Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Closed Thread

Old 23 Sep 13, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post

Question Port Orleans French Quater

Hi has anyone stayed here recently who can tell me what facilities there are in the bedrooms. We have a garden view room and would like to be close to the pool and amenities.

Any suggestions on which block we should request (we have requested a corner room)
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 13, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Gev
Imagineer

Have a look at Andre's web site at portorleans where there is loads of info, photos and maps of the resort that will show you which are garden view rooms. You will love French Quarter; it's one of the smaller resorts so it doesn't take many minutes to get to any of the facilities from any building. It's also central to all the parks and within easy distances. Be sure to have a wander along the river up to Riverside and see Bob Jackson perform Wednesday to Saturday. Have a great time, I'm very jealous!
Old 23 Sep 13, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
elephant_juice
Earning More Ears

We have stayed in building 5 and building 1 before. The first time we had building 5 which was amazing, very central and given the choice I would request that every time.

The second time we had the furthest possible corner room you could get in building 1 and although it felt more airy than a normal room we much preferred the closeness of building 5 after long hot days at the park.

Nic x
August 2013 Port Orleand French Quarter
August 2015 Virgin Villa
elephant_juice is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 13, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Ycryan
Imagineer

Ycryan's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 34
We loved French Quarter! We were in building 2 which was fantastic, right next to the shop, reception, quick service restaurant, pool and boat to DTD.
Old 23 Sep 13, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
BIFFBAKER
Trying for More Ears

BIFFBAKER's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 13
We've stayed there 3 times, in different buildings every time. Its the best hotel ever, brilliant location, good facilities and nice and clean. No matter what building you're in, you're really close to everything.
Make sure you have a Po Boy sandwich, they're the best.
BIFFBAKER is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 13, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
disneymummy
VIP Dibber

disneymummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I love pofq we've been in building 3 and 4. We're staying at okw next year but really hope we don't miss pofq too much.

Please stand clear of the doors, por favor mantenganse alejado de las puertas

I Drive 1990, 1992, 1993, 1998, 2000, 2004
POFQ 2007, 2012, 2015 & 2020
Old Key West 2014.
Yacht Club August 2017 & 2022
Walt Disney Dolphin 2024

New York 2000, Las Vegas 2003
disneymummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 13, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
lil mousketeer
VIP Dibber

Another vote for building 2 here we stayed at POFQ last year and requested building 2 by email in advance. We were very lucky to be given a room in which we could see the pool and within very close proximity to lobby/restaurant and shop.

As it is a small resort, whichever building you choose/given you're still going to be close to all amenities.

Not long till your hollibobs now

Disney POFQ/Universal HRH Aug/Sept 2012
Disney AKL/Universal RPR Aug/Sept 2014
Orlando/St Petes Beach Aug/Sept 2015
Universal-HHN Cabana Bay Sept/Oct 2016
West Stonebridge (Dibb Villa) Aug/Sept 2017
lil mousketeer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 13, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
JakesArmy
Very Serious Dibber

Hey,

We just got back from POFQ a week ago. It was a really lovely resort. We were in building 5 right next to the pool, lawn where they played movies under the stars and the quick service restaurant. It is a small resort though so like everyone says most buildings are close to everything. Buildings 1 and 7 being the furthest out. We would def request building 5 again.

In terms of facilities in bedrooms just your usual really. Hair dryer, iron, a very small safe, tv and coffee machine , oh and we had a fridge.

I'm so jealous, you're gonna have a great time!
JakesArmy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 13, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
4first timers
Earning More Ears

I love POFQ! So much so I booked it again for next year. We were in building 4- so handy for the bus stop, the pool, the laundry, the cafe-for refillable drinks and also for the campfire and the yummy marshmallows.
I must say when I first seen the location if the room I was not really happy - but after the first evening I realised how brilliant it was.

I will be requesting building 4 again by I totally agree that all buildings are so close to everything
I also noticed the buses from the parks to POFQ were never overly full, compared to other buses. And the boat from downtown disney is so worth it as the bus goes through riverside and takes ages to get back to POFQ. Well not ages- but bit of a trek.
You will love it.
Old 24 Sep 13, 12:26 AM  
Link to this Post

I'm posting from building 4 POFQ right now ( just got in from a very wet day at Hollywood studios ) we love Pofq and have stayed in building 4 many times close to food court and the bus stop. But it's such a small nice resort you can't go wrong. The hot tub and pool are fantastic. The shop is good but not as good as riverside. The food court offer a good selection but again the food court at riverside is a little better imha.

Fridges are up and running at the resort now yippee
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread