Notices

Old 10 Sep 20, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
zoebums
Apprentice Imagineer

kids isolating already

My brother in law works in care. they have weekly tests and he is the only positive test last week. Had repeat test done and is negative. My kids are off school for 2 weeks now (been back 2 days) and even though negative test (so public health said more than likely a false positive) they still cannot go to school x
zoebums is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 20, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

Have they spent more than 15 minutes in close contact with him ?
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 20, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
VIP Dibber

The curse of the false-positive strikes again.

Assuming a specificity of 99.5% (which is not particularly generous) and a general prevalance of 0.05% (as per ONS), then the chances of a single positive result meaning you have an infection is approx 7.4%. If you then have a subsequent negative test, the chances of you having an actual infection is 1.6%. Of course if you are in a current hotspot area the odds would increase as the prevalance would be higher.

We are destroying our society for this.
Old 10 Sep 20, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
JessBlu
Imagineer

Why are your kids off school?

If it’s your brother in law ?

If they have had contact (less than 1 meter for more than 15 minutes) then they can have a test.
JessBlu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 20, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
GrumpyDopey&Me
VIP Dibber

GrumpyDopey&Me's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

My LO has been sent home. We was only lucky enough to get a test as I work in the NHS. I think the schools should have been supplied x amount of tests and when they send home a child they come with the test. I understand the need to send the children home just wish it was easier to get the test
GrumpyDopey&Me is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 20, 05:12 PM  
Link to this Post
silverfox46
Imagineer

Originally Posted by GrumpyDopey&Me View Post
My LO has been sent home. We was only lucky enough to get a test as I work in the NHS. I think the schools should have been supplied x amount of tests and when they send home a child they come with the test. I understand the need to send the children home just wish it was easier to get the test
Totally agree, we’ve had the nightmare this week trying to source a slot. Nothing within 20-30 miles away. School insists on test as grandson full of cold with a cough ( he suffers with croup). Now the test done , after we just rolled up to a local site to find plenty of staff with no cars waiting 🤬🤬. School now saying if negative result still cannot attend for 10 days . Why bother.
silverfox46 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 20, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post
DiszeeBelle
Imagineer

If negative you can return. Staff have at my place and that came from public health england, emailed her with result and said can return.
DiszeeBelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 20, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
princess-momo
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by silverfox46 View Post
Totally agree, we’ve had the nightmare this week trying to source a slot. Nothing within 20-30 miles away. School insists on test as grandson full of cold with a cough ( he suffers with croup). Now the test done , after we just rolled up to a local site to find plenty of staff with no cars waiting 🤬🤬. School now saying if negative result still cannot attend for 10 days . Why bother.
oh man, 10 days even if they're not positive?

our school specifically put out an email telling people that they understand bugs will be going mad (which is true, i was bed ridden and ended up having to be tested myself!) we've just been told to be vigilant and take kids out only when necessary

.♥.♥.♥.♥.x.♥.♥.♥.♥.
[ Pre-trip Report '19 | AKL ' 19| SSR '17 ]
princess-momo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 20, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Stardust5
Imagineer

Stardust5's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
Had to collect DS at lunchtime as school called to say he had a cough. Younger DS and myself both have colds so think he probably has a touch of our cold. Tried to book a test but comes up no test centre available? How am I supposed to get a test done? He is Year 11 so really doesn’t need to miss more school.
Stardust5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 20, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post
MissB87
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Stardust5 View Post
Had to collect DS at lunchtime as school called to say he had a cough. Younger DS and myself both have colds so think he probably has a touch of our cold. Tried to book a test but comes up no test centre available? How am I supposed to get a test done? He is Year 11 so really doesn’t need to miss more school.
One my friends has same issue her 6yr had a cough this morning, she has tried everywhere within a 3hr radius and cannot get a test for him, so more school missed cannot go back till 21st.

Lady she spoke to on 119 line said she'd been unable to book a test for anyone in the last 2 days they are just full with teachers and students.

Such a nightmare as like another poster has said will be a lot of run of the mill colds going round now children back in school (as the start of any autumn term!)
MissB87 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List