Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 28 Sep 19, 07:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile Contact lenses in Florida

My 13 year old son wears contacts but only at school. We have never let him wear them whilst on holiday due to the heat etc I don’t actually know why but I imagined they would dry up and hurt!
Last year it was a pain swapping from prescription sun glasses to normal glasses for every show plus not being able to see on fast rides as we took our glasses off.
He has asked if he can wear his contacts next year and just use normal sun glasses and I am tempted to buy a box and do the same (I have never used them before though)
For those who wear them, is there any problems in the heat (July & August) do they irritate or hurt?
We obviously could not wear them at water parks.

It’s rather funny when we go swimming on Fridays when my youngest, my muddle son & I are all squinting away trying to see where we are swimming lol
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 19, 07:24 AM  
Link to this Post
kazdudds
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I’ve always worn my lenses everyday in Florida without any issues (I don’t always wear them everyday here) mainly so I can wear sunglasses. I also wore them to the water park but I don’t go on many of the rides and tend to stick with the calm lazy rivers where any splashing is minimal
March 2010 - First time with the kiddies and the oldies, December 2011 - Disney Beach Club 2 weeks at Christmas! December 2015 - 2 weeks at Christmas with all the family! August 2018 - 10 nights at Villa in Fort Myers. August 2019 - 3 week combo (Disney’s Vero Beach, Disney Beach Club and a week in a Villa)
kazdudds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 19, 07:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Mackenzies03
Serious Dibber

Mobile

I wore them out trip last year and sometimes used some contact safe eye drops if they were getting a bit too dry! Did make a big difference with sunglasses though x
Old 28 Sep 19, 07:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Willeve
Imagineer

Mobile

I wear lenses all the time, as long as your eyes are used to them it will be fine.
Willeve is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 19, 07:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Weddingnyc
Apprentice Imagineer

We actually found the opposite and the humidity in the air made it more comfortable and our eyes didn’t dry out. (We wear contacts very rarely at home but wore them every day on holiday).
We also wore them at the water parks and took them straight out afterwards.
NY and Boston July 2020
Weddingnyc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 19, 07:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Stella_11
Excited about Disney

I wear them all the time on holiday. The only thing I would say is that mine dry up terribly on an aeroplane and in an air-conditioned car, so I use drops.

Also be aware your days will be very long and I wont wear mine for longer than 10 hours.
Stella_11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 19, 07:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Connies Mummy
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
I wore contacts for the first time this year in Florida, I don’t wear them very often in the uk, but the difference it made at universal was brilliant, no swapping glasses no trying to find a safe place on fast rides and I wore them all day 15 hours plus and had no issues with the heat or drying out.
Connies Mummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 19, 08:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Alices Aunt
Imagineer

Mobile

I wore dailies this year. I’d would forget to take them out and have them in too long which is the only time they got annoying but so much easier than glasses.

Your son is 13 so I’d be led by him. He will know when he has had them in too long. Wetting drops will help.

I don’t wear mine for swimming to water parks as my optician has driven the fear of god into me but one of the guys we went with did.
Alices Aunt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 19, 08:22 AM  
Link to this Post
shona
Apprentice Imagineer

I wore mine in the heat a few weeks ago without any problems. I took them out for swimming and didn’t wear them for the water parks as there is a very serious eye condition you can get if they get wet even showering.
shona is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 19, 08:23 AM  
Link to this Post
malt1977
Apprentice Imagineer

I wear the day and night lenses, basically leave them in for a whole month, no issues whatsoever in Florida last year.

Personally I just can’t be had with changing lenses every day.
malt1977 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List