Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 18 Sep 20, 08:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile New x box series x

I don’t want to be asking x box questions on the PS thread 🥰

My son has shown interest in this new x box but we are all clueless.

When this is released will you still be able to buy new games for the x box one? (I see you can’t for ps4)

I assume all old games you own will be playable on the new x box?

My son mentioned something about being able to play PC games on the new x box (stream or something)?

Does it have a lot more storage because my son needs extra storage.

What is the benefits from the x box one (new last Christmas &#128545 to this new series?
If you can please put it in simple terms because I do not understand all the gaming jargon 🙈
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 20, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

You will still be able to buy for Xbox One, the will continue for some time.

Most of the back catalogue of games for the Xbox 360 and Xbox One will work on the new consoles. The S series doesn't have a disk drive, so you can only play the digital versions you own.

The S series has a 500mb drive, the X series a 1TB drive. Both have an extension port to add another drive (likely to be expensive). More storage is nice but you can only play one game at a time, tell him to delete some stuff and reinstall/redownload it when he gets bored with the ones he plays all the time.

The PC gaming thing is cloud based gaming. Beyond the scope of this thread to explain...

I've had Xbox Live until this week, it cost me £50 a year. I converted over to Ultimate Game Pass by buying two more years worth of Xbox Live (on eBay, buy for £30 for a Brazilian code, use VPN to apply to your account). So you have a total of 36 months of Xbox Live paid for - you then convert to Ultimate Game Pass (normally £10.99 a month including Gold) for £1. Nothing to pay until October 2023. For that you get Xbox Live and a back catalogue of over 100 games. Absolute bargain.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 20, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

The benefits of the new machines?

If you have a 4K TV then all the games will run at this higher resolution with a fast frame rate. Simple terms, they look nicer.

If you don't have a 4K TV then the S series is probably your best bet (it's £200 cheaper for a start), as you won't be paying for performance you will never get the benefit from.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 20, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Fraser789
Very Serious Dibber

Microsoft have said they will still make new games which will be playable on both the xbox one and the new series x for a few years yet.

Also on the xbox you can play your old games right back to the original xbox from years ago. That's something the PlayStation won't be able to do.

You can also stream games to your laptop, phone or tablet using the Game Pass app it works really well actually.

The main difference between the old xbox and the new one will be much quicker loading times (it will load games around 4x quicker), better graphics and higher frame rate.
Fraser789 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 20, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
bronny
VIP Dibber

We will be buying this for our son for Xmas. I’ve reminders and alarms set for release day!
POFQ December 2016
POFQ and Eagle Pointe - Sep 2018
Briar Grove villa, Hard Rock, wilderness lodge and Miami twice Christmas 2019

bronny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 20, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Can you play PC games on it?
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 20, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
Can you play PC games on it?
I think I read you can. I hope so.

DS15 is obsessed with flying and there’s a new Microsoft flying game that came out on the pc in August but to upgrade his pc to the spec it needs is going to cost us £600! For one game! I wouldn’t mind but the pc is only a couple of years old. I’m hoping the Xbox X will be able to play it. It does mention that it will be released on the Xbox x aswell but as yet no release date.
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 20, 12:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Ciano
Imagineer

Ciano's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by bronny View Post
We will be buying this for our son for Xmas. I’ve reminders and alarms set for release day!
I have it prebooked with Gamestop. €50 deposit secures one. I did it last week and shop already had 250 prebooked. Might be worth checking out locally to you.
Old 19 Sep 20, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Buzz n' Piglet
Imagineer

Mobile

They are doing a really good deal on the xbox ultimate. £29 a month for 24 months gets you the series X, access to game pass and EA access. Game pass and EA access are £17 a month, so basically the series X costs £240 instead of £450.
Buzz n' Piglet is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 20, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
So you wonder why there no ps 5 well there people will answer your question 🤪😂

techtimes/articles/2...re—-25-000.htm

I know it in the USA but u wait until it released over here just have a look on eBay 😅
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List