Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 11 Jan 18, 11:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Leggibone
Imagineer

Mobile

I have gall stones and they can be extremly painful, so I feel for you, im currently waiting for surgery, had my referral appointment so waiting to have it out.
2014 - Rosen Inn International, Hard Rock Hotel, Yacht club and Bay Lake Tower! Mr Bears Grand Adventure, 2015- A sneaky to DLP- Sequoia Lodge, 2016- Another WDW trip... BLT, AKL, HRH and Rosen Inn - Mr Bear takes Boris to WDW, 2022 - Taking the small fry…. Coronado spring addition, 2024 - Riding solo?
Leggibone is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 18, 11:49 PM  
Link to this Post
missdopey
Imagineer

I've had a dull ache and it feels like it catches on my ribs too, for about 2 years. In the summer I had a bad attack was in unbearable pain for 18 hours and left with a niggle for a week. It felt like trapped wind initially. Went to doctors who suspected gallstones and took blood which pointed at that too. Referred for a scan 3 weeks later which showed a number of stones. They left it up to me what to do. A month later after suffering a few more obvious dull aches i contacted the doctor and they referred me to a general surgeon had my appt in November and I'm scheduled to have it removed next week.
You have my every sympathy, it's a horrendous pain!

ASMo, ASMu x4, SSR x2, BLT x 4, CSR, POLY, AKL x 4, BC x 4, BWV, CC, OKW
DVC MEMBER - BLT & SSR
missdopey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 18, 12:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Leggibone
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dreamadream View Post
I have gallstones, many of them apparently, the sonograhper said it isn’t like a gravel pit lol
I rarely have a severe attack, maybe once a year, but what I do have is an almost constant dull ache. Worse if I bend over, like it catches on my ribs iykwim? Exercise and heavy housework makes it really sore.
The latest research suggests avoiding a low fat diet. The gall bladder is a pulsating organ. If you are not exercising it (by relaxing the bile acid when digesting fats) then the gallbladder stones increase in size and are not passed whilst they are small.
They get a lot worse when I am sticking to SW, as many other sw followers also report. Not that my gp wanted to believe it, she wanted to think I drink a vat of fat every meal...
I also find it’s when I exert myself the pain is worst! doing my garden caused one of my worst attacks, I also find dehydration doesn’t help!
I eat the same, I tried cutting down fat, but I still had the dull ache, and soreness, I just put up with it. The surgeon at my consultation looked at me funny when I said I got a lot of pain when I do things like gardening...
2014 - Rosen Inn International, Hard Rock Hotel, Yacht club and Bay Lake Tower! Mr Bears Grand Adventure, 2015- A sneaky to DLP- Sequoia Lodge, 2016- Another WDW trip... BLT, AKL, HRH and Rosen Inn - Mr Bear takes Boris to WDW, 2022 - Taking the small fry…. Coronado spring addition, 2024 - Riding solo?
Leggibone is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 18, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post
mariechez
Imagineer

mariechez's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Originally Posted by dreamadream View Post
I have gallstones, many of them apparently, the sonograhper said it isn’t like a gravel pit lol
I rarely have a severe attack, maybe once a year, but what I do have is an almost constant dull ache. Worse if I bend over, like it catches on my ribs iykwim? Exercise and heavy housework makes it really sore.
The latest research suggests avoiding a low fat diet. The gall bladder is a pulsating organ. If you are not exercising it (by relaxing the bile acid when digesting fats) then the gallbladder stones increase in size and are not passed whilst they are small.
They get a lot worse when I am sticking to SW, as many other sw followers also report. Not that my gp wanted to believe it, she wanted to think I drink a vat of fat every meal...
My problems started after a few weeks on SW aswell.

ORLANDO 03,04,05x2,07,O8,09,10x2,11x2,12x2,13,14,15,16
LV x2,SAN FRAN & LA,CRUISING THE CARIBBEAN,BALTICS ,FJORDS,BAHAMAS,ITALY,
BARCELONA,FRANCE, PORTUGAL,BOSTON, NEW ENGLAND,BELGUIM,GUERNSEY. NEW YORKx3 & MIAMI
mariechez is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 18, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
moggitymog
slightly serious Dibber

oooh you poor thing! I ended up in A&E, misdiagnosed with ovarian torsion due to a cyst so had that whipped out then ended up in again with an infected gallbladder. Finally had it removed in May, best thing ever, good luck. I only had one stone but so glad its gone

International plaza resort and spa - March 2009 Hawthorn suites, westwood boulevard - Nov 2011 New York - Nov 2014 Rosen inn, pointe orlando - Feb 2015 Enclave Suites - Feb 2018
moggitymog is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 18, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I had gall stones. First attack at the Hard Rock Hotel. Emergency medical people called as my husband thought I was having a heat attack. They did it was ‘gas’. Then a week later I spent three hours locked in a cubicle at Be our Guest in agony. Back home similar pain 28 times in 10 weeks before I was admitted to hospital. Gall stones. Gall bladder out. Get a scan and get it out would be my advice. I was beside myself for nearly 4 months and exhausted with it. Back at work a few days after the op and back to normal.
Old 13 Jan 18, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Daisy_Do_72
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Well I'm still poorly, I'm now wondering if maybe I have an ulcer, been sipping calamine tea all day, which seems to have helped. I'm still avoiding fatty/ spicy/ dairy food... But craving a Chinese takeaway lol.
No scan appointment yet... Hope it comes soon so I can understand exactly what is going on. Xx
Daisy_Do_72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 18, 11:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Daisy_Do_72
slightly serious Dibber

Gallstones / Gallbladder ** Update**

So I was diagnosed with a 2cm dia Stone, it was recommended I have gallbladder removed.

Went in 3 Weeks ago for keyhole surgery, had to have an overnight stay which was fine. However, i'm taking longer to recover and get back to normal than I thought. Still being careful with fatty / spicy food just in case it causes an upset tummy. Still discomfort if I try to do too much and not driving again yet. On the plus side I have enjoyed Nashville Box Set, that has really helped me pass the time.
Daisy_Do_72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 18, 11:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Connies Mummy
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
It takes a good couple of weeks before you start feeling right again. It might only be keyhole surgery but it’s still a fairly big op. But glad to hear they finally got to the bottom of it for you and now your pesky gall bladder is gone you’ll be pain free.
Connies Mummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 18, 11:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Daisy_Do_72
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Connies Mummy View Post
It takes a good couple of weeks before you start feeling right again. It might only be keyhole surgery but it’s still a fairly big op. But glad to hear they finally got to the bottom of it for you and now your pesky gall bladder is gone you’ll be pain free.

I keep telling people it was only keyhole surgery... but they must be big blummin keys

Glad its over, I hadn't had any pain since the original episode last January... so been lucky really.