Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 8 Mar 20, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

Question is it worth doing hollywood studios in the mornings?

There is no way we'll make the pre park opening crowds for ROR so wondering if it even worth going to hollywood studios in the mornings or if we should leave it till the afternoon instead?

we only have a couple of days onsite but they want to do HS a couple of times so trying to work out the best way to fit it in
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 20, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkjon
Imagineer

Tinkjon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Would you be able to get there pre-opening in the first day or two of your holiday, as chances are you'll be awake crazy-early anyway...?

Otherwise, it depends what time you're talking - getting there are 0930 will definitely be beneficial, getting there are 1100 probably won't be any different to the afternoon.
Tinkjon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 20, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Tinkjon View Post
Would you be able to get there pre-opening in the first day or two of your holiday, as chances are you'll be awake crazy-early anyway...?

Otherwise, it depends what time you're talking - getting there are 0930 will definitely be beneficial, getting there are 1100 probably won't be any different to the afternoon.
We'd be looking at getting there after the main crowds die down so probably about 10 ish as there is no way ds could cope with the pre opening crowds I was thinking fass pass couple of rides outside of star wars land
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 20, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkjon
Imagineer

Tinkjon's Reviews
Originally Posted by mandco View Post
We'd be looking at getting there after the main crowds die down so probably about 10 ish as there is no way ds could cope with the pre opening crowds I was thinking fass pass couple of rides outside of star wars land
I'd assume the opening crowds would have died down by about 10-15 minutes after opening? I think most people get there significantly before park opening, so the majority should be through the turnstiles by the time it officially opens? I think just as early as possible is best.
Tinkjon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 20, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Rawhide
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

There’s so much benefit in being at the parks early (if not for rope drop, then slightly later) that I’d strongly advise giving it a go at least once to see how your DS does - in my experience, my kids have been able to overcome nervousness of certain things by focusing on the benefits of these things (e.g. I have a very poor flier, but we still fly, and manage the situation as we go)
Rawhide is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 20, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

We are rope droppers, every morning. I went to HWS at Xmas to get a ROTR boarding queue (got 101, got on about 3: we went shopping all day). HWS was a disaster without fast passes. We got the boarding pass at 7am, and went straight on Tower of Terror where there was a 20 minute wait. As soon as we came out, Rock and Roller, was about a 2 hour wait. We stood in single rider for 15 minutes and after not moving one step, gave up on it. As to Slinky- 3+ hours.
Park was packed.
We gave up about 10 as queues were getting every bigger and went to Epcot briefly, before heading back and going shopping.
So from my experience as it was then, do not bother going to HWS for rope drop without fast passes, it is a waste of time, but of course that could change.
Worth also bearing in mind, ROTR boarding group frenzy was nowhere near its peak just before Xmas when we went, it’s got much worse since.
There is no way crowds are dying down at 10. We found it better later in the evening.
I’m a big advocate of rope dropping but not currently at HWS unless you want the boarding group.

Edited at 10:58 AM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 20, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
We are rope droppers, every morning. I went to HWS at Xmas to get a ROTR boarding queue (got 101, got on about 3: we went shopping all day). HWS was a disaster without fast passes. We got the boarding pass at 7am, and went straight on Tower of Terror where there was a 20 minute wait. As soon as we came out, Rock and Roller, was about a 2 hour wait. We stood in single rider for 15 minutes and after not moving one step, gave up on it. As to Slinky- 3+ hours.
Park was packed.
We gave up about 10 as queues were getting every bigger and went to Epcot briefly, before heading back and going shopping.
So from my experience as it was then, do not bother going to HWS for rope drop without fast passes, it is a waste of time, but of course that could change.
Worth also bearing in mind, ROTR boarding group frenzy was nowhere near its peak just before Xmas when we went, it’s got much worse since.
There is no way crowds are dying down at 10. We found it better later in the evening.
I’m a big advocate of rope dropping but not currently at HWS unless you want the boarding group.
this is what I'm worried about we do have a morning we can fit in HS but not sure if its a good idea
I was thinking fass passes for toystory land then head out
we will be doing an evening at HS which I'm hoping will be a bit quieter but don't really have time to do 2 as we have so few days.
Old 8 Mar 20, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
There’s so much benefit in being at the parks early (if not for rope drop, then slightly later) that I’d strongly advise giving it a go at least once to see how your DS does - in my experience, my kids have been able to overcome nervousness of certain things by focusing on the benefits of these things (e.g. I have a very poor flier, but we still fly, and manage the situation as we go)
if the crowds we more normal then I'd consider it but ds is autistic and there is no way I'm putting us through the stress when we won't be doing ROR anyway unless things change- I've love to but we'd already be on meltdown 3 before the boarding passes open and if we didn't get one its not worth it. I just don't want to avoid HS altogether
Old 8 Mar 20, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by mandco View Post
We are not rope droppers and are going to give ROTR a miss on our next trip. So on HS days we will probably get there about 10-10:30am, have always found that a good time to get to parks (in terms of getting through bag check quickly).
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 20, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkjon
Imagineer

Tinkjon's Reviews
The crowds congregate by the turnstiles - if your DS is ok with seeing crowds in the distance as long as he isn't actually in the crowd, then you could always wait on a bench along by the bus stops. Then you'll be able to see when the crowd for the turnstiles dies down.