Notices

Old 2 Oct 19, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
princess-momo
Apprentice Imagineer

OH totally went crazy on the collecting 🤣🤣 we thought 2017s haul of 4kg was bad! Luckily we had loads of extra weight on the way out

AKL is super nice. Wouldn't hesitate to stay again. We'd like to stay at Wilderness lodge too. I think it has a similar feel to AKL, and we love whispering canyon café

Edited at 01:46 AM.
princess-momo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 19, 02:02 AM  
Link to this Post
princess-momo
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile Day 10 - recharge after MNSSHP

So, today was just a nice chill day today. After hauling all that candy about it takes a toll on your shoulders 🤣 we had breakfast at Boma at 10.30 so meant we could get a lay-in (I can't, 9 is the latest I can sleep 'til)

Boma has an amazing spread. I know I said this before but it is all so nice and fresh! Our server this time was a bit ditsy and dare I say it a little useless. None the less we left her an 18% tip. Jungle juice. Wish I could take a load of that stuff home nom nom!

After letting our breakfast settle and lamping on the suncream for the kids we all headed down to the pool. Those pesky love bugs were everywhere! You should see our balcony; it's like a love bug graveyard. I'm guessing they don't have a great life span...

While in the pool we decided that we'd jump on the bus to Hollywood studios and get the skyliner to Epcot and grab some food somewhere. We waited for what seemed like ages (probably just 10 minutes but you know, hah ) so decided to flip our plans and go to Epcot, get food and a wonder then jump on the skyliner. This plan worked just fine. Stopped in at the German bakery and got a butter caramel bar. Oh man this was glorious. I have a sickeningly sweet tooth and I could feel my teeth just fizzing away. You have to go if you have a sweet tooth!

The skyliner was fun. It actually picks up a good wee bit of speed! Would have been better had we been on it during the day to see more, but I think it being cooler at night was the right choice. Off back to the resort now to watch a film and maybe grab a bite to eat. We only have 3 full days left *sobs* so better get a snacking 🤣🤣

----x----

12,000 steps
princess-momo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 19, 02:53 AM  
Link to this Post
princess-momo
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile Day 11 - saying farewell to the Magic kingdom

Last day at Magic Kingdom today 😭 we headed up to Gaston's tavern and grabbed a cinnamon roll and a La fou's brew. This was a strange taste, good! But strange. The cinnamon loaves were huge! Wish I took a pic but I was too busy stuffing my face with the maple icing and cinnamon goodness 🤣

After getting some breakfast we were ready to see MK for the last time... First fastpass of the day was big thunder mountain but it went down so our fastpass was replaced. We went on the carousel first, followed Peter Pan as it was just a 30 minute wait. This ride I find is always a bit too dark but it's a classic none the less. We decided to use our fastpass for splash mountain again but we had a haunted mansion fastpass to use up first. Love this ride. I don't know what it is about it. We went in to the gift store afterwards and they had super cute artwork of the ride by Katy Cook. Super cute art style!

I was getting kinda peckish so we popped in to Columbia Harbor House to get some food 🙂 we had Jungle cruise coming up so had a little time to spare. The CHH was really quiet upstairs, no problems getting a seat. Filled a hole anyways 🤣

Jungle cruise was funny. The ride itself is a bit meh but the banter is the best bit. The cheesy jokes and the general chat makes up for the lack of excitement. That totally depends on the tour guide too of course.

Heading up to splash mountain we got stopped by the parade... Now it would be rude not to watch 😆 we were lucky we caught the very start and had a really good view.

Got SOAKED on splash mountain. Laughing at the girls behind us because they were scared to death. I had to keep turning around and giving them pre-warning of drops, hahah. They liked it in the end though. You forget how big that drop is!

Wee man kept saying he wanted to go on space mountain so we headed over to tomorrow land and managed to grab a fastpass.

Now, our dinner reservations weren't until 7pm but it was 4pm and we were pretty much ready to say goodbye to magic Kingdom. Instead of hanging around MK we moved our reservations to 5.30pm and jumped on the boat from MK to the wilderness lodge.

Whispering canyon cafe; we love this place. In terms of price they're cheap, the atmosphere is fab and the servers are so funny. I don't want to spoil it for you all but just ask for some ketchup 🤣

It was OHs birthday today so they had him stand up and the whole place sang to him. He got a birthday cupcake and also a little message written on his birthday badge 😁

This is what was left of his all you can eat skillet 'the pig'

We're back at the hotel now... After staying in AKL and then visiting wilderness lodge I think I prefer AKL... Will definitely be here again. OH agrees too.

We checked concierge for our tragic express departure time and asked them to move it back a little with the whole Thomas cool fiasco the Airport is going to be HOACHING! We have our flight info and have no idea who were flying with 😳 as long as we get home I'm not really caring though. And we're flying in to Manchester so no buses needed for us, yes!

Animal kingdom for the last time tomorrow... Man I could easily stay here a other 2 weeks but in the same breath I look forward to getting back to not eating lbs of sugar a day 🤣

----x----

12,463 steps
Old 5 Oct 19, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
princess-momo
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile Day 12 - AK farewell

So, up and out the door for 10am to AK (bus is literally 4 minutes) I had booked fastpasses for flight of passage again today and I'm super pleased by past self done this, haha. This has to be my all time fav. I mean, it's just magical. The screen is so huge that you can't help but be fully immersed in the experience. They pump in smells, they have water most. It's just perfect. I nearly cried when I came off it last week 🤣

Got ourselves a night Blossom from pongu pongu. This tasted ok. Didn't like the boba balls though and it was super syrupy sweet. I'd did come with a glowing ice cube thing though which was cool.

We were kinda hungry as we hadn't gotten breakfast so, as our next plan was to trek up the gorilla falls; we headed to the kusifari (sp?) Bakery for one of those colossal cinnamon rolls. Got there and the woman said they were out 😭 we settled for some elephant ears instead. We ended up getting a free half an elephant ear because one side was missing on our original hah. These were yum. Chocolate was like a bitter dark but I think it was milk 🤔 anyways! We headed up gorilla falls.

There is lots to see on this trail; zebra, gorillas, the bird sanctuary, a load of naked mole rats?haha, giant hippo etc... It's mostly shaded too so on a day like today it seems a really good call.

We had Up a great bird adventure to go to at 1pm but we were throwing in the towel. It was super hot so we decided we'd go back to the hotel to the pool and come back around 6pm as we had yak and yeti reservations at 7pm.

We headed along to the expedition Everest gift shop because I really wanted me one of those cute yeti's heh. The cast member at the register had an otter pin! We hadn't remembered our pins but she said she was working until 9pm so we told her we'd be back and please keep the otty safe!

Back to the pool. Oh man this was much needed. Just floated in the pool for around an hour cooling off and dare I say it, it felt cold when we got out haha. Only down side to pool time is having to wash your hair after because it goes like straw. Yuk! Oh, that and the prune fingers haha

So, after cooling off and cleaning ourselves up we headed to AK again and with pins in hand we were off to get otty! (Otty is what P calls her otter, so every otter we see it gets called otty now)
We traded a few pins on our way up and got some cute dale pins. Chip and dale are our fav 😁

We got to the gift shop but the cast member was on break. That's fine we thought. We'll wonder down to dinoland and the kids can play in the park area to kill time. It's just a few minutes walk from where we needed to come back to so it was fine.

In dinoland the super cute Dino chip and dale were doing a meet and greet! We all decided we had to go line up. While in the line chip and dale did have to nip off and gather some acorns but they were back pretty quick.

When it was our turn the kids hugged them both and were super excited. I walked up and dale noticed I had lots of pins of him but none of chip... Chip got upset and started crying. Then dale pointed out my hair matched his Dino costume, so he proceeded to tell me he loved me and kept hugging and kissing me 🤣 I love the interaction between these 2. If you give a little banter they give loads back!

So after that eventful meet and greet we went to see if the specific cast member was back from break... She was! P was so excited. She was going to have an otty pin! We went to the cast member and turns out she'd traded it to someone else. The look of disappointment on Ps face almost killed me ☹️ poor kid really wanted that otty pin. I'd buy her it but they don't seem to have the set any more...

Wondered to yak and yeti with a pretty upset P (wee man just wanted food) so we got in and sat at our table and it took just shy of an hour to get our food. Now, last time we were here we loved it. Had a nice seat upstairs, food was really good and was quick to the table. This year it seemed like the opposite. OH wasn't complaining though because he got a full lobster which was included on the DDP.

Not much else to say. Last day at Epcot tomorrow and we'll get to see Epcot forever which I'm looking forward to. I hope we find an otter pin for P...

Oh, and we have loads of snacks left so we need to do a trip to the springs to use the rest up hah.

Can't believe it's almost over...

----x----

19562 steps
Old 5 Oct 19, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post
princess-momo
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Our tragic express notice has been served 😭 it's official now; we leave tomorrow ...

Old 6 Oct 19, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Chloeoeysmum
slightly serious Dibber

Chloeoeysmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
It’s horrible to come back from the parks to find a notice of eviction
Such a shame about the ‘otty’ Pin, hope you managed to find one. We had a really good experience at Yak and Yeti a few weeks ago, I suppose it all comes down to the server.
Have a good last day.
Old 7 Oct 19, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
princess-momo
Apprentice Imagineer

we didn't find the otty pin in the end

we're home now so i've missed blogging our last full day but i will get around to that once we've gotten some sleep.

Travel day was a bit chaotic but at least we are home now and our doggo was super happy to see us
Old 16 Oct 19, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
princess-momo
Apprentice Imagineer

so, i've still not gotten around to typing our final days at disney ... it's so sad

i had to phone up Disney today to query about our $100 hold that was put on our room ; it still hasn't cleared. I'm sitting on hold and they start playing the music they play on the AK lodge buses :'( waaa! i want to go back!

we've said that 2023 is the next year we'll aim for but i don't know if i can hold out that long! 2023 sounds like AGES away!

wonder if santa would like to surprise me with a trip in 2021 instead

nah, in all honesty we do want to wait until there are some new things to venture to. We're also thinking of doing a kinda split stay perhaps? like a 10 days onsite 4 days offsite at Universal... We have also talked about getting a Villa and splitting with friends and their kids... i don't know. I think we've been spoilt with staying onsite that i can't imagine doing Florida any other way now