Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 29 May 14, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903
Disney Dreaming :)

Redrach1903's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
All of our favourite things :) - Day 3, Typhoon Lagoon, Fairways Mini Golf, Outlets & Bahama Breeze

Day 2 is here

Thursday 8th May

I woke up at 4.50 today! I forced myself to get back to sleep and resurfaced about 6.30, that’s better!

Today was supposed to be Lake Louisa State Park, but given the weather was being so good and it was forecast to be hot and sunny the rest of the week, we decided to do Typhoon Lagoon today just in case the weather turned next week.

I had cherry poptarts for breakfast (I love these) and Chris had cheerios.

We left the villa about 9 and stopped in past Walgreens on the 192. I really can’t remember what for now, but it might have been for more sun protection spray. Chris doesn’t like cream, so always uses the spray and it runs out quickly!
We also had to stop at the bank to deposit some cash for Chay (our friend who owns the villa). Chris said the security in the bank was out of this world. Full body scanners and everything!

We parked up at Typhoon Lagoon at about 9.45 and headed on in. We went straight to the counter in the gift shop to try and get a premium space. Chris was stressed that there wouldn’t be any left since we hadn’t pre booked, but I assured him we’d be fine and we were

We got a space at Getaway Glen. It includes 2 sun beds, a table, umbrella, towels and a locker. Total was $58 incl tax and you get $5 of that back for the locker! We were also given wrist bands that we had to wear to show we had paid for our space. We waited about 5 mins before they officially opened the park and everyone scuttled off!

We stopped to buy refillable mugs and also a wee snack. When I say “wee” I’m obviously lying. I had a giant donut and Chris had a giant turkey leg. And today’s excuse is that we only had a little breakfast at the villa. Don’t judge

We then went off to find Getaway Glen. Our spot was round beside the Leaning Palms counter service place. It was really nice and quiet here. We both liked having the space and not having lots of folk around us.

Here is what the beachcomber shacks looked like if anyone is interested. We only saw one of them being used in two visits here! I guess the price is maybe putting people off. Also, I wouldn’t want to be in the shade! Water park days are for tanning

I think it took us all of 2 minutes to decide to go and hit the surf pool! I don’t think I’ll ever get bored of playing here! They are just so much fun!

We then went for a go round the lazy river. We had a landing right beside us (shell I think?). Now, we all know that getting into those rings is not the easiest task! So, I decided to pop mine over my head and then pull myself through. Easy peasy. Well, it was for me. Chris tried to do the same and the results were hilarious. He kept trying and trying, but he just ended up in a big sploosh in the water every time. I found it all too funny! He gave up and eventually and just kinda walked round holding onto his ring! Haha! I think about 5 mins later though he did finally get on and could lie back and relax!

Chris obviously felt hard aggrieved by all my laughing at him and decided he would push me under the giant waterfall as you go under one of the caves, but I got stuck and couldn’t get away from it! I ended up having to jump out my ring and walk away from it before getting back on. In no way did I sulk with him for this. Humph. He of course couldn’t take my sulking seriously and continued to giggle at my expense, so I eventually had to give up trying to be annoyed and laugh along. But still, bad man!

We then headed back to the sun beds for a while, but I got bored and decided to go and take some pics! I stayed about 10 minutes before going back for Chris, but he was gone! He must have come to try and find me! I scanned he water for him everywhere then I thought I had spotted him, but was it him?! A quick zoom in with my camera confirmed that I can indeed recognise my fiancé from a distance! See him?

I ran back to the sunbed to ditch the camera and went back to play in the waves! Chris was inventing all kinds of games to make it more interesting! It was so much fun! He decided just before the wave reached us he would go underwater and launch me so I ended up being thrown on top of the waves! It was ace, I loved it! We were also doing the thing where you keep your back to the wave and don’t look round. Also fun and a bit scary! Haha!

By now Chris was hungry again and he went and got some chicken tenders I think it was. I wasn’t hungry enough for anything big, so I ate the second bag of lays that the nice CM had given me last night
I think we then went for more waves before lying down to dry off and then calling it a day about 1! It was really hot and we were both feeling the burn! I know we didn’t do any slides or anything, but that’s not why we go to Typhoon Lagoon. We just love the atmosphere of the place and enjoy having a chill out there.

Continued in next post

Edited at 03:24 PM.
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 14, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903
Disney Dreaming :)

Redrach1903's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
We decided on an impromptu game of mini golf at Fantasia Gardens since it was nearby and it is free before 4pm with our ultimate passes. We were going to do the Fantasia one since we hadn’t done it yet, but it was pretty busy and so went with the empty Fairways course. Chris was more than happy with this, he adored it last year! In fact, he kept going on about how good it was again this year! Haha!

Anyway, golf was fun, but I definitely prefer doing it at night as it was really burny hot today and we were both struggling a bit, but we did see a turtle in the water and we probably wouldn’t have noticed that at night . Chris of course beat me. He also got the best score of the day according to the plaque at the front desk, but he was too shy to tell them! I am still getting over this! Chris is not shy in the slightest. Perhaps he was just too hot and tired to bother. Lol.

We headed for home via the gas station and subway (for me). Chilled for a bit before getting ready and left the villa again about 4ish. We were going to the outlets and then to Bahama Breeze for tea!

We had to go to the Edwin Watts golf outlet first though (this is not the only time we go here!). After much deliberation and practice swings, putts and chat with the salesman (who was very nice by the way. Len I think his name was), Chris bought himself 3 wedges, a putter and a 3 wood for $543. He was very chuffed with life and said it would have cost him a lot more back home.

Here he is trying out putters!

As we were driving down towards the I Drive outlets we saw this adorable old couple crossing the road. Chris stopped to let them over and I said to him “that will be us when we’re 80, still coming to Orlando”

We eventually found a space in the busy car park at the outlets and headed on over!

We agreed to meet up in an hour. My first port of call was obviously Character Warehouse! I got myself a Mickey hoody and a top. I then had a nosey around some of the other shops. I was totally annoyed though cos I found the nestle tollhouse shop and made a mental note to back and get a cookie before I met Chris, but I could not find the damn place again. The outlets are just too big! Lol. Other purchases I made include yankee candle spray and some gifts for back home. I was determined this year not to waste our last day buying gifts, so I just bought them I went along.

I met Chris who was sitting on a bench waiting for me. He had bought 2 tshirts just and was keen to come back another day so he could have a better look around.

We drove down to Bahama Breeze which looked very busy! We had to park in Pizza Hut’s car park, but shhhhh don’t tell them! We were told if we sat at one of the high tables at the bar there would be no wait, so that’s what we did! I had a strawberry mojito and a diet coke (I like a soft drink to wash down my food) and Chris had a Bud Lite.
The top I’m wearing is the one Chris bought me last night!

I ordered Buttermilk Chicken Sliders to start and Chris had the wings. I could not believe my eyes when my sliders came. This is an appetizer?! Wow. But omg, they were SO good. Seriously tasty! I could have eaten them all up, but I thought I better save room for my main! Chris really enjoyed his wings too.

For mains we both had a burger. Mine was just a plain one while Chris had the applewood smoked bacon and cheddar one. Both were extremely yummy, but we just couldn’t finish them! This was another excellent meal and Bahama Breeze will always be a must for us!

We paid the bill ($58) and decided to finish our drinks outside and listen to the live music. It’s so nice out here! We took a smoochy selfie here too

We left once our drinks were finished and were home by 10.20. I think we must have gone straight to bed cos my notes don’t say any different! Early start tomorrow for the Keys to the Kingdom Tour!
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 14, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
bigplan415
Getting Excited

Thanks Rachael, I've been enjoying your reports. Sounds like you had so much fun at Typhoon Lagoon.
bigplan415 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 14, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A lovely day swimming, golf and shopping

Joan
Old 29 May 14, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Helen0705
Imagineer

Helen0705's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Another lovely day for the two of you
Helen0705 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 14, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
DISNEYLIZ
Imagineer

Another perfect day
DISNEYLIZ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 14, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post

Another great day but no pictures, says that because you're so popular you need to upgrade for more bandwith? Shame, but another great day.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 14, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Dixie Dot
Excited about Disney

Sounds like a perfect day x
Dixie Dot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 14, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
rachelhelen82
Imagineer

Another great day, looking forward to the next instalment
Disney Cruise Line ~ Disney Dream 2013
Disney Cruise Line Staycation ~ Disney Magic 2021
Hong Kong Disneyland 2016
Tokyo Disney Resort / Disneysea 2016
NYC 2016
Disneyland / California Adventure 2018
rachelhelen82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 14, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
pudge
Imagineer

pudge's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
Great day, not done any of the Disney Waterparks.

Aaah shopping one of my fav pastimes and Bahama Breeze...love it...I also like the Strawberry Mojito's
[/B][COLOR="Magenta"]2006 Crescent Lakes/New Port Richey, 2008 Highlands Reserve, 2010 Cumbrian Lakes (freebie) & Rolling Hills, 2012 Highlands Reserve, 2014 Bridgewater Crossing, 2015 Rolling Hills/HRH, 2016 Dibb villa Highlands Reserve/HRH & Vegas, 2017 Rolling Hills, Xmas 2018 Rolling Hills & RPR, 2019 Highlands Reserve, 2020 Highlands Reserve canx 2021 Emerald isle fingers crossed
pudge is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List