Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 28 Apr 09, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post

Disney Dreamin for Beginners - Flight Day!

Monday 24th November

Woke at 2am and couldn’t get back to sleep, went to toilet and eventually nodded back off but was awake again at 5.15am. Quick cup of tea then get everyone washed and dressed. Pad and boys came to us and then we got everyone checked out. We left Mum with the boys and Paddy took me and bags to airport as we wouldn’t fit everyone in, in one journey!

A couple of pics of the boys in their flight t-shirts!:

You will notice a consistency with Aaron throughout this - he wouldn't let go of his dummy and he never smiled for the camera!
You will all be pleased to know though we have got rid of the dummy now!

Everything went simple enough and Paddy got the meet and greet guy fine. Got to check in and got throught that within 10mins. Confirmed priority check in but no bulkhead seating but that was fine I didn’t expect it.

Went straight through security and that went fine apart from Kieran being stopped and searched because of the metal straps in his trainers so he had to take them off for them to go through the scanner as well.
We went straight to the gate so we could have a quiet spot to sit and we had brought our own plastic bowls and cereal to have to save a bit of money. So cereal ate Mum and I went for a wander round the shops and got a coffee.
Some airport pics:
Boys hard at work on their Games consoles

Oh wait one of Aaron smiling!

Take a good look mind cos there won't be many!
Granny very excited:

Hhhmmmm Paddy pulling a rather strange face - oh right thats him smiling!

The boys taking a rare look away from the video screen!

cont...

Edited at 07:08 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 09, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
DizneyBlonde
Imagineer

fab hun did you get many comments about the t shirts?

3 Kids hit Disney 2007 Trippie Index

3 Kids and a 40th at My Castle - Pre trippie
DizneyBlonde is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 09, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post

Oh yeah and... ME!

No sooner were we back and coffee drank but we were being called for boarding. Row 36 DEF HJK.

Off we boarded onto Ruby Tuesday!

We took off around a half hour late which wasn’t too bad and the boys were fairly happy with the viewing, Wall E, Speed Racer, The Dark Knight and Simpsons and Scooby Doo to keep them amused. I tried to watch Mamma Mia but Aaron didn’t let me much. He seemed very off. Really grumpy, wouldn’t eat or watch tv or anything.

On board:

We had refreshments and then Kids meals came round – weren’t too bad although the boys wouldn’t eat them as it was cheese and spinach pasta!

Soon enough it was time for our meal Mum and I had the chicken, with cheesy mash which wasn’t too bad Pad had the beef cobbler which he said was nice.

Aaron had slept while we ate but was very restless. I then took him to the toilet to change him and he through up all over himself and me! I had to take my t-shirt off and put my jogging suit jacket on it was disgusting! The rest of the flight consisted of us wiping up sick constantly as it just kept coming! We had to strip him and wrap him in a blanket as I had no more clean clothes left!

Filling out the forms was a bit of a nightmare as we hit turbulence as I started to fill them out not an easy task!

Flight landed around 2.30pm and from touch down to customs and first baggage collection was only 40mins! Then came the second baggage collection. Paddy and I went to Alamo desk and left mum waiting for bags. Paddy being the sucker that he is wanted to upgrade! Brand new Ford Expedition only 5miles on the clock they wanted $50 a day – NO THANKS! Ok $30 a day – NO THANKS Paddy - “do it for $15 a day and you got a dea”l – man goes to speak to manager – MAN – “OK $15 a day it is!”

cont...

Edited at 07:09 PM.
Old 28 Apr 09, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post

poor aaron!

what a pickle to get into on your flight.

tshirts look great though!
Old 28 Apr 09, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post

So Paddy very pleased with himself we head back over to the carousel to see where bags were. Still no bags! We waited and waited, I was trying to put all the paperwork and licences back into the document wallet and somehow Paddy’s licence was missing – he went back over but the guy didn’t have it, searched all bags could not find it! Lucky he has a spare plastic bit in his wallet but still don’t know where it is!
We then get an announcement that after an hour of waiting we had to go back up to level 2 to collect bags! So annoyed we head back up and get bags, car seats etc. Then back down to get to car park!

Check in at Alamo desk to find our car – couldn’t believe our eyes when I saw the size of this thing – its a MONSTER of a car – but very nice – still don’t think I will drive it to be honest though!.

The monster car:

Ok Paddy looking very pleased with himself!:

Tom tom set up and directed us well. Found the resort with ease. Checked in to clubhouse and our house was on Verona Avenue which was only a couple of minutes walk to clubhouse and pool area!
All the baskets from Memories by Betsy were waiting for us and sneaky Paddy had also ordered me one – a Tinkerbell one!

Poor Aaron he was just so ill and exhausted!

Looking at the pictures Paddy's looks so small in comparison to Mum's and mine but believe me it was all packacking!

With Aaron having been sick and everyone so exhausted we decided to give Walmart a miss and Paddy and I headed round to Publix to grab essentials and went to the little Pizza place to get a pizza to take back. Very nice it was too – 16” and 7” came to $18 and pulblix was around $30.
Got back ate pizza, unpacked and everyone was in bed by 9.30pm which was around 2.30am UK time so we had in effect been up for around 22hrs!

Edited at 07:11 PM.
Old 28 Apr 09, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
2waterford
VIP Dibber

Sorry to hear poor Aaron was sick on the flight.

Really delighted to hear you got a Betsy Basket as I thought you were going to be left out.

Looking forward to reading more.
2waterford is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 09, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by DizneyBlonde View Post
fab hun did you get many comments about the t shirts?
We got a few hun - but mainly I think people just thought we were rather mad!

Originally Posted by Wishes36 View Post
poor aaron!

what a pickle to get into on your flight.

tshirts look great though!
Thanks sweetie! I know it was such ashame really - we will no now to be better prepared for travel sickness. He was really unwell on the way out but he had got better by the time we left but was still extremely sick on flight home so we have came to conclusion he definately gets air sick!
Old 28 Apr 09, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
col2501
VIP Dibber

col2501's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 78
Lovely photo of Aaron in the airport! Shame he was so ill..can just imagine what that was like for both of you.. we've ordered baskets from Betsy too- can't wait till the kids see them and how nice of Gaz to order you a tink basket!
Hope Aaron gets better and looking forward to the rest of your trip reports..

Colette
Our 1st Magical Disney Holiday!
Never Mind Epricot Trip report Oct 11
All Star Music and Hampton Inn Pointe Orlando June 2009
Sunset Lakes DIBB villa & HRH 15th October 2011
Esprit DIBB Villa 17 June 2014
Dubai Trip Report - just the 2 of us 30 Nov 2011
Introducing Queen P to Orlando June 2014 Report plenty of offsite delights food report June 2014
col2501 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 09, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by 2waterford View Post
Sorry to hear poor Aaron was sick on the flight.

Really delighted to hear you got a Betsy Basket as I thought you were going to be left out.

Looking forward to reading more.

Thanks! I know it was such a wee shame for him!

Yeah I was totally gobsmacked that he had got me a basket - I really have the best hubby - he is too good to me - and he put up with all my excessive planning and dibbing!

Thanks for reading off to bed now but hopefully get more done tomorrow!

xxx
Old 28 Apr 09, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Ms Sleepy
Apprentice Imagineer

Ms Sleepy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Ah poor Aaron, being poorly on the flight. Love the memories by Betsey baskets, don't think I'll be getting one though Hubby wouldn't even think of it
Ms Sleepy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List