Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 31 Jul 20, 11:31 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Originally Posted by Palm trees View Post
Another lovely day. I've probably said before on previous comments but you really do have such an evocative writing style, and when I was reading about the smells it really took me there!
Thank you- I love replies like this as I never know if any of my words make sense or get the full experience of the day across - can't tell you how much I appreciate your words To bring the smells of MK alive is something I could only hope for, means a lot that you were taken there
Thank you so much

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 20, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by rach19 View Post
Another great day, thank you for sharing. It’s really bittersweet not knowing when you will be back. We had planned for this year after a 5 year break but sadly not to be. We are now planning for 2022 and really hoping that DS (who will then be 24) and DD (who will then be 18) will want to come with us.
That must be so tough after waiting 5 years
Even in your children don't fancy 2022, I am sure you will still have a great holiday there without them
Glad you enjoyed reading and fingers crossed you can start planning 2022 soon

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 20, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Kidd McFluff View Post
Lovely... just flippin lovely! Perfect way to spend your last day at WDW. I know that heavy legged feeling when the turnstile clicks and you leave MK for the last time. We know we will be back in 21 or 22 but the uncertainty of the last 6 months and into the future leaves us without a solid plan and a profoundly Disney shaped gap in our lives.
I'm interested to hear why you have no further Disney plans, but let me tell you something my Alarm loving friend... For me, just like the best Alarm songs, the experiences and memories I have made with my family at this wonderful place will walk forever by my side. They nourish me when times are hard and I know that having invested in 4 trips so far, we have a few more in us before we are ready to stop making memories in Florida. Thanks again for a lovely trip report, a great read and a beautiful window for me to peer through and re-live my own Disney adventures.

Thanks - The Kidd

What a fantastic post

Thank you - those words of yours above sum up why we do all of this stuff - the waking forever moment is still to come , but your description of the nourishment when times are hard really really strikes a note

As for no future Disney plans - I'm going to keep you hanging

As I posted in reply to BaconandAvocado

"As for final visit - it was always intended that we were going to have time off in 2020. After that Josh turns 18 and I did not feel it fair to keep writing holiday stuff once he heads to where ever he goes in the future.

There is a huge other reason, that will be explained properly at the very end of the Trip report. It is worth sticking with us to find out as it is No spoilers until then though "

Hope you will keep reading and spotting The Alarm references too

Thanks for such a lovely reply, really appreciated

Old 6 Aug 20, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
What a last day at MK! I remember that storm well, we had moved over to universal and planned on doing the wet rides at IOA before pool time, but we got rained off. I'm so glad you didn't let the weather spoil your plans though. The shot of you on BTMR mimics some I've got from last summer, which I adore, I hope you don't mind me sharing them

Looking back at Mum, Dave, Kate and Dad.

And a selfie of me and Max

You know one of the reasons I love reading trip reports so much is because it allows me to reminisce and relive happy memories. These photos were taken on our last MK day last summer too.

I enjoyed HEA far more this year than previously as well, it has certainly grown on me and I'm glad you're getting along a bit better with it.

The shots of the busy Main St mass exodus are fab. I bet there was a massive Spaceship Earth sized golf ball in your throat. The photopass at the station was fantastic what a great exit photo.

Ahh! what a day, I hope the memories last a long time for you all.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 20, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Shkyler
Apprentice Imagineer

Great report, I have goosebumps reading it.
Really hoping we get to experience what you have just written about.
Positive vibes all round.
Shkyler is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 20, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Magicsky
Trying for More Ears

So lovely to read this. The pictures are beautiful. It brought a tear to my eye. Thank you so much for sharing this.👏🌈

Edited at 12:49 PM. Reason: Spelling
Magicsky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 20, 11:41 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
What a last day at MK! I remember that storm well, we had moved over to universal and planned on doing the wet rides at IOA before pool time, but we got rained off. I'm so glad you didn't let the weather spoil your plans though. The shot of you on BTMR mimics some I've got from last summer, which I adore, I hope you don't mind me sharing them

Looking back at Mum, Dave, Kate and Dad.

And a selfie of me and Max

You know one of the reasons I love reading trip reports so much is because it allows me to reminisce and relive happy memories. These photos were taken on our last MK day last summer too.

I enjoyed HEA far more this year than previously as well, it has certainly grown on me and I'm glad you're getting along a bit better with it.

The shots of the busy Main St mass exodus are fab. I bet there was a massive Spaceship Earth sized golf ball in your throat. The photopass at the station was fantastic what a great exit photo.

Ahh! what a day, I hope the memories last a long time for you all.

You never forget days like these

Your photos are so telling too, final MK trip and just trying to capture that look on every face in the family

it really is such a special moment and would never mind you sharing

As for leaving MK - I don't think it could have been stage managed any better which is what we would have said to each other had we been able to get the words out.

Special days made even more so amidst the times we find ourselves. x

Old 20 Aug 20, 11:45 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Shkyler View Post
Great report, I have goosebumps reading it.
Really hoping we get to experience what you have just written about.
Positive vibes all round.
Aw thank you

Appreciate your words and be assured that once this pandemic stuff is over Disney will be as it always has been.
Lets all keep that positivity going as it is so needed by so many.

Your day will come - "Just Believe" as Wishes used to say!

Old 20 Aug 20, 11:47 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Magicsky View Post
So lovely to read this. The pictures are beautiful. It brought a tear to my eye. Thank you so much for sharing this.👏🌈
Thank you so much - never mean to bring any tears but it is such a huge goodbye.
Appreciate your words so much and glad you enjoyed the photos too

Old 11 Sep 20, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
MOUSEMARSH
VIP Dibber

Sorry to be a little late to the party but only just reading.

I believe it is an Absolute Reality that you will be back someday and when the storm breaks there will be nowhere to hide. Great Read.

If I added it all up I probably could have bought a 4 Bed Detached House
MOUSEMARSH is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List