Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 1 Mar 20, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Yk96
Gone all Goofy

Mobile Planning for 2021

I'm the designated planner for our trip. I've researched for the past year and have noticed virgin prices with flights, hotel, dining and tickets is over £6000. Whereas booking separate with wdw for everything bar flights is 3941, at the moment. I am going to look during free dining and get it cheaper, if not book anyways. Flights will be via skyscanner.
When would you book ESTAs and insurance? Would you book via virgin or DIY? Any other ideas I'm happy to hear.
Thanks in advance
Yk96 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 20, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Lostbrain
Imagineer

Mobile

We did a DIY trip in 2018. We have travel insurance from our bank and so that was already in place. ESTA I think we sorted a couple of months out.
Flights were the biggest ball ache, many months spent on skyscanner. In the end a dibb forum tipped us off to a really good deal for our dates.
Lostbrain is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 20, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post
disneymummy
VIP Dibber

disneymummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

I like to do estas at least 6 months in advance and I buy insurance as soon as I start booking. I’m planning for 2021 too roll on April.

Please stand clear of the doors, por favor mantenganse alejado de las puertas

I Drive 1990, 1992, 1993, 1998, 2000, 2004
POFQ 2007, 2012, 2015 & 2020
Old Key West 2014.
Yacht Club August 2017 & 2022
Walt Disney Dolphin 2024

New York 2000, Las Vegas 2003
disneymummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 20, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
itz_baseline
Excited about Disney

Probably need to provide more info before people can comment on if they would book with Virgin or DIY. Basically you are banking on your flights being cheaper than £2,050 if you book DIY, but you don’t say if that’s 2 people or 4 people for example, of it that’s in school holidays or out of school holidays.
itz_baseline is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 20, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Gbnomore
Chilling at Carribean Beach

Mobile

We’re planning for next year. Planning a split stay between Disney and Universal so it hasn’t even occurred to me to consider a package tbh. Holding off to see if there’s any free dining and then will book accommodation.
Gbnomore is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 20, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Rawhide
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I was costing 2021 based on 2020 prices. I usually DIY as I’m all over saving money, but Charter Travel were in the same ballpark for everything - flights, Villa, tickets & car. So, we went with them - much less hassle for me and no worrying/juggling dates of flights/villa availability.

It’s the first time it’s happened. A week after we booked, VirginHolidays then said they would have beaten the price for a like for like holiday (which it would’ve been with the exception of DC tickets).

Moral of the story is - DIY isn’t always the best/cheapest option.
Rawhide is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 20, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
love2plan
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

I usually always do DIY but I wouldn’t be averse to booking through a TA if the price was right, we’ve just always found DIY cheaper. The only thing is if you book your accommodation through the WDTC then you need to be sure you can get the flights too - we had a nightmare changing our room reservation last August when flights worked out much cheaper to go a day later ☺️
love2plan is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 20, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Yk96
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

Originally Posted by itz_baseline View Post
Probably need to provide more info before people can comment on if they would book with Virgin or DIY. Basically you are banking on your flights being cheaper than £2,050 if you book DIY, but you don’t say if that’s 2 people or 4 people for example, of it that’s in school holidays or out of school holidays.
It's for two people. September 2021. Should have stated that, sorry.
Yk96 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List