Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 9 Jun 20, 08:12 AM  
Link to this Post
LDISNEYFOX
Imagineer

Mobile

So what about people who were a few days from flying in March! What happens to them who need to rebook for next March, will there be no deals for them I wonder? I really just want to hear like everyone else what is happening!

2012 WDW Mom's Panel Search Finalist
Sheraton Safari Jan 05 & Feb 08
Disney Port Orleans Nov 06, Jan 10, May 11, June 12, Oct 13, July 15, Aug 15, Nov 15, Feb 16, Aug 16 and Dec 17
LDISNEYFOX is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 20, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Princesses 3
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

So I rang this morning as I received my payment due email yesterday. We would still like to go if possible as we can’t rearrange to next year. I was told there was no extension to payment of balance date (22nd June) and currently I can cancel with a refund of deposit but once the email comes out to advise of changes/offer it will revert to their normal t&c so will lose deposit if I cancel as I don’t like the “offer/experience”. This wasn’t what I was expecting!
Princesses 3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 20, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
WeHeartOrlando
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Princesses 3 View Post
So I rang this morning as I received my payment due email yesterday. We would still like to go if possible as we can’t rearrange to next year. I was told there was no extension to payment of balance date (22nd June) and currently I can cancel with a refund of deposit but once the email comes out to advise of changes/offer it will revert to their normal t&c so will lose deposit if I cancel as I don’t like the “offer/experience”. This wasn’t what I was expecting!
Have replied on the other thread but this just getting silly now. Complete opposite to what other people are being offered, in terms of extending balance due date.

And as for reverting back to original t&cs (loss of deposit) surely “The Offer” is the time that most of us will decide whether to keep, move, or cancel.
Cabana Bay: Sep 2019 Oct 2023
DLP: Oct 05 Sep 13 Feb 14 July 19
WeHeartOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 20, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
nth09
Apprentice Imagineer

nth09's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by WeHeartOrlando View Post
Have replied on the other thread but this just getting silly now. Complete opposite to what other people are being offered, in terms of extending balance due date.

And as for reverting back to original t&cs (loss of deposit) surely “The Offer” is the time that most of us will decide whether to keep, move, or cancel.
Almost like they are trying to encourage people to cancel now!
nth09 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 20, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Hotlush
Very Serious Dibber

Having seen all the above I bit the bullet and have just got off the phone to Disney to cancel our booking (payment due 21st).

All refunded, bar a £50 amendment fee we had to change from pirate room to standard.
Even got MNSSHP tickets refunded.

Will see if I can get the £50 back through the insurance but if that is all I'm out of pocket will be pleased.

Just need to wait for HolidayExtras to make a decision on August non-refundable bookings to see if I need to claim that on insurance or can get a voucher, and for Lufthansa to pull their fingers out and give me my money (pre-emptive s75 dispute started there).
Hotlush is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 20, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
emnick
Getting to know the DIBB

Mobile

We are due to fly 22nd of August so balance due 22nd of June - do we know if deposits are being refunded?
emnick is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 20, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by emnick View Post
We are due to fly 22nd of August so balance due 22nd of June - do we know if deposits are being refunded?
Who have you booked with?
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 20, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Tretinker
Very Serious Dibber

On the bright side it wasn't 15 working days however the response is about as useful as a chocolate fire guard...

Thank you for contacting Walt Disney Travel Company International.

We know that you may have questions regarding recent park and product announcements at Walt Disney World® and how it may impact your holiday later this year. Information and safety announcements regarding COVID-19 potential impacts are being updated frequently. On 29 May, we emailed all Guests advising the following;

“Following the recent announcements about the reopening of the Walt Disney World Resort we are sure that you may have questions about how this affects your booking. We are writing to assure you that we are working diligently to be able to provide answers to all of your questions as quickly as possible. As soon as we have more information about how these changes affect your booking we will be in contact to advise you of the options that are available. We kindly request that you wait for us to email with more information and to not call us, as we will unlikely be able to answer your questions at this time.”

As of today, we do not have any updates at this time to address your current questions and kindly ask that you wait for your next email that will provide you with additional information. Your patience and understanding is greatly appreciated while we work to welcome you back to the Walt Disney World Resort
1st Trip - Sept/Oct 1997 *2nd Trip - Nov/Dec 2000, *3rd Trip - Oct/Nov 2005 *4th Trip - Mar/Apr 2016 5th Trip - Easter 2017 the year of the chicken pox *6th Trip - Aug 2019 a first time for summer *7th Trip - Aug 2020 And then there were 4 *1st DLP Trip December 2020
Tretinker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 20, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
emnick
Getting to know the DIBB

Mobile

Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
Who have you booked with?
Disney World Uk
emnick is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 20, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Hotlush
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by emnick View Post
If you definitely want to cancel safest thing is to do it now, they're currently refunding deposits as well.
That may change in the next few weeks.
Hotlush is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List