Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 1 Nov 18, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Laura1988
Trying for More Ears

Hi,

Been having the same iusse with my friends daughter who we are taking away with us in 2 weeks, if there is a court order then she will have no problems and she does not need his permission under 28 days, just make sure she takes the paper work x
Laura1988 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 18, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Kirsty2tt View Post
I always get asked on my entry back into the UK. I now carry my kids birth certificates with me every time I fly. They often ask the kids who I am to them but I've never had any problems. I also take a letter from their dad but have never been asked for it.
that's what my daughter says. When she visits us, she shows birth certificate-

besides which, today there are so many one parent families or second third marriage families
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 18, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Wooll123
A Guest at All-Stars

Mobile

I have had a few different scenarios with taking my children out ... sometimes they have just asked the child there relationship which sometimes works well when your child isn’t tired at 3am when they can come out with some bizarre answers ...,
I once had a occasion where I travelled home with my son and my husband stayed to work at home and had a lengthy discussion about how I should have a permission letter from my husband to travel with my son alone which never crossed my mind 🤔. So I’m sure they come across all sorts of situations I think they are just checking the best they can.
Wooll123 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 18, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
nats1211
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Take the birth certificate and the court order. When we flew last year the virgin check in asked Charlie a few questions about where he was going and who with really casually then we got grilled on the way back in and was glad I had all paperwork to just hand over.
nats1211 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 18, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Connies Mummy
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
My daughter has a different surname from me, have travelled twice to Florida with her and not had a problem. I was asked if her father knew and was ok with her travelling and I said he did and that as long as he didn’t have to pay he didn’t really care, the immigration officer gave me a smile and told my daughter to have a lovely holiday and take good care of her mum! I only ever have a problem coming back into the UK, always get questioned or rather my daughter gets the questions, she was once asked who I was and just stayed quiet not saying anything when pushed further, do you know this ladies name she shook her head and said no! Ever since I’ve never let her live it down! I’ve always travelled with her birth certificate and they always let us back in eventually!
Connies Mummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 18, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Hypnobabe
Being a bit Goofy

Originally Posted by Rhubarb2206 View Post
I'm glad I have read this. I am taking my daughter next April. She will be nearly 16. We went to France earlier in the year, and didn't have any issues at all.
I am not really on amicable terms with my ex, so was hoping not to have to ask for his permission (he rarely sees her, but thats another story!).
Do you think I will have any problems if I just take a copy of her birth certificate?
Thanks.

Check with the airline, lots of airlines class 15 yr olds as adults who can fly alone
Hypnobabe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 18, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
LadyFromage
Very Serious Dibber

I travel with my DD13 at least 3 times a year

She's not my hubands daughter, and has a different name to the rest of us (Long story but her dad doesn't mind my husband paying for absolutely everything like Disney holidays, ski trips, new phones etc but won't let her double barrell her name so she can have the same name as her mum and her sibling )

We've never been asked by anyone about her name / parents. We've been all over the world.

Infact when we came back from Dubai this year immigration were questioning if I even went as I am so pale and the rest of my family had obviously been out in the sun all day every day
LadyFromage is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 18, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
MickyC
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Similar story for me with my stepson having a different surname to me and his Mam.

Never had any issues in MCO, funnily enough they couldn’t have been any nicer to us but coming back home via Manchester is a nightmare but I do appreciate they have a job to do so no complaints 👍🏻
MickyC is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 18, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Andy0502
Excited about Disney

We have the same when travelling with my DW and DSS. He has different surname - we just take his birth certificate but have never had to show it. He was French gets asked who I am and who he is travelling with. It’s never been a problem.
Andy0502 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 18, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
dave
Imagineer

Originally Posted by bighal View Post
More likely you will be asked about your relationship with the child when you arrive backin the UK. This has happened a lot at Glasgow immigration recently. Seems it's a nationwide campaign ongoing at the moment.
Nothing new this year, just stepping up with it more.
See this link to their leaflet.

assets.publishing.service.go...EB_final .pdf
Sunset lakes 01, Weston Hills 03,Indian Ridge 04, Davenport 04, Westridge 06 & 07, Florida Pines 08, Lake Berkley 09, Windsor Hills 10, Emerald Island 12, Westridge 13, Legacy Park 15, Eagle Pointe 16, Loma Linda & Windsor Hills 17, Westridge 18, Bella Vida 19
FLORIDA MASTERS WORST TRAVEL AGENT 2015
HOLIDAY GENIE / TRAVELUP WORST TRAVEL AGENT 2016
dave is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List