Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 30 Apr 18, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Grand Californian dvc rental - a few questions

We’ve rented points for our 3 night stay in August.

I’m just putting together a more detailed plan of timings as we’re moving round quite a bit this trip.

I’ve found conflicting info online regarding check in time, not sure if it’s because of the dvc aspect, but some places say 3pm and some say 4pm. Can anybody confirm?

We’re planning on arriving early and leaving our luggage whilst we explore downtown disney and the pools at the hotel. We have two days tickets so won’t be in the parks on check in and out days.

Is there a better time to go to downtown?

How are the pools? I assume they’re worth a visit as we’ll have that first day park free.

On the last day we’ll probably look to be on our way by 12pm, I was thinking a character breakfast would be a good ending, what would you suggest to make the most of the last morning without park tickets.

Sooo many questions and I’m sure I’ll have more in the run up to our first west coast trip.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 18, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Buggles94
VIP Dibber

Buggles94's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
An amazing hotel! We were there last Summer and loved the proximity to Downtown Disney and the parks. Theming was wonderful too...Pool is great but was very busy in August. We tried getting a space around it in the afternoon and struggled... Would be lovely to spend a few hours there if you have time. We also did the Character Breakfast in the hotel which was delicious.. Characters included Brother Bear, Pluto and Chip n Dale Have a wonderful time!
Buggles94 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 18, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Buggles94 View Post
An amazing hotel! We were there last Summer and loved the proximity to Downtown Disney and the parks. Theming was wonderful too...Pool is great but was very busy in August. We tried getting a space around it in the afternoon and struggled... Would be lovely to spend a few hours there if you have time. We also did the Character Breakfast in the hotel which was delicious.. Characters included Brother Bear, Pluto and Chip n Dale Have a wonderful time!
Thanks

I think maybe we’ll try to arrive early and spend some time by the pool before heading to downtown for the evening then.

I’ll look into booking that breakfast, I think it’ll end our stay on a high.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 18, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
cupcakefairy
Imagineer

Mobile

Can I ask where you rented points from and how much I would love to do this for next year x

cupcakefairy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 18, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by cupcakefairy View Post
Can I ask where you rented points from and how much I would love to do this for next year x
We used David’s dvc rental.

We’re there three night and it cost us $1326. Really pleased with that cost.
Old 30 Apr 18, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
fudgie
Imagineer

DVC check-in time is always 4pm. Obviously you can go and check in earlier than that, but you may have to wait until 4:00 before your room is ready. You will be able to leave your bags with bell services
fudgie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 18, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Wishing
slightly serious Dibber

I think check in is officially 4pm. If a room is available though they would let you check in early other wise storing your bags is no problem. We did the storyteller breakfast on our last morning couple of years ago to cheer ourselves all up. Really enjoyed it but I believe they are changing the characters around sometime soon. This is the info on Disney Parks Blog disneyparks.disney.go/bl...eyland-resort/
DCL: '14 Disney Magic.
Disney Wishing is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List