Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 27 Oct 18, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
WB72
Imagineer

I think you should be able to get business/upper for around £2k no problem, just keep checking. We have been lucky and normally pay just over half that, but I am struggling with our upcoming holidays...
As for the smell, unfortunately you cannot avoid this and I am in agreement with your daughter, it is very nauseating. And I still can't eat the food, even in upper/business - the only decent one I had was the filet on US Airways.
WB72 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 18, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Firstly I can't believe you're home. Seems like yesterday we were messaging while we were both there. Poor Soph. I totally get what she means. On virgin though all we could smell in morning was warm pastries. I believe PE breakfast was just a warm croissant and a yogurt plus some fruit. Normally mine won't touch anything but Grant and Paige both ate. Dylan was sleeping and I couldn't get my table out with him sprawled on the armrest but the smell wasn't there. Xx
toots82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 18, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Pirates7
Earning My Ears

Mobile

What month are you looking at for the UC
Pirates7 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 18, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
sophiepop
Imagineer

sophiepop's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Pirates7 View Post
What month are you looking at for the UC
Probably late May early June (I think) depends on term dates for new uni course

95 Indian Ridge - 98 Hamiltons Reserve - 00 Omni Rosen - 07 West Stonebridge - 09 Lake Wilson - 11/13/14 Town Centre - 16/18/20 Windwood - 22 Highland - 24 Calabria - 26 Highland
sophiepop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 18, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
sophiepop
Imagineer

sophiepop's Reviews
Originally Posted by toots82 View Post
Firstly I can't believe you're home. Seems like yesterday we were messaging while we were both there. Poor Soph. I totally get what she means. On virgin though all we could smell in morning was warm pastries. I believe PE breakfast was just a warm croissant and a yogurt plus some fruit. Normally mine won't touch anything but Grant and Paige both ate. Dylan was sleeping and I couldn't get my table out with him sprawled on the armrest but the smell wasn't there. Xx
Tell me about it

She could cope with that breakfast, PE in Tui was some rank veggie frittata thing

She was so poorly and it would be a problem for us for future trips. Unless I can find a better way to do it. Fingers crossed x

95 Indian Ridge - 98 Hamiltons Reserve - 00 Omni Rosen - 07 West Stonebridge - 09 Lake Wilson - 11/13/14 Town Centre - 16/18/20 Windwood - 22 Highland - 24 Calabria - 26 Highland
sophiepop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 18, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Pirates7
Earning My Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by sophiepop View Post
Probably late May early June (I think) depends on term dates for new uni course
Have you tried BA as there business prices are a lot more reasonable than virgin UC in May/June when I’ve been looking
Old 27 Oct 18, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post
sophiepop
Imagineer

sophiepop's Reviews
Originally Posted by Pirates7 View Post
Have you tried BA as there business prices are a lot more reasonable than virgin UC in May/June when I’ve been looking
I'll price it up tomorrow

Old 28 Oct 18, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Alices Aunt View Post
BA had some deals on earlier this week as we went clubworld for under £1500 rtn each. Virgin are really expensive for next year in upper flights the same day were £6k each
BA Fly Drive booking with Avis car hire isn't priced too badly either - option for a deposit to secure booking then full balance due (rough guess) 12 weeks before departure. Sign up with BA executive club for some additional benefits like free additional driver - plus Avis Preferred for quick car collection after your first visit.

Only 32 Club World seats on the refurb'd BA 777's. 4A/K are the best seats on the plane.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 18, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
steve@mac155.f
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
If you shop at Tesco you can convert your club card points into either BA avios or Virgin miles. BA club world might be good for you as the breakfast offing is bacon rolls and pastries unless they have changed it. done quite a few trips booking BA world traveled pus then using avios to upgrade to Club World courtesy of Mr Tesco.

Steve
steve@mac155.f is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 18, 12:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Pirates7
Earning My Ears

Mobile

Did you have any luck with BA prices?