Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 5 Jun 20, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
KemlynUltra
Helping Minnie

Ability to buy DVC Gold Pass

I’ve got a trip planned for Aug and Oct on secured DVC reservations pre Covid. I’ve also got a 14 day pass linked to MDE and was planning to upgrade to a DVC Gold AP in Aug to cover me for my October trip and next year.

Is my plan now scuppered and do you think I’ll now only be able to go to the parks on one of my planned trips this year?

They wouldn’t do that to us would they when we have booked flights and the like?
KemlynUltra is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

I think when the reservation system comes up you'll be able to reserve your slots for both visits - Disney don't know which visit you will use your 14 day pass on, given the FCO info it could be one, either or neither!

As for upgrading to an AP, I think you might be OK - a trip to guest relations in Aug/Oct should sort it.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 06:26 PM  
Link to this Post
KemlynUltra
Helping Minnie

Mobile

Originally Posted by 2point View Post
I think when the reservation system comes up you'll be able to reserve your slots for both visits - Disney don't know which visit you will use your 14 day pass on, given the FCO info it could be one, either or neither!

As for upgrading to an AP, I think you might be OK - a trip to guest relations in Aug/Oct should sort it.
Thanks for this. It’s not the reservation system so much, it’s the fact that they have stopped all ticket sales this year so if I use my 14 day pass in Aug and they don’t allow me to upgrade then I’m in a bit of a pickle!
KemlynUltra is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

They've only frozen ticket sales to prioritise those with current bookings, they'll open them up again, and I'm sure those with bookings and no tickets will be able to buy tickets, they don't want us there and unable to access the parks to spend...

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
KemlynUltra
Helping Minnie

Mobile

That’s really reassuring to hear thanks!
Old 5 Jun 20, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by KemlynUltra View Post
That’s really reassuring to hear thanks!
I don't have any more information than anyone else btw, it's just what I think. We also have a trip planned in August for 6 of us, 4 of our party don't have tickets at all and our 2 APs expire before we go. I really can't see them not allowing us to have a shot at accessing the parks if we're able to go.

Although we're currently thinking that if we do end up going, we'll just do a resort stay and the odd Universal visit, I really don't want to pay out £100s on WDW tickets if there's a risk of only getting into a park a couple of times.

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
PB just picking up on your I really can't see them not allowing us to have a shot at accessing the parks if we're able to go. My understanding is that that's exactly what they are saying, your "4" won't be able to buy any passes & your 2 will be dependant on AP renewal still being available. Currently all guests booked with non-Disney TA's have to have bought & paid for their passes by the 10th of June! If they don't then -no passes. A lot could obviously come down to uptake but IMO it would be overly optimistic to think that they will be selling passes again mere weeks after opening IYKWIM
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Shooby doo View Post
PB just picking up on your I really can't see them not allowing us to have a shot at accessing the parks if we're able to go. My understanding is that that's exactly what they are saying, your "4" won't be able to buy any passes & your 2 will be dependant on AP renewal still being available. Currently all guests booked with non-Disney TA's have to have bought & paid for their passes by the 10th of June! If they don't then -no passes. A lot could obviously come down to uptake but IMO it would be overly optimistic to think that they will be selling passes again mere weeks after opening IYKWIM
SD
Seems really shortsighted if they don't allow people with reservations to buy tickets, unless it's a way of encouraging cancellations to reduce numbers.

All we can do is wait and see I guess, frustrating as that is.