Irishrover
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 19
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Talking TRAMPS LIKE US apr12- Day 16- We're coming Home Newcastle

Day 16- We're Coming Home Newcastle

PREVIOUS DAYS SHOULD BE HERE

Today was home time. Temper tantrums-Sinking feeling -morbid moods -do we have to? strops- and that was just Paul.

Needless to say no notes were made today. I don't think we found much to laugh at today so you may think you are reading the wrong trippy, I apologise for the lack of mirth. It was thin on the ground all around.

Checked out and off to downtown disney which is a bit of a tradition for us, usually its to drop off our luggage but as we were flying Thomas Cook the luggage stayed in our car.

Had brunch in Captain Jacks, a first for us, which we thoroughly enjoyed

Bought lostve last minute bits and bobs for Georgias school chums and got given a whole roll of mickey stickers, enough for the whole school by a lovely little old lady in the disney store.

Set off for Sandford in plenty of time and dropped off the hire car.
Checked in with all cases underweight, no hassle through security everything calm and depressing. sat in the pub where we had a few drinks

We managed to be last on the plane again, this was actually on purpose as I HATE queueing up to go home, so we waited for the whole line to disappear down the tunnel before we trooped up.
We didn't get our name called over the tannoy so we were unnerved that we were too soon.

Paul clinked his way on with way too much duty free, one of these days his ass is gonna be fried by customs, and I will be doing a little leprechaun dance saying - I told you so.

We were sat in PE which actually WASNT as nice as economy.
Our flight out had been the most comfortable EVER , PE was different. Dunno if the seats were squashier or smaller but the tables in the seat arms were an ABSOLUTE NIGHTMARE.
Getting them out was ok but trying to put them back once the people in front had reclined was impossible.

We'd had them out for the first couple of hours for the meal and to occupy georgia with cards, pictionary ect, then once we were into the flight we tried to setlle. Unfortunately the people in front had already "settled" and were asleep (or feigning sleep) but whatever my feeble "excuse me" s didn't get heard. So we were trapped.

Couldn't even get up to use the loo until the guy in front woke up to go.
A bit of a nightmare tbh.

Landed early, totally shattered as the only one who got any sleep was Paul and that was only a few hours.
I was panicking about him driving back, not only because of the tiredness but remembering fifi the sat nav, was a broken woman, and wouldn't be able to chat to him all the way home.

Luckily no staff at customs as my anxiety would've burst through the roof, and back through the Radisson to pick up the car.

Freezing cold and miserable we loaded up the car.

Paul , just for the craic plugged Fifi in. And guess what? She worked!
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

Apart from freezing fog on the M5 the drive wasn't too bad. I had a little snooze on and off for a couple of hours then before we knew it we were at home.

Still standing. No signs of parties, so there probably had been a few. Grass about 6 ft higher. Welcome home.

So that was it. our long awaited holiday was over. And now the long slogged out trip report is over too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I want to thank all the lovely people who read this and left comments, it kept me going when I really couldn't be bothered to finish it. It was great to read that some of you have the same type of humour as us and that yo got a giggle or two outve it.

I know it isn't everybodys idea of a trip report, but we had an absolute blast.

We had a fabulous holiday , one of the best.

The highlights were the beautiful weather we got, all the "firsts" we managed to get done, the bruce springsteen concert in Cleveland Ohio, Finding out wilderness lodge was perfect for us, Georgia being much more independent and outgoing- making new friends everywhere she went, and all the usual stuff we all love.

The only low was Magic kingdom, sadly we lost a bit of the magic , hopefully it will come back.

We are lucky enough to be returning in August to make last use of our annual passes, and have a few new things planned for that.

This time we want more of this

and less of this

and we might squeeze in one of these

No doubt we'll miss this again

and hopefully we can continue to avoid this

But Will definitely be coming back to here

Im not sure whether Ill be doing another trippy, and if I do i will endeavour to make it more "sensible" and useful. I promise.

Thanks again for reading !

FINAL VIDEO OF DAYS 15 & 16 coming soon

Edited at 08:28 PM.
Irishrover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 12, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
disney chic
Imagineer

Thank you for all the trip reports, I've loved reading them. I'm always sad to finish them

Please carry on with the reports and pls don't change the way you write them.

WDW
2000 Allstar movies, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004 Caribbean beach, 2006 Pop century, 2007 Pop century, 2008 Dolphin and Pop century disney wedding, 2010 Grand Floridian, Pop century Fort wilderness campground allstar music , 2011 Allstar movies, 2013 Art of animation 2014 christmas at All star music

Disneyland Paris march 2014
disney chic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 12, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
col1968
Apprentice Imagineer

I've loved reading your trip reports, sorry I haven't commented until now. They look like a darn load of hard work to do and I'm sure that everyone who reads them appreciates the time that has gone into it. Thanks for sharign your story with us all... might see you at the boss this Thursday!
col1968 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 12, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
kevbrydon
VIP Dibber

kevbrydon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Well Well Well... I logged in and it says "you last visited 27th march" ... and just in time to comment on your last installment Bren.....have read them all over the last few nites ( whilst watching the Footy ) and laughed and thought thats them to a tee... Paul your a Star mate and should have your own show..directed of course by Bren...thanks for the trippie and the photo's and vids...and which games will you miss?
Old 18 Jun 12, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks so much for taking the time to type these and upload photos, have enjoyed each one, I love your sense of humour! Please do another report when you come back in August... pleeeeeeaaassssee!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 12, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
kirstyayoung
Apprentice Imagineer

Just wanted to say thank you for a really enjoyable trip report. I have come on just to see if the next day had been put up. If you decided to do another trip report I for one would be very grateful and please don't change the way you write them, I've had a good giggle at them! Enjoy your next trip to the mouse, we will be out shortly after you x

Visited my happy place in 1989, 1991, 1992, 1999, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2012, and 2013

No more trips planned for the foreseeable but lots of happy disney memories to enjoy
kirstyayoung is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 12, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
jocat
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 67
I've really enjoyed your trippie and I'm apologising now for not commenting every day.

Please don't change the way you write and make any future trip reports more sensible - we like those with a sense of humour!
jocat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 12, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
irishgal
Excited about Disney

I absolutely love your trip reports - they are some of the best I have read. I literally laugh out loud! I don't think you should change them at all, sure who wants more sense?

Thanks for taking the time to do another one! Fingers crossed for the next one
irishgal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 12, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Alyson
VIP Dibber

Alyson's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I have LOVED LOVED LOVED your reports, I've even read some my husband, I think you two are quite similar to us in outlook and we related to a lot of your humour

What a lovely family you have and what a lot of fun you all have together.

Thanks for taking the time to write and post, I know it's a labour of love

Love Aly x
Alyson is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 12, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post

Really enjoyed yor report thank you until next time :-)
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List