Go Back   theDIBB > Other Planning Discussion > Weddings and Honeymoons
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.
QuickSilver
Unread 6 Jan 19, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
mulraneyy
Proud to wear my Ears

Congratulations!
I know I am biased but you have picked a stunning location.
I got both my wedding dress and bridesmaid dresses from a shop in Glasgow called Angelique Lamont. The bridesmaid dress designer is emmabridals

I always wanted different pastel colours and this designer had loads of colour swatches that made my decision easier.

I had a videographer and would definitely recommend getting one if your budget allows.
Also seems obvious but triple check everything! One of my bridesmaids pulled out so naturally I cancelled her hair and make up. However I didnt find out until the morning of my wedding that my wedding planner cancelled everyones hair and makeup including mine! It was all sorted in the end but was stress I could have done without.

On the day of, we got married at 5pm. John stayed with his friend in a hotel the night before and I stayed in the villa with my family and bridesmaids. My bridesmaids and I went to ihop for breakfast and John told me he went to Dennys haha were a classy couple!
Our guests just suited themselves to be honest. My family had a lazy morning by the pool and then got ready. My mother in law and her friends booked into a spa to get their hair and makeup done. The boys transported all the alcohol to the venue.
Our ceremony started at 5 and John arrived 10 minutes before on a speedboat. Our ceremony lasted about half an hour. Then we had pictures and hors d'oeuvre.
We were announced into the dining area around 6pm and had the speeches and toasts.
Then John and I headed to the pier for our couple pictures.
After food we just danced the night away and then headed to our villa for the after party!
The day went so quickly that I didnt have time to think. It was relaxed though and everyone said they had a great night. Your guests will have a great time - they have travelled all the way to Florida for you for a reason!
Any more questions feel free to ask!
Intl Drive 1995 : Kissimmee 1998 : Highland Reserve 2014 :
Hampton Lakes 2015 : Polo Park 2016: Formosa Gardens 2018
mulraneyy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Murcia, Spain
Unread 6 Jan 19, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Hels80
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We got married in 2009 with Helen organising everything. She is amazing. Youll have a ball!
Best Western I drive 1997, Regal Palms 2009, Wedding at Beuna Vista Palace 04/08/09, Coco Key 2010, Art of Animation, RPR Universal, Rosen Inn @ Pointe 2014, RPR & Disney's Swan 2017, Rosen Inn @ Pointe, Hard Rock Hotel, Port Orleans French 2018.

DLP: :
Best Western MLV 2007, Hotel Cheyenne 2008, Sequoia Lodge 2010, Dream Castle 2011, Kyriad MLV Torcy 2012, Hotel El'ysee 2012, Hotel Cheyenne 2013, Sequoia Lodge 2015.
Hels80 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
We're not going back next year...oops!
Hels80 is going to the DIBBcast Grand Day Out!
Unread 8 Jan 19, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Morganza
slightly serious Dibber

Beautiful pictures and what a gorgeous bride! Congratulations!
Morganza is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jan 19, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post
taylaboo
Imagineer

Mobile

After our daughter's wedding at Discovery Cove we went back to the villa, got changed, and had a meal at Hard Rock Cafe. Great day.
Villa at Emerald Isle 2015 - Wedding Trip
Villa at Champions Gate -2019
taylaboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
The Florida 9 are Off Again
Unread 9 Jan 19, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Tashifer
Getting to know the DIBB

Originally Posted by mulraneyy View Post
Congratulations!
I know I am biased but you have picked a stunning location.
I got both my wedding dress and bridesmaid dresses from a shop in Glasgow called Angelique Lamont. The bridesmaid dress designer is emmabridals

I always wanted different pastel colours and this designer had loads of colour swatches that made my decision easier.

I had a videographer and would definitely recommend getting one if your budget allows.
Also seems obvious but triple check everything! One of my bridesmaids pulled out so naturally I cancelled her hair and make up. However I didnt find out until the morning of my wedding that my wedding planner cancelled everyones hair and makeup including mine! It was all sorted in the end but was stress I could have done without.

On the day of, we got married at 5pm. John stayed with his friend in a hotel the night before and I stayed in the villa with my family and bridesmaids. My bridesmaids and I went to ihop for breakfast and John told me he went to Dennys haha were a classy couple!
Our guests just suited themselves to be honest. My family had a lazy morning by the pool and then got ready. My mother in law and her friends booked into a spa to get their hair and makeup done. The boys transported all the alcohol to the venue.
Our ceremony started at 5 and John arrived 10 minutes before on a speedboat. Our ceremony lasted about half an hour. Then we had pictures and hors d'oeuvre.
We were announced into the dining area around 6pm and had the speeches and toasts.
Then John and I headed to the pier for our couple pictures.
After food we just danced the night away and then headed to our villa for the after party!
The day went so quickly that I didnt have time to think. It was relaxed though and everyone said they had a great night. Your guests will have a great time - they have travelled all the way to Florida for you for a reason!
Any more questions feel free to ask!
it sounds like your day was perfect and its making me so excited! Thanks for all the tips its amazing the amount of things you dont think about but are so obvious when you're told about them! we are certainly considering a videographer... we were quoted $450 for the hour. the only other thing we might do is buy a go pro and rather tha just having a video from the ceremony, having a video for the whole holiday... still undecided at this point though!
Tashifer is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote