Notices

Old 26 Jul 15, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
k l is excited
Imagineer

The Lampert's & Co 2015 USA Tour - Pre-trippie August 2015

Think it's time to start our Pre-trippie as its less than two weeks till we fly to New York. We are all getting more excited by the day.

Let me introduce you to the family & co. Firstly there is myself Karen, then there is my DH Graham we have been married 31 years and celebrate our 32nd anniversary during our stay in Florida. This photo was taken a few weeks ago when we held a BBQ so we could all spend the evening together planning the holiday.

Next up is our son Chris (26) and his fiancée Toni (24) this photo was taken on their last visit to Orlando 2010)

Next is our DD Holly (14)

Finally we have Holly's two best friends Gabby (15) on left and Hollie (14) right

Graham, Holly and and I have been four times to Florida, 2007, 2009, 2010 and 2012. Chris has been three time 2007,2009 and 2010 Toni has been once in 2010 and Gabby and Hollie are both first timers this holiday.

We decided we wanted to revisit New York like we did in 2010, plus it meant the two girls would also experience this amazing place along with Orlando. We are flying with Thomas Cook in Economy on 8th August Manchester to JFK

Next up deciding where we would stay in New York, in the end we went for Fairfield Inn & Suites Times Square. Our stay includes free breakfast which is a bonus in New York plus they also have a roof top bar which no doubt the four adults will pay a visit to one evening.

We are leaving New York late afternoon on Tuesday 11th August flying with United Airlines from Newark.

We booked two rooms to stay one night at The Hyatt Place Universal Orlando as we wouldn't be arriving till around 8pm and this was only £52 per night for each room, bargain also includes breakfast.

We will be checking into RPR early on Wednesday morning to take advantage of early entry to the park. The plan is to spend the morning at Universal and then return to hotel for some pool time in the afternoon. we are then planning on visiting Islands of Adventure in the evening. Next day we will visit the parks in reverse.

We will be moving to Lake View Villa Orlando at Hampton lakes on 14th August for two weeks. Graham, Holly and I stayed here on our last visit in 2012 and we all loved the villa, we were so pleased to be able to stay there again.

Our final stay will be two nights staying at The Grand Beach hotel West in Surfside, Miami. We have booked a three bedroomed apartment in this new hotel it looks amazing

We are returning with Thomas Cook to Manchester from MIA on 30th August,we have upgraded to premium for our return journey and thought this would be a great way to finish off our amazing holiday. Plus we will get extra luggage allowance which I have no doubt the girls will make use of.

Here's another photo of Chris and Toni as the last one was not very clear.

Two VIP to us who won't be coming on this holiday are our eldest daughter Claire(28) and her fiancé Andy. They are busy saving and planning for their wedding next August. They came to Florida with us on our first visit in 2007 and we all had a great time. We are sorry they aren't able to join us but we are all really looking forward to their wedding next year. Plus we can hopefully pass on some tips about New York as they are spending their first three nights of their honeymoon there prior to flying onto Canada.

Photo from our first visit in 2007, seems only like yesterday.

Old 26 Jul 15, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Twinklestar1
VIP Dibber

Twinklestar1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Looks amazing - great to all enjoy together. Have a wonderful time x
Twinklestar1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 15, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
academy
slightly serious Dibber

Looks fab you go a few days before us

Can't wait for New York soooo excited.

Loving your Mickey Mouse T Shirt

Looking forward to reading more have a fab time
academy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 15, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
k l is excited
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Twinklestar1 View Post
Looks amazing - great to all enjoy together. Have a wonderful time x
Thanks. I'm really looking forward to sharing the experience with Holly's friends they are both very excited. None of us have been to Miami so that's new for us all.
Old 26 Jul 15, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
k l is excited
Imagineer

Originally Posted by academy View Post
Looks fab you go a few days before us

Can't wait for New York soooo excited.

Loving your Mickey Mouse T Shirt

Looking forward to reading more have a fab time
Thanks, You too have a good time, are you flying from Manchester and where are you staying. It will be here before we know it.
Old 26 Jul 15, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Your plans sound fantastic, hope you all have a wonderful holiday... Not long to wait.
Look forward to reading all about it
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 15, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by k l is excited - 26 Jul 15 9:15 PM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 15, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Jass66 is very excited ,my daughter is travelling with my very good friends to USA in less than 2 weeks
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 15, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
k l is excited
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Megandllsmum View Post
Your plans sound fantastic, hope you all have a wonderful holiday... Not long to wait.
Look forward to reading all about it
Thanks for your lovely comment. I hope I don't bore you too much as I haven't done anything like this before. The time seems to be going quite quickly now, I thought it would start to drag.
Old 26 Jul 15, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile Jass66

Originally Posted by app View Post
New Photo Added by k l is excited - 26 Jul 15 9:15 PM.
its all very exciting ,less than 2 weeks to go x
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List