Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 17 Oct 20, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Merligan
Very Serious Dibber

Merligan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
No, no,no, honestly it makes me feel sick just thinking about it. I personally wouldn’t go out for a meal with anyone who does this as it really turns my stomach.

If someone took some of my meal I wouldn’t be able to eat it, really can’t stress how much I dislike this! I have genuinely never experienced it thank goodness, didn’t even know it was a thing.

😳
Dibb Villa July 2012 Dibb Villa Sep 2013
Dibb Villa Sandy Ridge March 2015
Merligan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 20, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Merligan View Post
No, no,no, honestly it makes me feel sick just thinking about it. I personally wouldn’t go out for a meal with anyone who does this as it really turns my stomach.

If someone took some of my meal I wouldn’t be able to eat it, really can’t stress how much I dislike this! I have genuinely never experienced it thank goodness, didn’t even know it was a thing.

😳
The voice of reason - I am glad I am not alone at not having to witness it either. I have a weak tummy and to see it would Probably make me instantly ill (Instantly ... )
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 20, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Macca04
Imagineer

Mobile

We share Chinese/Indian but if we go out for a meal usually stick to what we order, might give someone a taste of my starter or dessert.
Macca04 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 20, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Jedi Princess
Imagineer

Mobile

No, we don’t share. We all order what we like and eat our own meals. None of our friends/family do the sharing food thing either. The same if having a takeaway, again we order our own meals and don’t split them.

As the only veggie in my family/friend group I’d be at a disadvantage if we did do this
Old 17 Oct 20, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Posiesmum
VIP Dibber

Posiesmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 3
Originally Posted by Merligan View Post

😳
Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
The voice of reason - I am glad I am not alone at not having to witness it either. I have a weak tummy and to see it would Probably make me instantly ill (Instantly ... )
Absolutely agree, I can’t imagine doing this. The only exception might be if I couldn’t finish my meal I might offer it to my husband. But I couldn’t cope with other people’s forks in my food. It certainly wouldn’t happen with any non family.
My daughter jokes that if we go out to a tapas style place “mum won’t share’”and I have to have my own plates.

Villefranche-sur-Mer/Monaco - June and July 2024
Orlando for Thanksgiving - November/December 2024
Belfast/Dublin/Vancouver - June 2025
Posiesmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 20, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

When I was growing up I didn’t even realise that sharing was a thing until I met my dh and his family. They are huge sharers. So now I am a sharer as well.
When it comes to takeaway we always share. Either between my dh and I or a whole load of dishes as a family.
When on a meal out my dh and don’t split meals as such, but would defo have a taste of each other’s meals. Actually we tend to put a bit of it on each other’s plates. To the point where we aren’t allowed to order the same food lol. That’s not my rule it’s dh rule. He says that way we get to try more of the dishes which I actually quite like. On the very very odd occasion we are allowed to order the same food but I think I can count on one hand in almost 30 years that has happened.
It’s quite sweet really I think. Also he always asks me first what I want and won’t order before me so I get what I want and I also now know that if I mention maybe 2 things he ends up ordering my second choice so I can try it as well so I’ve stopped doing this so he can get what he wants.
After reading this thread I might be a bit more self conscious that we are turning people’s stomachs when we do this...
Sandraoh40 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 20, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
marlouwrig
VIP Dibber

OMG No no no no no!

Hands off my food!

Except my dear grandsons of course

DVC Member BCV, BLT & VGC
marlouwrig is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 20, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Apricota
slightly serious Dibber

Nope, chose what you would like and eat that. Try something next time and keep your bacteria and dipping to yourself.
Apricota is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 20, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
tigerfee
VIP Dibber

Mobile

No from me.
Could not do it. It's not that I'm greedy with food, I just couldn't eat from someone else plate or allow anyone to eat from mine.
Same with drinks. It makes me feel sick.
My Husband is the only person I could do this with. I could take a taste from an edge of his plate that he hadn't touched yet.
Even growing up, my siblings and I wouldn't drink or eat after each other.
tigerfee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 20, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Me and hubby usually go halves so we can try 2 meals. I won't share with others though, I'm a bit of a germ freak and can't eat off someone else's plate once they have dug in.
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List