Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 27 Jul 14, 01:45 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Bel13ve- Day Twenty Eight and Nine - A long Walk home!

Previously on Bel13ve ( or ...and Bruce came too) Day 27

If reading for the first time and want to read more please read from the very start -Index here

DAY 28/29 -Friday August 23rd/ 24th 2013.

Well here it is

The end!

I've no photos - I had no inclination to take any photos and I had not one inclination to write any notes about these two days
We were going home

We packed the car, we listened to E street radio for one last time.
We checked in at Orlando and we flew to Washington to catch our transatlantic flight.
Once more Bruce came with us

Having been with us through the fab satellite radio for the duration of the trip - Bruce Met us at the airport well not really

Airport music to me has never been anything until a moment in Washington - a disorganised hub for United Airlines- but from nowhere we heard - Long Walk Home .
Ironic I know but given everything we had listened to in the car it was the most fitting of a departure.

We arrived in London early which resulted in a long wait for the train home - had promised Joanna 23 I would give my verdict on this at the very end Just to make sure she reads the whole thing!

I have driven so many times so the idea of sitting in a station and passing 4 hours for a train seems a complete waste of time
However I am not driving and from past experiences that is a good thing.
So much so I would go by train again as long as the price is favourable and the train times sensible.
We built in a lot of 'just in case' time and would probably do so again, there were a few opportunities for food at Kings Cross which allowed us to simply wait for the longest I have done so all month!

The Bruce thing - I thank anyone who has posted for their comments, he really did not mean to come with us and the radio station we enjoyed resulted in the Ipod remaining unneeded in the car - we heard so much music we would never have experienced at home.
I do have one last treat on that front - see below.

For anyone who has read the whole thing this far - I thank you
For anyone who has posted I thank you even more - there were times I thought I would not complete - I have = thank you xx

For anyone who has posted on every thread you can have the soundtrack

..and for anyone who is still interested we are about to do it all again

The next one is here- Meet me in the Land of Hope and Dreams

For anyone who has read this whole report - we came across this video soon after our return home.
It is what we all do - as parents, kids, and dibbers.

A fitting end to a whole trip report that Bruce came with us too

Dream Baby Dream- the final Bruce song of the day in video

Hope you watch

Thanks for reading and watching xx

THE END!

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.

Edited at 10:57 PM. Reason: new trip report link added
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 14, 05:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Tubbsy
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Wow! I have followed your trip from start to finish and have thoroughly enjoyed it. And yes, I did well up when you walked down Main Street for the last time.
Thank you for sharing your AMAZING holiday! How will you ever top it?
Tubbsy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 14, 07:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Loulabelle18
slightly serious Dibber

Thanks so much for taking the time to do this-Ive loved it all but was v jealous when I clicked on your pre trip link and saw you have 1 day to go! have a great time x
Loulabelle18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 14, 08:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Carol J
VIP Dibber

Your trip report has been fantastic what a great family you are thanks so much for sharing

Hotel 1992
Private Villa 1993, 1996, 2000, 2004, 2007
2009 Port Orleans French Quarter - 30th Wedding Anniversary break just the two of us!
2011 - 2 weeks Terrace Ridge Condo
2013 - 2 weeks Palm Key Village
2014 - 14 nights Palm Key Village, 2 Nights Melia Suite Hotel Celebration
2016 Villa 6 nights Royal Pacific Resort 4 nights
August 2018 17 nights Dibb Villa and 3 nights Royal Pacific Resort
2019 Villa 2 weeks just the two of us!
Carol J is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 14, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
P&S
Imagineer

I have really enjoyed reading your trippie, thank you for taking the time to write it
Old 28 Jul 14, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Reetser
Imagineer

Reetser's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 9
Thank you John, Alison, Josh and Joe for sharing such special memories for us all to enjoy a live a long with you and thank you for sticking with the trip writing to the very end.

All of the hardwork in preparing for such trips and the sacrifices made a long the way can be cherished for so long when they are laid out like this.

Whether it's looking through photos, watching videos or re reading through your trip reports the memories are there to cherish!

What a fantastic choice of Bruce song to sign of with too!

I know you will enjoy your current trip as much as every other and I can't wait to read all about it?
Reetser is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 14, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post
anniebee65
Imagineer

New comer at the very end of this report. What a treat to go back and read it all! 27/28 days too. Lovely
anniebee65 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 14, 06:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Niki T
VIP Dibber

Great report, not sure how impressed DH was when I sang extracts of Bruce songs to him as we got to the end of each day Looking forward to the next report x
Niki T is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 14, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
summersun
Imagineer

summersun's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
great trip report thanks for sharing
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...=gonna+get+wed
our dreams can come true pre trip report nov 14 cbbr nov 14
summersun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 14, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
squishy
Imagineer

squishy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I've really enjoyed your trippie, not always having time to comment as I grab a day when I can, but have had fun with you - 4 weeks, you lucky devils

Look forward to the next one!
DLP DCR - 2009
squishy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List