Go Back   theDIBB > Other Planning Discussion > Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Theme Parks
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Theme Parks Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.
Unread 12 Jan 19, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
AntonyJ
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile Hilton Pacific Flash Sale

tdrexplorer/hilton-tokyo...ter-2019-sale/

Covers April to July this year.

Just booked my 2 nights at Hilton Tokyo Bay next to Disney for May, saved me 70 or so off the price I saw last week.

Join the free Hilton Honours scheme to get best price .
AntonyJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
First trip to Tokyo Disney baby!
Unread 14 Jan 19, 08:18 AM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

nice find. did a quick check.

Now planning Tokyo Disneyland
Disneyland Paris: Dream castle, Magic castle, Cheyenne, Santa Fe, Explorers, Disneyland Hotel and Hotel New York Disneyland Anaheim Disneyland Hong Kong (a week after it opened!)
kk20 is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Tokyo here we come!
Unread 14 Jan 19, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Woo hoo, will keep in mind for the future!

Could you pay in pounds or did it have to be yen?
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Budget DLP trip!
Gill H is going to the DIBBcast Grand Day Out!
Unread 14 Jan 19, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

it will be in yen and charged at time of purchase. Dont forget to click on the price breakdown as the headline doesn't include service or tax charges. Also, if you put children in the occupancy then children are not charged at booking and will incur a fee later if you want an extra bed. Hilton CS advised us to put 4x adults for a true figure.

We have already booked Okura Bay via a sale but looked at the Celebrio select room as a possibility (then you get lounge access for drinks and snacks). We reasoned that we wont be going back to the room during the day so stayed with our original booking.

Now planning Tokyo Disneyland
Disneyland Paris: Dream castle, Magic castle, Cheyenne, Santa Fe, Explorers, Disneyland Hotel and Hotel New York Disneyland Anaheim Disneyland Hong Kong (a week after it opened!)
kk20 is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Tokyo here we come!
Unread 16 Jan 19, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post
AntonyJ
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by kk20 View Post
it will be in yen and charged at time of purchase. Dont forget to click on the price breakdown as the headline doesn't include service or tax charges. Also, if you put children in the occupancy then children are not charged at booking and will incur a fee later if you want an extra bed. Hilton CS advised us to put 4x adults for a true figure.

We have already booked Okura Bay via a sale but looked at the Celebrio select room as a possibility (then you get lounge access for drinks and snacks). We reasoned that we wont be going back to the room during the day so stayed with our original booking.
Quite correct, the headline room price is not the full price - it is not until you get to one of the final confirmation screens you can see the breakdown and all the taxes to pay. One good thing was that at least the final price shown WAS the final price - nothing to pay at the hotel.

I have been in email contact with them, really nice and helpful folks, as my Hilton Gold status and that gets me a room upgrade - if any available - at check in. Was wondering what type of rooms would be applicable if an upgrade was available.

We are in a Celebrio King Park View - and the possibles were 2 of the types of Happy Magic Room (v kid friendly - not our cup of tea! ) or one of the Celebrio Select rooms that give you lounge access for drinks and food - which would be v nice if we got!

The question I have, should I mail back and say "Happy Family is not for us, will stick with one we have thank you, only interested in the Celebrio Select if going" or not - not as bluntly of course!

Part of me thinks it is cheeky to say what you might want if they give you free upgrade, but part of me thinks it might be better to say something now, as they might give us a HF room at check in and we could loose the King Celebrio we have.

What do you guys think? #FirstWorldProblems

Edited at 08:47 AM.
AntonyJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
First trip to Tokyo Disney baby!