Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 16 Aug 19, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Prospect1
VIP Dibber

Cancer update

After a very poor nights sleep I feel ok today. My temperature is up but I figure that’s the body fighting the chemotherapy. It doesn’t like having the poison introduced.
Prospect1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Glad you're feeling ok despite not sleeping well. Keep up the fight and stay strong and positive
Juliemack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
bonnies mum
Imagineer

Good to get that one over with. Hope you temperature settles.
bonnies mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
When I was having chemo my consultant told me to save the ironing to do on the first night, as I would be wide awake I didn’t but he was right.
Used to do a lot of reading. Just sleep when you can.

Joan
Old 16 Aug 19, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
4fromsuffolk
Very Serious Dibber

4fromsuffolk's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Hi, glad you feel ok today, sorry you had a rough night. Do you have a number to call if you need any advice? If you do might be worth a call just to check that it’s to be expected that your temperature is raised.
4fromsuffolk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
voicon
Apprentice Imagineer

voicon's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I had the same, make sure you drink loads, it helped me.
voicon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post

Keep an eye on temp, you shouldn't take any painkillers to keep temp down, consult chemo team if worried, a raised temp can also be a sign of sepsis but not always so check.

Steroids used to keep me awake most of the night and on T they upped my steroid dose to avoid an allergic reaction. Find something to relax you if you wake in the night like listen to music with headphones on or catch up with TV & a cuppa, nap in the day if tired. Your body clock will be all over the place, don't fight it and rest when you can.

Edited at 03:03 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Loobylou_82
Imagineer

Mobile

No advice, but want to send you positive vibes.
Loobylou_82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
shrek1609
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Hi there,
Chemo is tough BUT if your temperature stays raised above 37.5 degrees for more than 6 hours you should ring the hotline number you should have been given.

The first week of each cycle is definitely the worst (that and taking yourself back again for the next dose).

Listen to your body... the days youve got steroids after chemo you eat for england and cant sleep, by day three you usually crash and sleep most of the day.

Best piece of advice I was given was keep a chemo diary! Just a brief overview of each day of your cycle.

Mine was really basic, a sad or happy face. If I felt nauseous/vomited. Constipation/diarrhoea (as chemo can cause either)

You will quickly find it forms a pattern through each chemo, so for me days 1-3 = little sleep and starving hungry. days 4-8 felt truly dreadful, slept as much as I could. day 9 onwards my energy and mood got better and better until day 21 whenn it becomes day 1 again.

Good luck, and keep your eye on your temp.

Any questions I might be able to answer.. feel free to ask.
2013 A level celebrations Mum & daughter HRH/RPR/Rosen@Pointe
2008 All the family Regal Palms/HRH

Edited at 06:58 PM.
shrek1609 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Connies Mummy
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Definitely keep a check on your temperature, having been through chemo with my Dad the last few months he was told if his temp went over 37.5 he had to go to A&E calling ahead so they could put him straight into isolation. This happened 3 times and twice he was neutropenic and required two lengthy hospital stays. Please don’t sit on a temperature it can be a sign of sepsis which is life threatening. Hopefully you’re fine but you can’t be too careful.
Connies Mummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List