Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 11 Jun 20, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

I'm seeing reports that people are being moved from Disneyland Hotel to Grand Californian Hotel. They are ringing Disneyland direct and getting their reservations switched over the phone. There is approx 1 hour wait time to speak to a customer service agent. There is no extra charge for the change of hotel.

They are also saying that this information will be sent by email to Disneyland Hotel guests.
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 20, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
bambikate
VIP Dibber

bambikate's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 25
Hello I see people are talking about linking their tickets to the app. I have booked a Disneyland resort package which includes tickets and park hopper and max pass etc. I can only see a reservation number not a ticket number. Is it still possible for me to do this?

IG: _disneykate_
YouTube: DisneyKate
bambikate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 20, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeymouseears
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by bambikate View Post
Hello I see people are talking about linking their tickets to the app. I have booked a Disneyland resort package which includes tickets and park hopper and max pass etc. I can only see a reservation number not a ticket number. Is it still possible for me to do this?
Dont worry its not necessary as your tickets are on their system. You will link your tickets when you check in
mickeymouseears is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 20, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

I'm not getting worked up about not getting in. We originally only planned 1 nice day in the park, taking it in for the first time. The 1 day tickets aren’t on sale yet anyway and I’m not going to rush in and spend extra without even knowing if we can even go.
I’ve also had a look to see what else we could do and I’ve found a couple of other things that I fancy. That’s not to say that I won’t be disappointed, It just makes it slightly bitter as the day in the park is my birthday , but as long as I’m spending it somewhere nice with my dh, I can always come back another time.
Sandraoh40 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 20, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
bambikate
VIP Dibber

bambikate's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 25
Originally Posted by mickeymouseears View Post
Dont worry its not necessary as your tickets are on their system. You will link your tickets when you check in
Ah OK thanks I thought we had to link it to be able to reserve the days we want to be in the park.

IG: _disneykate_
YouTube: DisneyKate
bambikate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 20, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

Originally Posted by bambikate View Post
Ah OK thanks I thought we had to link it to be able to reserve the days we want to be in the park.
The reservation system information has not been announced yet. The reason we are linking tickets in the App is because we all have offsite hotels and unless we link them, Disney does not know we exist. As you have an onsite hotel, Disney already knows you exist.

Right now its all just educated speculation and trying to be as prepared as possible.
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 20, 11:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

latimes/california/s...ly-recommended

Orange County rescinds coronavirus mask mandate amid pushback, resignation
By LUKE MONEY, HANNAH FRY, STEPHANIE LAI
JUNE 11, 20202:15 PM UPDATED2:29 PM

Orange County residents no longer have to wear masks in public, officials announced Thursday — an abrupt shift in health orders following weeks of debate over the use of face coverings to stem the spread of the coronavirus.

Masks will go from being required to being strongly recommended in public settings under a revised health order from new Orange County Health Care Agency Director Dr. Clayton Chau.

Chau said at a news conference that he would issue the new order later Thursday.

“I want to be clear: This does not diminish the importance of face coverings,” he said. “I stand with the public health experts and believe wearing cloth face coverings helps to slow the spread of COVID-19 in our community and save lives. By being consistent with the state, this will give our business community and individuals the ability to make the most appropriate decision for them and their situation.”

The new order, he said, “will no longer require that most residents wear a face covering, but strongly recommends that they should when outside of their home and unable to physically distance themselves by six feet from others.”

At several points on Thursday, Chau said the motivation was to make the county’s mask rules consistent with the state’s.

“This decision is not because of public pushback,” he said.

County Supervisor Michelle Steel cautioned that if residents are feeling ill, they should stay home, but if they are out, “it is strongly recommended to wear a mask and social distance.”

“Public health is at the utmost importance during this crisis,” she said.

The less-stringent recommendation had been in place until late May, when former county health officer Dr. Nichole Quick issued an order mandating that county residents and visitors wear cloth face coverings while in a public place, at work or visiting a business where they are unable to stay at least six feet apart.

The switch set off a firestorm of controversy as some residents and elected officials challenged the need for the widespread use of face coverings as more businesses in the region continued to reopen.

Quick herself became a target for criticism during county Board of Supervisors meetings, with some residents castigating her for the order. During one meeting, public speakers displayed a poster showing Quick’s photo with a Hitler mustache on her face and swastikas.

The Orange County Sheriff’s Department provided a security detail for the doctor after she received what officials deemed to be a death threat during a meeting last month.

After several intense weeks defending her order, Quick resigned Monday. The county agreed to pay her $75,000 in severance in exchange for her decision to leave voluntarily, according to a signed settlement and release agreement.
On Tuesday, Chau stepped into Quick’s role and was immediately peppered with questions from elected officials about the necessity of a mandatory mask order. Members of the public could be heard shouting in the background as Chau responded to questions from the board.

Supervisors pushed Chau for a definitive answer about when he planned to lift the requirement.

“There’s always going to be community infection going on,” Supervisor Don Wagner said. “There’s always flu infection going on. Are you telling us masks, in your professional opinion, are going to be necessary until the end of time or until there’s a vaccine or what?”

Chau later said he planned to look at the county’s infection rate and hospitalization numbers over the next 21 days as more public spaces continue to reopen to determine whether those numbers show it is safe to amend the mask order.

The dispute over the requirement has unfolded as the number of COVID-19 cases and deaths continue to rise in Orange County.

Health officials reported 260 new coronavirus infections Thursday, boosting the county’s cumulative case count to 7,987. Of those, an estimated 3,726 people have already recovered.

The county also announced four new fatalities, raising the death toll to 202. Of those who have died, 94 were residents of skilled-nursing facilities, according to the county.

The push to alter the county’s order also comes as the region prepares to reopen additional sectors of its economy. The county on Friday is expected to further relax restrictions on businesses to allow bars, wineries, movie theaters, gyms, community pools, zoos, hotels and other spaces to reopen.

“We have to watch and see how we do when we enter that ecosystem before we make any decision to downgrade the mask order,” Chau said Tuesday.

Supervisors Andrew Do, Steel and Wagner expressed dissatisfaction with the response and pushed for more firm numbers from Chau.

“We cannot impose restrictions on people based on fear, just based on theoretical fear,” Do said. “If we open up and we have testing and we start to see changes, I understand the change in position. We’re shooting at a moving target. I’m not asking you to be reckless, but the decision-making process, to me, is flawed.”

Many health officials say that face coverings are an integral tool in the fight against COVID-19 — as they can block transmission of the respiratory droplets released by asymptomatic people when breathing or talking.

Research published by Cambridge University Press in 2013 found that homemade cloth masks “significantly” reduced the amount of potentially infectious droplets expelled by the wearer.

However, whether wearing masks should be recommended or mandated has become the subject of impassioned debate in Southern California. Some counties, including Los Angeles and San Diego, require residents to wear masks in public settings. However, doing so is only strongly recommended in Riverside and San Bernardino counties.

L.A. County Public Health Director Barbara Ferrer has routinely touted the health benefits of wearing face coverings in public. That, along with other practices like physical distancing and regular handwashing, can stave off a spike in coronavirus infections, she’s said.

“It remains so important for all of us, businesses and residents, to follow the directives and to do our part every day to keep ourselves and our friends, our loved ones and our families as safe as possible,” she said Wednesday. “This is really the only way for us to reopen without creating huge increases in cases, hospitalizations and deaths from COVID-19.”

Leaders in Orange County, however, have noted that not everyone is adhering to the mask requirement and that law enforcement, including the Sheriff’s Department, has said they will not enforce the mandate.

Over the past several days, county staff has continued discussions with Chau about the mask order. Some have suggested that it could be downgraded to a recommendation with similar results and without as much outcry from members of the public who oppose it.

Dozens of residents have also pledged their support for the mask requirement publicly and in letters to the Board of Supervisors.

Shoppers at a newly reopened South Coast Plaza were split on the issue Thursday.

While waiting for his wife outside the Gap store in the Costa Mesa shopping center, Andrew de Guia, a 73-year-old Chino Hills resident, said he plans to continue wearing a face covering, likely until July.

As he spoke to a reporter, he was careful to keep his distance from other shoppers during the upscale mall’s first day of business after a months-long closure amid the pandemic.

“I’m used to wearing a face mask,” he said.

Nearby, 56-year-old Westminster resident Irene Bunya said she disagrees with the county’s decision to lift the mask requirement.

“My immune system is compromised, so I will likely keep wearing a mask for the next few months,” Bunya said. “I think the worst is over, but I’m not sure about when flu season picks up.”

On her way to what would be a long shift at Louis Vuitton, where nearly 30 customers were lined up out front, 40-year-old Irvine resident Janelle Aranda bemoaned having to wear a face mask during work.

Aranda said she feels masks are harmful because she will breathe in carbon dioxide for the six hours she has to wear one.

“I think the conversation is so one-sided,” she said. “It’s unfair because some people feel the need to go out to protest and say what they have to say when they don’t have their masks, but the people who stay home have to.”

Pay Wykoff — a 65-year-old Irvine resident who waited weeks to come to South Coast Plaza to get a watch battery and find a Father’s Day present — wore a bright yellow handsewn mask, but said she thought it was unnecessary.

“Not everyone agrees that masks are helpful,” Wykoff said. “I think masks are hurtful because you’re breathing in your own germs.”
Old 12 Jun 20, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
PumpkinCupcake
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

It’ll be interesting to see whether Disney goes along with the new no mask suggestion that you’ve posted. I hope they do, but I feel like they’ll still be a requirement for the opening at least.

Have also just read this morning there is an online petition going round to push back the opening date! Has almost 20,000 signatures already, and apparently included signatures of CMs too.
PumpkinCupcake is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 20, 08:51 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by PumpkinCupcake View Post
It’ll be interesting to see whether Disney goes along with the new no mask suggestion that you’ve posted. I hope they do, but I feel like they’ll still be a requirement for the opening at least.

Have also just read this morning there is an online petition going round to push back the opening date! Has almost 20,000 signatures already, and apparently included signatures of CMs too.
Yeah I think they’ll still ask you to wear masks too .
The petition thing is worrying , why do they want it shut ?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 20, 08:56 AM  
Link to this Post
mickeymouseears
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by FizzyWhip View Post
Yeah I think they’ll still ask you to wear masks too .
The petition thing is worrying , why do they want it shut ?
And i bet these will be the same people trying to get a reservation when it reopens at the current set dates.
mickeymouseears is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List