Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 21 Oct 20, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Mightyfraz
Getting Excited

Florida 2019 - Tell Me This Isn't The Last Time - Day 14 - Blizzard Beach & Sanaa

The index is here.

Friday 9th August 2019

The plan for today was pretty much based around lunch at Sanaa; as we love Epcot and it’s a relaxing park, we had FPs for Frozen Ever After, Spaceship Earth and Living with The Land. There were no real plans for the afternoon and evening; we thought about having a walk around Celebration and then having dinner at either Manny’s Chop House or Miller’s Ale House.

We had breakfast at the villa (really can’t beat Eggos) and then decided that nobody really fancied Epcot and I was moaning about spending $25 on parking for 2 hours; so, DDs suggested we go to Blizzard Beach for the morning.

I’m not very confident in the water and don’t go on many of the rides; so, we went on the lazy river where I found an inflatable chair; we all did one lap, then the girls left me to go around again whilst they went on other rides.

We had a good couple of hours in there, then got changed and went to Sanaa. Sanaa was one of our favourite restaurants from the last trip and we couldn’t wait to go back and have the naan bread platter again.

We checked in and was told it was about a 20 minute wait, so we went out and looked at the animals.

It’s really beautiful there and we would like to stay in the lodge one day; our buzzer went off so it was time for lunch.

We had the Naan bread starter; DDs had cokes, DW had a Raspberry Margarita and I had a glass of water

The naan bread starter was everything we remembered it to be; the dips are amazing and we all loved it; I think we could have eaten it a couple more times rather than having a main course.

For our main, DW and DDs ordered tandoori chicken and I had Boerworis bra

The food was really good; on the last trip I had a chicken kebab which was no longer on the menu, but the Boerworis was very nice; it’s a very meaty taste so if that’s not your thing, don’t order it but I enjoyed it. The cost was $130 (£107.44).

Time to walk off our lunch, so we headed to Winter Summer Land for mini golf. Tickets were included in our Disney tickets, otherwise it’s $14 each (£46.28 total). It’s a really fun course; a bit harder than Bonaza so we had to be on our game.

It goes without saying that I was leading when we got to the 10th hole and the cast member announced that there was lightning in the area and we must all come back to the shop until it passes. I looked on the weather app and it was due to rain for the next two hours; so, we headed back to the villa just after I was crowned (by myself ) the mini golf champion again.

It rained for more than a couple of hours, so decided to stay and home and play the Haunted Mansion Game of Life.

It was a really good today, although cut short we had fun at Blizzard Beach, lunch at Sanaa was lovely and then some mini golf.

Tomorrow is another relaxing day; we were heading north to have breakfast at Teaks Neighbourhood Grill, then have a quick shop in Altamonte Mall. In the afternoon we were going on a boat trip around Winter Park and then maybe down to Old Town and grab some food at Frogger’s Burger Bar.

Day 15 can be found here

Edited at 08:41 AM.
Mightyfraz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 20, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A nice relaxing day and more good food

Joan