Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 1 Dec 19, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
madmaxgirl
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Mobile Ramada Plaza Lakefront I Drive

Hi, has anyone stayed here recently? I've got a 2 bed suite booked for Oct 2020, but due to reading some very bad reviews on Trip Advisor I'm wondering if we should switch hotels x
madmaxgirl is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 19, 05:06 PM  
Link to this Post
fredflintstone
Imagineer

fredflintstone's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We stayed in a 1 bedroom club suite end of Sept this year. I have stayed here 3 times over the years The club rooms give access to the rooftop pool, with free drinks, but I must admit this visit was the first time I had a free beer, about 5 mins from closing!

Rooms were clean and cleaned properly every day and we had nothing to complain about. Most complaints do see to be in the older block. Would have no problems staying here again.

Nothing wrong with the hotel IMHO. In the newer block and it is still smart. No restaurant on-site, but it does do a buffet breakfast, but it is still so poor on choice, I often don't bother.

Plenty of parking spaces (as a 2 level parking area) and places in walking distance to eat.

Edited at 05:09 PM.
fredflintstone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 19, 06:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandoguy
Imagineer

The new tower rooms are much better than the old original part of the hotel, there area around the hotel is very rundown though hopefully within a couple years with universal having. Hotel close by should change things but still safe, I personally wouldn’t stay in that part of international drive as there’s not that much dining options,attractions in the immediate area
Orlandoguy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 19, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyIrishMama
Gone all Goofy

we stayed in the 1 bed suite last Oct and had access to the club level bar and pool, and we wont be staying there again. Ok its clean and good room size but where do i start... the free food up at the pool consisted of the bar staff running to local pizza shop for about 3 pizzas and chips, by the time they are served they are stone cold and soggy. The pool up there is also tiny but better than the main pool as it looses the sun at about 11am. (both pools close at 8pm too which was a pain)

The hotel itself is dead, no atmosphere at all, ''bar'' never stocked, and looks permanently closed, and no restaurant on site... so coming back to the hotel to chill after the parks consists of just going to your room to watch tv.

As pp stated the buffet breakfast is cereal and toast(was grand for us some days as the kids are happy with a bowl of cereal).

Area of international drive is right at the very end and very rundown,tacky. We have previously stayed in the doubletree at seaworld so it was like a 180 flip. there is no store on site and the nearest walgreens is a good 15min walk

Overall there was nothing terribly wrong with the place just that the area and lack of atmosphere in the hotel was a real downer for us and i would never stay there again! Much better hotels on idrive for same/better price.

DLP-2007
WDW-2009,2012,2018,2020
DisneyIrishMama is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 19, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post
fredflintstone
Imagineer

fredflintstone's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Maybe hotel is the wrong word and just a place with a series of rooms. As mentioned no restaurant and bar not open late, if at all. But we've never really needed that in a hotel.
We go out to eat, normally driving, and then use the hotel just for sleeping, or doing a 'smash and grab' salad typehelp yourself meal in the sitting/kitchen room of the club suite.

The north of I-drive is now more rundown (as in less active - a change from a few years ago ,when the outh was too quite), but still safe and we tend to drive everywhere anyway.

If the mmgirl is going to be staying there and does want a bar in the evening and place to eat in the hotel, this would not be the best hotel, but for a base it is fine. If bar is required, there is Applebys very near, which has a bar area, as does the Rosen Inn and Avanti International which are just across the road, plus a couple of football type pubs within walking distance. I suppose it depends what type of accomodation you are after
From a hotel perspective I have always found it clean and modern, but like many US hotels lacking in facilties.
fredflintstone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 19, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
madmaxgirl
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Mobile

Thanks everyone.. going to look into changing our hotel. We have been to Orlando before so we know the area quite well, going to see if we can get closer to Pointe Orlando x
madmaxgirl is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List