Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 2 Mar 20, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
JCA
I want to go now!

2021 Flights

Hoping someone can give me some advice! I've had a price with Virgin from Manchester for 9th July 2021 £934 per person. Does this sound right for that time of year? We've only ever been in May and September before so I'm not sure what we should be paying at that time. It seems a lot to me and I'm not sure if it would go down with it being so far in advance.
JCA is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 20, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Rawhide
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Summer holiday flights I tend to budget for around £1000 per person, but desperately want to get them cheaper!
Rawhide is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 20, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Shop around, look on skyscanner and kyak etc. Look also on VA own website, often alot less than VH, and you can still make it a package by adding in car or hotel or both! Look at BA also. Definetly shop around. X
Old 2 Mar 20, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnyDuck
Serious Dibber

But flights don't show up more than 11 months in advance do they?

I'd love to know where to look for flights for July 2021 please...
DonnyDuck is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 20, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Brave5
Apprentice Imagineer

We got August flights for 2019 for £420pp London to Miami (direct with BA) so if you want cheaper flights try flying into Miami - the drive up really isn't that bad and still cheaper adding a night stay at Miami Airport and driving up the next morning
Brave5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 20, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
tigger48
VIP Dibber

OP I think you’re too early to get any clear idea of pricing for July 2021 yet. Scheduled flights are not released until c11mths from departure. Flexibility is the key to better prices. Since the demise of Thomas Cook, Virgin have no real direct competition from Manchester direct to MCO. Everyone’s position on flight flexibility/departure and arrival airports/direct or indirect will be different. If the price feels ok to you, and it’s most important that you lock something in then it might be right, but we’re all different and particularly in the current climate I wouldn’t be in a rush until other options can be priced and explored. Good luck in your search.
tigger48 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 20, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
JCA
I want to go now!

I work in travel (only admin which is why I don't know about the price) we have suppliers who do out of date range bookings. Any travel agent should be able to help you with this.

We do only want direct and can't do that with BA would have to go via london. Virgin direct not on sale for flight only. I've priced up at Fly Drive and it's probably more worth us doing that. If I look for this July a fly drive is £2426 but for next July is £3000. I don't know if it's worth just booking the villa, putting money away for the flights and booking this time next year when it may have gone down.
Old 2 Mar 20, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderellabella
Excited about Disney

Mobile

2021 flights can be booked with Tui, have you checked their prices? Glasgow prices not too bad for summer
Cinderellabella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 20, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post
JCA
I want to go now!

TUI are slightly cheaper but have to pay all up front, I can just pay a deposit on the Virgin ones. Fly drive with TUI is more than Virgin.

Thanks for the suggestion though
Old 2 Mar 20, 11:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Way too early to get a decent price
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List