francisco 4 nights

Would 4 nights be enough in each area. Im not sure what to do in LA... i'd like the beach & city
you could fly between each city - internal flights are very cheap especially between LA and Vegas and Vegas and San Fransico. I would not spend 4 nights in LA unless it was with the purpose of staying near or at Anaheim for disney or at the coast ie santa monica
Old 2 Sep 14, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by PixieFairies View Post

New York 4 nights
LA 4 nights
Las Vegas 4 nights
San Francisco 4 nights

With 4 kids as young as yours i wouldn't want to be visiting too many places, i personally would stick to either the East Coast or skip New York and go straight to the West Coast.

I have taken young children to the West Coast , my youngest was 18mths the first time he went to Vegas and the longer flight and 8 hr time difference can be difficult to adjust to.

As for flying between cities that's easy enough to do but imo its not very cost effective for a family.

We go from Phoenix to Vegas and could fly but it costs more for the 4 of us to fly than it does to hire a car for 2 weeks.

Also depends what you want to do, i have been to the Canyon with my kids we took them when they are 3 & 7 they don't really remember it but we enjoyed it at the time . And if your not driving the realistically it means a helicopter trip (unless you fancy a 12 hr day on a bus with kids). That said i am in not great rush to visit the Canyon again once was enough for me and truth be told it wouldn't have bothered me if we'd never have been.
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 14, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
PixieFairies
VIP Dibber

Great suggestions .
Oh this will be couple only holiday ( like our honeymoon as such )

Id def love to do disney & the beach. So is it better to stay in santa barbara and then aneheim. Can you visit sites then in LA.
Closed Thread