Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 27 Aug 20, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
disney_chick13
Very Serious Dibber

disney_chick13's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Actually this isn’t correct. What he said was “he THINKS” it is here to stay... not quite the same as definitively saying it is 100% the case.
disney_chick13 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 20, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Sad if it happens, the spontaneity has already pretty much gone since the introduction of Fps being booked weeks in advance.

Like Linda said, I'm so glad we've been lucky enough to enjoy it at it's best, I certainly wouldn't say that I won't go, we already spend a lot of time and the odd trip just doing Universal parks, so I can only see that increasing.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 20, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
penguin19
Imagineer

penguin19's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I don't really mind if I have to pick a park in advance to go that day - that's pretty much how FP+ worked anyway.

HOWEVER, I would like an addition of being able to book into a 2nd park after a certain time (maybe 4pm) if that park isn't full - that would suit us a lot and probably suit many others too.

(wo)MAN vs FOOD - August 2017 food trip report
penguin19 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 20, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyMadMummy
Apprentice Imagineer

I'm quite happy to book park days in advance, but we've got 14 day tickets so will just take whatever we can get!

Edited at 07:43 PM.
DisneyMadMummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 20, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Ritz
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by disney_chick13 View Post
Actually this isn’t correct. What he said was “he THINKS” it is here to stay... not quite the same as definitively saying it is 100% the case.
As he's the person in charge of making this decision then if he thinks it's here to stay then it probably is, of course things can always change.
Once normal attendance levels are allowed i would imagine hopping to be allowed to some extent

Edited at 02:06 PM.
Ritz is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 20, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
derenstar
Apprentice Imagineer

I took his words to mean that some of the underlying technology and principles would remain but not necessarily all the current restrictions. He mentioned about improving the guest experience, Disney knows that a lot people hate the crowds and the amount of prior planning required for a good trip (outside these and similar planning forums). If park reservation allows them to better control crowds, then surely it will be fairer and more pleasant for everyone? Picking fastpasses was in effect park reservation so to my mind, its not that different. More manageable crowds could also mean walk up dining is more achievable? I have to say I’ve always hated having to pick where I was going to eat each day of our trip months ahead!

I agree that lack of park hopping would be a showstopper for a lot of people myself included and would be very surprised if they didn’t reintroduce it but can see it coming as premium like at other parks.

Contactless payments was already around with magic bands and contactless cards and mobile ordering is also not new. It just means more places will be added to the list.

No idea what will happen with the DDP but if they can continue to offer it at DLP I’m sure they can find a way to make it work at WDW!
derenstar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 20, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Leia77
VIP Dibber

Leia77's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Tdon View Post
People saying they won't return because of booking parks ? But you basically were anyway but choosing fast passes and booking dining reservations? I appreciate park hopping is a miss, however nothing to say you won't be able to do that in the future, maybe you just have to book 2 parks instead of 1?
Yes, I’m saying it. I don’t mind planning - I love it, in fact. But a big part of our holiday is a planned park during the day (or evening) and flexing once we’re done with that park. It’s a big plus of staying onsite, being so close to the parks and being able to decide on a whim to jump a bus and head to whichever takes your fancy. Without this flexibility we wouldn’t enjoy our holiday as much as we have in the past.

Edited at 02:44 PM.
Leia77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 20, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by disney332 View Post
I think the potential to ride when you want based on lower crowds, outweighs the inconvenience of booking a park day..

Disney332
Lower crowds will mean fewer staff and reduced ride capacity. Queues will still be the same for rides
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 20, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
clanmacbeath
Imagineer

clanmacbeath's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
I suppose we are lucky that we visit off season so lots of rides don't have long queues anyway and we only use FP for a couple of the popular rides. We went MNSSHP last year where there was no FP's for any of the rides and queues went down very quickly. DH and I even mentioned that it so so much better not having to rush about for FP reservations and we missed the old days!

Not being able to hop would be a miss for us though as we tend to go to one park through the day and go to another for a show on an evening. However, we have already purchased our tickets for next year and booked our park dates as we had the trip booked. We were hoping that hopping would be back up and running by then, but if not we will just have to make the best of it.

One thing for sure is that our next visit is going to be very different from all our previous visits!
clanmacbeath is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 20, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
No, no and no!
Sadly (very) I cant see us paying a premium to stay onsite again as like most, we stay onsite for the perks and so we can hop about easily, especially many nights when we walk into Epcot for a couple of hours or just to eat.
If we go late next year, we'll be offsite for the first time in many years.
Our Happy Place just doesn't seem as if it's going to be quite so happy from now on!
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List