Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Closed Thread

Old 13 Jun 16, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post
little tink
slightly serious Dibber

We absolutely loved the Polynesian and have stayed there twice! We never found it busy and one of the times was in Ausgust, it's such a relaxed and chilled hotel. Although you can't walk to MK, you can catch the small launch boat that serves the Poly and the GF for a lovely trip across the lagoon to MK. You get a great view of the fireworks every night, even from the pool. It's recently had a big renovation so it's probably even better than when we last stayed.

We also found that because you're so close to MK, once we got back from days at other parks, we would then go into MK for the evening or to make use of the extra evening hours there.

Ohana is a great resturant and although it isn't a signature is still lovely and very popular. As others may have mentioned, if you wanted a signature resturant you could use the nice walk to the GF and eat at Narcoossee's which gives you a great view of Wishes!

Little Tink
little tink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 16, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Rebelrebel View Post
The Oasis pool is lovely, we looked at the volcano pool and it was too manic for us and yes it is a nice walk to the GF, the path takes you to the Villas we had a quick nose in there and tried to look in the GF Spa and gym but you can't use it unless you pay extra. We watched wishes from our balcony which was nice too, this is a view of the MK without zoom from my very old iPhone so you can see you can get a good view. You can't go wrong with either resort it is just what suits you best.
Looks amazing! Thanks for sharing - can't wait to be there
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 16, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Rebelrebel
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MrsBB View Post
Looks amazing! Thanks for sharing - can't wait to be there
Here's a night view with a bit of zoom, none of the fireworks pics turned out well though.

Rebelrebel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 16, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post

Here's a night view with a bit of zoom, none of the fireworks pics turned out well though.

Oh wow! How wonderful! Can I ask if yo stayed in a standard room or DVC? Sorry OP
Old 13 Jun 16, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Rebelrebel
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MrsBB View Post
Oh wow! How wonderful! Can I ask if yo stayed in a standard room or DVC? Sorry OP
We stayed DVC, we rented points for our stay, it was noisy though with the boat honking all day and evening .
Rebelrebel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 16, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post

We stayed DVC, we rented points for our stay, it was noisy though with the boat honking all day and evening .
Aw that's a shame. Can I ask which room/longhouse you were view looks amazing!
Old 13 Jun 16, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Rebelrebel
Imagineer

We were in Moorea and I think it was room 2019.
Old 14 Jun 16, 05:45 AM  
Link to this Post

Thanks again for all the posts. Think I might be coming round to sticking with what I have at Polynesian. I should stop thinking about it really but with 320 days to go I expect I will chop amd change my mind many times!
Old 14 Jun 16, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Bridgetx View Post
Thanks again for all the posts. Think I might be coming round to sticking with what I have at Polynesian. I should stop thinking about it really but with 320 days to go I expect I will chop amd change my mind many times!
You are in the wonderful position of not being able to make the wrong choice... you will have a great time if you pick any of the resorts mentioned including the Poly obviously.

Old 14 Jun 16, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post
sunnysandra
Very Serious Dibber

Which hotels are in the Epcot area ?
sunnysandra is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread