Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 21 Jan 10, 03:59 PM  
Link to this Post
simba1
Excited about Disney

What time to get married in Orlando?

Hi all! I'm in the process of organising my wedding in Cypress Grove this October.
I have the choice between getting married at 1pm or 3pm. We're not having a reception there, so it's just the ceremony and photo's, then on somewhere else ( possibly Bahama Breeze) for a meal. At first I thought it may be too hot at 1pm... but then is there really much difference? Also have thought that when it rains (Please God no ! ) doesn't it usually come in in the afternoon? so maybe 1 pm is better.
Anyway I know we can't guarentee or predict the weather, so if you had a choice between 1pm or 3pm, what would your choice be? could I also have your reasons please as i'm sure there's loads of things I haven't thought of.
Thanks in advance.
Oct 2009- Residence Inn by Marriott near Seaword
Oct 2010- Disney' s Old key west & Floridays
simba1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 10, 04:14 PM  
Link to this Post
NicolaFred
Imagineer

NicolaFred's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 13
id go for 3pm, your service will be over and you wont have to wait about for hours before you can go eat... plus it gives you lots of time in the morning to relax and get ready. I got married in manchester at 3:30 and even though we had alot of guests to co-ordinate, it was a lovely time. Think I would have gone mental if it was earlier!

Nic & Fred Present... ALL OUR TRIP REPORTS
NicolaFred is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 10, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post

I think i would go for 3 as well the sun wont be as hot at that time hopefully.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 10, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
simba1
Excited about Disney

Thanks both. I think 3 o'clock will be best, it's just the day I wanted is already booked for 3, but I think i'll just choose a different day.
simba1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 10, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
poggs
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by simba1 View Post
Hi all! I'm in the process of organising my wedding in Cypress Grove this October.
I have the choice between getting married at 1pm or 3pm. We're not having a reception there, so it's just the ceremony and photo's, then on somewhere else ( possibly Bahama Breeze) for a meal. At first I thought it may be too hot at 1pm... but then is there really much difference? Also have thought that when it rains (Please God no ! ) doesn't it usually come in in the afternoon? so maybe 1 pm is better.
Anyway I know we can't guarentee or predict the weather, so if you had a choice between 1pm or 3pm, what would your choice be? could I also have your reasons please as i'm sure there's loads of things I haven't thought of.
Thanks in advance.
without a shodow of a doubt 1pm. Simply because its far more likely to rain at 3pm than at 1pm. And a wedding in a torrential downpour isn't that much fun! In saying that October isn't a wet month, so you would probably be ok with either time.
poggs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 10, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
simba1
Excited about Disney

AAAAGGGGHHH! I don't know what to do! lol
Old 21 Jan 10, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
tink77
Imagineer

I'd go for 1pm as the risk of rain will be higher for 3pm.
tink77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 10, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
simba1
Excited about Disney

This as so hard! If we have the wedding at one, does anyone have any idea's what we can do (about 20 people) until we go to eat at about 5.00pm. I guess we'll have about 2 hours to kill.
Old 21 Jan 10, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Rachel1
Imagineer

If you go for 1pm you could always bring forward your meal time (I assume that's what the 5pm time is for). Also, things often take longer than you think- so many weddings run late even with small numbers. Can you find somewhere to relax and have a couple of drinks?

Rachel x

2016 Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/repo...p?userid=29250
Rachel1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 10, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Jollymon
Imagineer

Jollymon's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
I would go for 1pm also. The Showers I find tend to be in the late afternoon, though October may not be a wet month.

We are also planning a ceremony at Cypress Grove, originally at 4pm but after consultation with the wedding planner we are going to bring it forward. By the time we have the ceremony, then champagne reception and take pictures, it could be 3pm. Then travel time to wherever you are dining
Jollymon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread