Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 11 Aug 19, 04:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Diznee
Proud to wear my Ears

Dollar fuel cost question.

Does anybody know how much Dollar charge for a pre paid tank of fuel. I was told at the counter to return the car full and when I did I was told I didn't need to as it was pre paid. Was told to contact travel agent who can claim a refund for me for the original tank.

I've tried looking it up online but they don't seem to advertise the cost.

Thanks
Diznee is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 19, 04:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
All cars are supplied full and there is no charge for that.

I assume you had an enhanced Insurance product with your Agent that gave a bring back tank empty option?

However I have to say having seen many of these battles to recoup money over the years that you will have little success. But best of luck.

My starter for ten would be what car did you have? Google it's tank capacity and also what was the price of Gas per gallon when you filled it up.

If your final figure was circa $45 I would be trying for a $40 refund etc.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 19, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Diznee
Proud to wear my Ears

Thanks for the response, yes that was what happened we had the empty tank option but was told at counter to bring back full. The lady told me about it on return and said she had put a note on the contract but that it was the travel agent that needs to contact them to get the refund.
Diznee is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 19, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Diznee
Proud to wear my Ears

My fault really as I should have known what I'd paid for. Charter Travel usually give us Alamo and I take the car back full, but for some reason they went with Dollar this time.
Old 11 Aug 19, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Diznee View Post
My fault really as I should have known what I'd paid for. Charter Travel usually give us Alamo and I take the car back full, but for some reason they went with Dollar this time.
OK. Can I ask what you thought of the Dollar experience please?

Reason being is I am fed up with Alamo SUV dogs and considering changing to Dollar.

Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 19, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Pagan8c
Getting Excited

Mobile

[QUOTE=Mr Tom Morrow;14009564]OK. Can I ask what you thought of the Dollar experience please?

Reason being is I am fed up with Alamo SUV dogs and considering changing to Dollar.[/QUO
I would be interested too.
Pagan8c is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 19, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Diznee
Proud to wear my Ears

No problem with Dollar whatsoever, apart from this issue with the fuel which as I say was partly my fault, I might even have misheard the guy after the long flight.

I was concerned about being unable to skip the counter as I remember my first time with Alamo, before learning to skip, getting the hard sell for upgrades that I didn't need. The guy at the Dollar counter did offer upgrades but took "no thank you" to each of them and moved on.

Alamo had the usual massive queue at their counter, Dollar counter had just one person in front of me. I joined the queue and was on the way to the garage in 5 mins. I think we had a choice of two standard cars but the other categories had more and they did seem to be filling the other spaces at the time.

I'd definitely use again and would recommend.
Old 11 Aug 19, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Diznee View Post
No problem with Dollar whatsoever, apart from this issue with the fuel which as I say was partly my fault, I might even have misheard the guy after the long flight.

I was concerned about being unable to skip the counter as I remember my first time with Alamo, before learning to skip, getting the hard sell for upgrades that I didn't need. The guy at the Dollar counter did offer upgrades but took "no thank you" to each of them and moved on.

Alamo had the usual massive queue at their counter, Dollar counter had just one person in front of me. I joined the queue and was on the way to the garage in 5 mins. I think we had a choice of two standard cars but the other categories had more and they did seem to be filling the other spaces at the time.

I'd definitely use again and would recommend.
Great response. Thank you.

Old 28 Sep 19, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Diznee
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Just to update incase anyone searches for this thread. Dollar did refund the original fuel payment of $39.71 as promised at drop off.

They asked for a copy of the fuel receipt, which I didn't have (printer wasn't working on the pump) they accepted a copy of my credit card statement (with card details blacked out).

So all in all a good experience with Dollar car hire.