Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 30 Sep 20, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
LadyAurora
Excited about Disney

Why do (some) men say the wrong things

So DS gets married on Friday, it's been a stressful time due to covid restrictions but It'll be lovely.
I just tried my outfit on, which I love and has taken months of planning and DH says 'God you look really old, like a nan' I'm devastated! And I feel so lovely in it.
I'm at work tomorrow so can't get anything new, now I feel rubbish and we're not talking.
Sorry to vent
LadyAurora is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 20, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
TrueBlueAngel
Imagineer

What a prat! I’m sure you look lovely in it. Let’s face it, what do most men know about female fashion?!

RIP Murphy 24.4.1999 - 4.5.2013
1995 - Tunisia, 2003 - Lanzarote & Gran Canaria, 2004 - Majorca, 2005 - Florida - ASMo. 2006 - Florida - Villa, 2007 - Salou, 2008 - Pop Century, 2009 - Kenya, 2010 - Eygpt, 2011 - Tenerife- 2012 Rhodes, Crete - 2013&2014, Florida - 2014&2015
TrueBlueAngel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 20, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post

Oh what an idiot!
I bet you look lovely .
Please ignore the silly oaf as if you love it and feel good in it then that’s what matters.
Let’s be honest ,most men aren’t exactly the most fashion savvy ..
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 20, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Awww what a horrible thing to say, I'm sure you look lovely and as you feel lovely that's what counts. Men, what do they know. Make him suffer, after the wedding!
It suits the wearer not the starer.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 20, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
maidmarian
Imagineer

Well I would put him in the doghouse that's for sure... without a bone 😉
You should tell him he looks really old in his outfit but you put up with him 🙄

Edited at 08:55 PM.
maidmarian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 20, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I take it that he is a young Adonis and looks amazing in his own outfit ?

My husband says things thinking he’s funny ( he’s not !) but what your dh said was really mean. What possessed him ?

You like your outfit so why worry and don’t let him spoil your special day. Enjoy the wedding.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 20, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
LadyAurora
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
I take it that he is a young Adonis and looks amazing in his own outfit ?

My husband says things thinking he’s funny ( he’s not !) but what your dh said was really mean. What possessed him ?

You like your outfit so why worry and don’t let him spoil your special day. Enjoy the wedding.
I think he said it without thinking, I think maybe it's because I have a hat, he's never seen me in one, but that's no excuse
LadyAurora is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 20, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
maidmarian
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by LadyAurora View Post
I think he said it without thinking, I think maybe it's because I have a hat, he's never seen me in one, but that's no excuse
I bet you'll look stunning 😍 have a wonderful time 😘
maidmarian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 20, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Sending you big hugs. I’m sure you look beautiful but sometimes people just say silly things (even men). I hope you have a lovely time at the wedding and if you feel amazing then that is all that matters. Xx
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 20, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by LadyAurora View Post
So DS gets married on Friday, it's been a stressful time due to covid restrictions but It'll be lovely.
I just tried my outfit on, which I love and has taken months of planning and DH says 'God you look really old, like a nan' I'm devastated! And I feel so lovely in it.
I'm at work tomorrow so can't get anything new, now I feel rubbish and we're not talking.
Sorry to vent
Sometimes men don’t think & say the wrong thing, I’m sure he didn’t mean it & as long as you love the outfit that’s all that matters
💕💕💕
Have a wonderful day on Friday 😘🍾🥂xx

Edited at 09:06 PM.
ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List