Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 18 Jul 20, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Mobile

Another who took our daughter at 18 months. She absolutely loved it. We also took her at 2 which was fine. At age 2-3 I wouldn't have taken her as she was a lot more challenging with demands and I genuinely believe it would have been a much more stressful trip. She would have been way too impatient to queue anywhere and she refused to stay in her pushchair for more than 20 minutes. We are hoping to visit again before she is 4.
abiknox is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 20, 08:02 AM  
Link to this Post
lilo82
Imagineer

Mobile

I think for me OP is the coronavirus and obviously additional family members, would they all book on separate reservations? Or did you want them on yours? What would you do if something happens and one can't go? Due to a job loss. Personally I would wait until 2022. The coronavirus isn't going to disappear, but as some have said we may have a solution by then and it may seem like a bad dream. Also please make sure you have insurance to cover you.
lilo82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 20, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
GoldenAvalanche
Imagineer

Mobile

2022 is a no brainier for me with your son’s age plus Covid uncertainty next year.
GoldenAvalanche is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 20, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Loads of people take babies and love it. I have to say that was never for me and we had a Disney hiatus when we had kids and waited until they were 5 and 8. I do t think I’d take a less than 4 year old it would be too much effort for me with the naps and meltdowns and them been too short for so many things. That’s just me though. I’d wait Until at least 2022 though if I was you.
Old 19 Jul 20, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Mobile

For me it would depend on how often you plan to go. If it’s it every 1/2/3 years then I’d go for 2021. If longer then I’d wait until 2022.
Softy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 20, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Shaz313
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by sheluk View Post
If you take your son before he is 3 then you won’t have to pay for his park ticket, but will have to pay for his air fare after 2, if that makes any difference at all.
This is true, I might book for 3 weeks then so dont have to rush anything and can have a good slow pace lol.
Shaz313 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 20, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Shaz313
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by lilo82 View Post
I think for me OP is the coronavirus and obviously additional family members, would they all book on separate reservations? Or did you want them on yours? What would you do if something happens and one can't go? Due to a job loss. Personally I would wait until 2022. The coronavirus isn't going to disappear, but as some have said we may have a solution by then and it may seem like a bad dream. Also please make sure you have insurance to cover you.

Yh agree with what you have said. Probably go 2022.
Shaz313 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 20, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Shaz313
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by Softy View Post
For me it would depend on how often you plan to go. If it’s it every 1/2/3 years then I’d go for 2021. If longer then I’d wait until 2022.
Probably be longer. Lol I want to go just me and my partner but that’s mean can’t leave my kids even for a week I would feel guilty. I would do it but probably regret it.
Old 19 Jul 20, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
GoldenAvalanche
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Shaz313 View Post
Probably be longer. Lol I want to go just me and my partner but that’s mean can’t leave my kids even for a week I would feel guilty. I would do it but probably regret it.
My DH and I have been on 3 holidays without the kids, but yeah we’ve always said we couldn’t do Florida without them, it does just feel a bit mean, even if really young. So we’ve held out. Maybe do an adult holiday with your partner like Las Vegas, no guilt leaving them and then take them to Florida when a bit older, win win
GoldenAvalanche is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List