Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 21 Feb 20, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
KirstF
Proud to wear my Ears

Disney in the summer holidays (August)

Hi everyone,

So my DS turns 4 in July and is due to start school in September so our time of holidaying out of term time is now over!

What are the parks and crowds like in the last 2 weeks of August? Looking for 2022 which feels a lifetime away however, plenty to plan!

Never been in term time so opinions on when is the bestish time to go would be really useful 🙂
KirstF is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 20, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Alices Aunt
Imagineer

We went last year and I don’t remember the crowds being a problem which probably means it was manageable. The heat however ... wow
Alices Aunt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 20, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

One of the best times to visit as these dates are classed as off peak.

However, the later you go in August the risk of tropical storms and hurricanes increase
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 20, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Mobile

Crowds tend to die off towards the end of August as American children are back at school. Happy planning. The time will fly by, I’m sure. 🤗
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 20, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
lilo82
Imagineer

Mobile

We always go beginning of summer hols and never have a problem.
lilo82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 20, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
GroovyYvee
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

We have been twice in the middle of August and it’s been fine - very hot though but I like that! You can get some mega rain but it usually passes quickly. Not had any notable issues with crowds, but it’s definitely quieter in the parks first thing - or just after the rain (people seem to leave the parks when it rains!?).
GroovyYvee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 20, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Great time to visit for crowd levels but it is very hot 🥵
Old 21 Feb 20, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Partyof3
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

We always go last two weeks of August been 6 times at this time of year and we love it! Crowds are busy but you will still get on everything. Be prepared for a rain shower every day but it soon clears up the heat can be pretty intense too. What a great age to take your little one you will have a great time!
Partyof3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 20, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
TC Devon
Imagineer

It was busier than when we went in October and hot, so incredibly hot. Son did nt cope with heat so we never did full days and took it slow. Tied to holidays so stuck with August. We vowed never again but have booked to go this year in August🙈
TC Devon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 20, 08:49 AM  
Link to this Post
HansysMum
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Our DD has just turned 5 when we went for 2 weeks onsite early August 2016. It is hot but staying onsite really helped - we took hotel/pool/nap breaks and also took full advantage of the air con in shops etc. Even though she had been out of a buggy for ages the amount of walking meant we picked up a cheap buggy over there which really helped her and our arms! We loved it and went back the same weeks a couple of years later (without the buggy!) and back again this summer albeit a little earlier due to gcse results for her big brother. We - I - planned carefully re:FP and ADR’s so we didn’t ever wait long. I think queuing with a young child could be a challenge ... enjoy your hols and planning !

2016 - CBR
2018 - AKL
2021 - Disney Magic
2024 - CBR 🫶 Portofino Bay
2025 -POR Riverside
HansysMum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List