Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 26 Jul 18, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
cupcakefairy
Imagineer

Package

Hi

Has anyone ever done West Coast through a package? We have flights with TC booked for next Sept but I have heard they are in the process of cancelling some and we have already had ours changed so i wondered is it easier to just book a package ?

xx

cupcakefairy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 18, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

I have looked into this in the past but rejected it because:

Very over priced compared to what I could source myself
Inflexible itineraries
Limited selection of hotels, sometimes in locations I wouldn't choose.

There are bespoke options but these tend to be very costly. To be honest I couldn't find any reason to book a package, but that could be my holidaying style (I want to control it myself and get good value).
Old 26 Jul 18, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
cupcakefairy
Imagineer

Thanks Karen I thought so just hope they dont cancel my flights now haha x

cupcakefairy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 18, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
shalligan64
Gone all Goofy

hi
we are also booked with thomas cook for sept 19 and had an email yesterday to say they have changed our flight from 17th sept to 16th sept, not really a problem and have managed to move most of our hotels.

do you know why they are cancelling and amending flights as I cannot find any information on this at all and thomas cook didnt give any information in the email

thanks.
shalligan64 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 18, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post
landandword17
Imagineer

Mobile

My SIL is going on a cruise next year out of L.A. They’ve cancelled her return flight from LA but not the flight out so she’s currently battling them on that because one way returns are crazy expensive. No idea what’s going on, they seem to be just stopping the flights to LAX after April next year. Very poor form.
landandword17 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 18, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Invisible Man
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by landandword17 View Post
My SIL is going on a cruise next year out of L.A. They’ve cancelled her return flight from LA but not the flight out so she’s currently battling them on that because one way returns are crazy expensive. No idea what’s going on, they seem to be just stopping the flights to LAX after April next year. Very poor form.
But as of yesterday, they were still taking bookings For April, had May blocked out, but taking bookings for the rest of the year. Don’t know what’s going on.
Invisible Man is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 18, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
cupcakefairy
Imagineer

I spoke to TC on Thursday and she couldnt assure me that they wouldnt change again. I was panicking as when I went to look on their website I couldnt see my flights but on Saturday they were all up again. I guess thats the risk of booking flights so early. We now have 2 extra day ha ha.

Had a quote from Charter travel of £2345 each which I think is a little steep! x

Old 30 Jul 18, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post
pompeyboy
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by landandword17 View Post
Not sure where she wants to fly back to but Norwegian have "one way returns" or singles from around £220 inc bags and food, they only fly to Gatwick from LAX
pompeyboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 18, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
lynne6705
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

Not much help but I also looked at booking a package deal as we have a lot on at the minute and planning this trip seemed like a nightmare, however when I costed it up I couldn't justify the price especially when the holiday wasn't matching up to what I wanted it to be.
lynne6705 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List