Go Back   theDIBB > Walt Disney World and Other Florida Vacation Planning > Shopping in Florida
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.
Unread 28 Dec 18, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
meboo
Apprentice Imagineer

Heres how to tell with a Coach bag ... handbags.lovetoknow/Coach_Outlet

And heres a similar article re Kate Spade... bigboxoutletstore.ca/blogs/a...utlet-handbags

I imagine that Costco also get outlet stock. My bags are very similar to those sold in the main stores but there are subtle differences.

Edited at 10:49 PM. Reason: Another link
meboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
DLP
Unread 29 Dec 18, 03:55 AM  
Link to this Post
scooby99
Imagineer

Originally Posted by toonarmani View Post
Strange how those my wife has bought were available online and also in our local Costco in the U.K...

(Both Kate Spade and Coach).
You may see the same item on sale in the regular & outlet stores, ie, same design/look etc.

However, the outlet item will have been manufactured with inferior materials, stitching, care, quality checks etc; as others mention, it can sometimes be easy to spot this.

It is suggested that around 95% of outlet stock is made specifically for outlets & has never been near nor intended to be for regular stores.

Thats fine as long as youre aware & dont compare pricing etc for items in US/UK regular stores vs outlet stores; theyre not the same items.

Edited at 04:02 AM.
scooby99 is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
California dreaming...
Unread 29 Dec 18, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Maksol
Getting to know the DIBB

Hi , we were there a few days ago and most of the store had 70% off with an extra 20% off on a lot of items. A lot of the bags etc are not leather though, and there were marks on many of the items.
Maksol is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Dec 18, 11:23 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
VIP Dibber

When we were there in October/November, they had different discounts around the store. Some were 70% off plus an extra 20% on top of that. I ended up getting a bag and purse for $150 should have been $570. Sign up to SIMON and download the app and they also had an extra 10% off a $150 spend (I forgot to use it twice ) xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Surprise 2019 Trip
Unread 6 Jan 19, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Grace2007
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

I was also there in October and purchased a lovely work bag from Kate spade - very good quality and I had also checked out what to look for - metal feet and metal Kate spade logo - mine was $85 dollars 😁
Grace2007 is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
We were only going once, going back...
Unread 9 Jan 19, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Apprentice Imagineer

I had to go check my Kate Spade lol... I thought it was a 'made for outlets' one and it doesn't have metal feet so I'm guessing it is? However I totally don't mind as it was only 50 from the outlet at Bicester village! And it's super pretty. You'd pay 50 for a bag in somewhere like Accessorize or Topshop. The quality feels just as nice as another bag I have that cost 795 (I didn't pay for it lol). So do check the UK outlets too and don't totally dismiss the made for outlet stuff!
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
First time at Disney!
Unread 12 Jan 19, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
steviet78
Getting Excited

steviet78's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We were there is October and it was 70% off, plus an extra 20%. Then if you pick up the coupon book you can get another 10% off. My OH was very happy indeed.
steviet78 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote