Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 22 Jan 19, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
PrincessShelly
Excited about Disney

Glasgow Airport - Premier Inn or Travelodge?

Those of you that have had experience of these hotels - which would you prefer for a family of 3.

Also wonder if anyone has a view on Direct Parking or any other parking that is very close by transfer bus. I'm choking on the cost of onsite parking at the moment.

Have flown from Glasgow before but not for a few years.

Thanks my lovely Dibbers.
PrincessShelly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 19, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
KemlynUltra
Helping Minnie

Hi. We had the same predicament last year. I can hugely recommend the premier inn as it is a short and easy walk to the terminal. Even better is that they have a deal with Flying Scot parking so if you confirm to them that you are staying at the premier inn then parking is only £2.70 per day.

I’ve copied the following from their web site

Save on your Glasgow Airport parking!

Customers who have a reservation with the Premier Inn at Glasgow Airport are eligible to receive a discounted airport parking rate of £2.70 per day or part thereof.

To take advantage of this exclusive offer, please call our reception on 01418486033 with your Premier Inn reservation number. A member of our staff will help you to easily claim your discount.

Our complimentary shuttle can transfer you to, or collect you from, your Premier Inn Hotel depending on whether your stay is before or after your trip.

Edited at 02:41 PM.
KemlynUltra is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 19, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridababy16
Trainee Dibber

Were travelling from Glasgow and have booked the Marriott hotel only because they were coming out at the best price for us. There are 4 of us - 2 adults and 2 children so we have 2 double/king beds
Floridababy16 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 19, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post
EcosseDibb
Getting Excited

We stayed in the Normandy Hotel last year at Glasgow Airport. It's a short transfer (<5 mins) in their mini bus, you just let them know what time you'll be leaving when you check-in, then on the way back you call them when in the baggage area and they'll be waiting just outside the terminal building.

Hotel was fine, nothing fancy, but loads of on site parking which was part of the price.

Edited at 02:52 PM.
EcosseDibb is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 19, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
PrincessShelly
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by KemlynUltra View Post
Hi. We had the same predicament last year. I can hugely recommend the premier inn as it is a short and easy walk to the terminal. Even better is that they have a deal with Flying Scot parking so if you confirm to them that you are staying at the premier inn then parking is only £2.70 per day.

I’ve copied the following from their web site

Save on your Glasgow Airport parking!

Customers who have a reservation with the Premier Inn at Glasgow Airport are eligible to receive a discounted airport parking rate of £2.70 per day or part thereof.

To take advantage of this exclusive offer, please call our reception on 01418486033 with your Premier Inn reservation number. A member of our staff will help you to easily claim your discount.

Our complimentary shuttle can transfer you to, or collect you from, your Premier Inn Hotel depending on whether your stay is before or after your trip.
I've got a bit lazy and have been doing Meet and Greet from Manchester the last few years. I'm a bit resistant to the mini bus transfer on the way home. Was the service regular with Flying Scot and close. We're already doing indirect and that I would't want that last bit of the journey to be what broke me. LOL?
PrincessShelly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 19, 02:54 PM  
Link to this Post
PrincessShelly
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Floridababy16 View Post
Were travelling from Glasgow and have booked the Marriott hotel only because they were coming out at the best price for us. There are 4 of us - 2 adults and 2 children so we have 2 double/king beds
The price for my dates was astronomical - something like £250-300. So this was an absolute no I'm afraid.
Old 22 Jan 19, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

We use the premier inn and flying Scot parking just ring them as soon as you have your bags and they are there in minutes or may even be dropping off anyway the mini bus runs continually
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 19, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridababy16
Trainee Dibber

Originally Posted by PrincessShelly View Post
The price for my dates was astronomical - something like £250-300. So this was an absolute no I'm afraid.
That is seriously high We've paid £149 including breakfast through Booking.Com
Floridababy16 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 19, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Granbran
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Would recommend the premier inn. 5 min walk to the terminal and the staff are very friendly.
1991 Days Inn,1993/96/98 Flydrive,1994 Catalina Inn,2000 Lindfields,2003 Thousand Oaks, 2004/2006 Liki Tiki,2005 Cruise,2007/2008 Regal Palms,2010 High Grove,2011 Star Island, 2012 Marriots Cypress Harbour,2013 SSR/Sheraton Vistana,2015 Calabria,2016 India,2017Westgate/Cabana Bay,2017POFQ/WestgateTown,2018 India,2019 CBR&Westgate Town
Granbran is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 19, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
KemlynUltra
Helping Minnie

Originally Posted by PrincessShelly View Post
I've got a bit lazy and have been doing Meet and Greet from Manchester the last few years. I'm a bit resistant to the mini bus transfer on the way home. Was the service regular with Flying Scot and close. We're already doing indirect and that I would't want that last bit of the journey to be what broke me. LOL?
Haha. I have the same mind set as you, but this deal was too good to pass up compared to the other options. I can only pass comment on how it worked for us, but when we got to baggage claim we called the number on the ticket, and when we walked out of the terminal the shuttle bus was waiting for us. 5 mins later we were picking up our car.
KemlynUltra is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List