Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Closed Thread

Old 21 Mar 16, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
ian180p
Earning My Ears

Hayfever ?s

Hi People,

Kind of the right section I think!

Both the wife and son suffer with Hayfever here in the UK.

My question is does anyone who suffers with Hayfever in the UK get the same symptoms in Orlando?

If you do get Hayfever whilst in Orlando do you pick up tablets whilst there or take them with you?

If you do pick them up whilst there are they any good and where do you pick them up from?

Thanks in advance
Ian
ian180p is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 16, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

I suffer terribly from hayfever here but have never had a problem at all with it in Orlando. I take my normal hayfever tablets out there with me but can honestly say I have never had to use them!

I do remember suffering a bit when I spent the summer out in the US working at a summer camp (I blame living in the middle of the woods) and I picked up some tablets at CVS which did the job!

Edited at 05:26 PM.
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 16, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post

Different plants and pollens here, mainly ragweed and pine.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 16, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post

Hi

I have severe hayfever both here in the UK and in Florida.

My hayfever symptoms are worse in Florida in March/April and October than June/July, so I guess it's just different types of pollen at different times of the year.

I take my tablets and nasal spray with me.

Hope this helps
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 16, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Bear-family
Imagineer

Mobile

I have really bad allergies and suffer with hayfever from March to October in the uk. I take prescription 130mg antihistamine but had never suffered whilst in Florida.
Bear-family is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 16, 06:10 PM  
Link to this Post
paulandalison
Imagineer

paulandalison's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Last year after going through customsDH eye was so swollen it was nearly shut, he got some drops from the airport, they didnt do much so he got some drops with antihistamine in them from chemist off I drive much better, I had to put them in twice a day for him, so this year hes already started on the antihistamine tablets last week, ive been taking mine as well but I have to use drops in my eyes, ill be taking them with us in May thats for sure.
paulandalison is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 16, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post
fl-veteran
Imagineer

Don't know how true it is but I was once told by a GP that the profile of pollens is different enough that people who suffer here don't always suffer there.
fl-veteran is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 16, 12:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Diznee
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by fl-veteran View Post
Don't know how true it is but I was once told by a GP that the profile of pollens is different enough that people who suffer here don't always suffer there.
That is true, it can also be localised within the same country. Personally I just take my medication from home but I've never had a problem.
Diznee is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 16, 08:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Manny Haines
Dibbing with Tink

I'd also recommend taking antihistamines bought or prescribed here.
I bought some over there 5 or 6 years ago and they were extortionate, and that was shopping about in CVS, Wallgreens, Publix and Walmart.
I've always taken them with me ever since.
Manny Haines is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 16, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
TartanTink
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I suffer really badly here, but it completely disappears in Florida so good to have relief for a few weeks. I take medication with me but don't need it.

Tartan Tink
TartanTink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread