Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 25 Aug 19, 02:12 AM  
Link to this Post
mickee
Apprentice Imagineer

Halloween candy in hand luggage?

Hi all,
We are flying home 😥 on monday and have a fairly impressive amount of MNSSHP candy. We are flying from Tampa- Chicago-Heathrow. Can we take it as carry on or will it need to go in the hold? Have read conflicting information so hoping some lovely Dibbers can help xxx
- 1999 lake buena vista, 2001 lindifields villa, 2010 bridgewater crossing,2013 sandy ridge, 2014 extended stay america, 2015 westridge manors north, 2017 southern dunes villa, 2018 calabay Parc villa.

trip report= https://DIBB.in/12468393
mickee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 19, 03:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

You should be ok to take it in your hand luggage but just make sure it's all together as most airports here seem to ask you to put all food in a separate tray at security. We had this at Tampa and also at Atlanta and were trying to find what food we had in our bags last minute as it didn't say on any signs that it should be removed.
Old 25 Aug 19, 07:38 AM  
Link to this Post
dietcokebreak
slightly serious Dibber

We’ve just returned (virgin mco to man) lots of mnsshp candy plus other sweets/chocolates in our hand luggage. No signs to take them out of the bag but the bag did get an extra search and tins swabbed but no problem actually taking it through 🙂
dietcokebreak is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 19, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
They often have firework residue on them so may get swabbed so allow a little extra time if you have a lot .
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 19, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Yes I carry mine in handbag & hand luggage though they always have an extra look, don’t know why 15 packs of tropical skittles is ok isn’t it 🙊🇺🇸My sweet stash alone weighed 5 Kg one year
ClaireNJ is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 19, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Jennywren
VIP Dibber

Years ago we took our DD friends with us. At end of holiday one of them said she had a problem and couldn't get her clothes in her suitcase. When I checked her whole large suitcase was full of candy she had collected at the various parks halloween nights and none of her clothes were in the case. I had to explain that clothes took priority over candy or her mum would kill me when we got back. Then DD and other friend said they had the same problem. In the end got all the kids to pool their candy and took one extra hold bag between them with us, and left the rest for the villa cleaners.
Jennywren is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 19, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
mickee
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks everyone. Six of us attended the party so the amount we have is a lot more than I anticipated. We've divided it up between us all so should all be good. Xx
- 1999 lake buena vista, 2001 lindifields villa, 2010 bridgewater crossing,2013 sandy ridge, 2014 extended stay america, 2015 westridge manors north, 2017 southern dunes villa, 2018 calabay Parc villa.

trip report= https://DIBB.in/12468393
mickee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 19, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Tumpshies
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

i know ive up graded to the extra luggage allowance (was given 5kg for my medications anyway so hopefully i can get away with putting this all in my hand luggage
Tumpshies is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 19, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
TheHughesCrew
Imagineer

Dumb question here... is there any reason it cant go in hold luggage? Storing away info for nxt year!
TheHughesCrew is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 19, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Yes it can but of course if you are already at your max weight then I put it in the hand luggage & handbag, which they never weigh
ClaireNJ is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List