Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 27 Feb 12, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post

Question A couple of Question about are up and coming trip to Florida

Hi Everyone,

We are going to Florida in November for my 30th Birthday.

I would like to book Orlando Magic Tickets for DH and DS to go see a Game, Has anyone been been? Is it easy to get tickets and is it easy to get to the stadium? I've been on Orlando Magic website and had a look but does anyone from uk ever go while on holiday? I was thinking it would be a lovely surprise for DS and I will take our 2 DDs to Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique as a surprise for them.

Also another question I Have is
Has anyone booked a family photo shoot for when they are on holiday?
I have looked on our wedding photographers website (we got married in Florida in 2010) and saw that he will do packages for family shoots on location. I thought it would be a lovely idea to get some nice family photos, The children have changed so much and would love to capture some new memories of them. The family package is very reasonable priced, and my wedding photos by the same photographer were fantastic

Many Thanks for reading any answers would be much appreciated
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 12, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post
uhohima
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

I bought tickets for a game on the 25th April this year, obviously haven't been yet, so can't give you an opinion on it, but I got mine from the US ticketmaster website, I have to pick them up when I'm there though, as for some reason they wouldn't send email tickets to anyone outside the US.
uhohima is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 12, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
TORIMS
VIP Dibber

Hiya
We went to see an Orlando Magic Game when we were there a few years ago. We were really lucky and got to see the Florida Derby - Orlando Magic V Miama Heat, and this pleased my husabnd no end as he supports the Heat. The stadium was fairly easy to find if I remember correctly and it we had a really good time.
I don't think the schedule is out yet for the 2012/13 season yet but hopefully the Magic will be playig at home during your stay.
Go for it - they'll have a great time!
Vicki x

Apr 1998 Rodeway Inn International drive
Oct 2000 Quality Inn Anahiem, Navy lodge Coranado & The Rio Las Vegas
Apr 2005 Formosa Gardens & Toronto
Dec 2007 Newport Bay DLP
Feb 2012 Port Orleans Riverside

Aug 2014 2 weeks SSR (1 night HRH)
TORIMS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 12, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

havent been to a magic game, but saw the tampa bay rays, and got tickets from stubhub.com. you print the custom barcode out yourself at home before you go.

as for photos, could be worth checking out the offers on the orlando groupon page. that sort of thing will probably crop up quite regularly...
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 12, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks guys for your replies, I will look at Ticketmaster us site and Stubhub. Will keep my eye on the Orlando Magic site for when the next season starts.

I hope there is a home game while we are out there, I bet it is amazing. If our girls weren't too young I would take them and we could have gone as a family as I would have loved to see a game myself but I don't think the girls would sit and watch but nevermind, It will give an excuse to go back another time. Not that you ever need an excuse to go on holiday to Florida lol

xxx
Old 27 Feb 12, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post

There is another post about Orlando Magic in the Beyond The Parks section.
Old 28 Feb 12, 08:00 AM  
Link to this Post
mariechez
Imagineer

mariechez's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
We also saw them play Miami Heat, the boys really enjoyed it. The stadium was easy to find. We bought the cheapest tickets $10 as we weren't sure we would like it, my god we were up in the heavens, very scary lol,

ORLANDO 03,04,05x2,07,O8,09,10x2,11x2,12x2,13,14,15,16
LV x2,SAN FRAN & LA,CRUISING THE CARIBBEAN,BALTICS ,FJORDS,BAHAMAS,ITALY,
BARCELONA,FRANCE, PORTUGAL,BOSTON, NEW ENGLAND,BELGUIM,GUERNSEY. NEW YORKx3 & MIAMI
mariechez is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 12, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post
billybadknees
Helping Minnie

For close-up action at a reasonable price, try UCF Knights who play at the 10000 seat UCF Arena. $20 a ticket for the best seats. All the razzmatazz of the Magic at a reasonable price. We went 8th Feb and it was excellent. ucfathletics for the fixtures. Buy at Ticketmaster and collect inside the arena on the night.
billybadknees is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Feb 12, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks everyone for all your replies, will look into ucfathletics.com

I wouldn't fancy sitting high up either lol! But I'm not going it's for the Hubby and our DS

xxx
Old 29 Feb 12, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread