Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Closed Thread

Old 14 Jun 16, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
pocahontas84
Helping Mickey

Mobile A few HHN questions

So, we are thinking of doing HHN this year. Have never been before so have a few questions...

1. Do they have real knives

2. What happens if you freak out in a house?

3. Are there any quite sections away from scare zones

4. Express pass needed for 1 night?

5.How many houses in 1 night without Express (will be in the park before to 'stay and scream')

6. Is there always someone in front of you in a house? Can you get lost?

7. Can u leave the park and re enter?

Alright, when I said a few maybe I meant a lot! Can tell I'm a little nervous about going so please help me out!
pocahontas84 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 16, 11:23 PM  
Link to this Post

1) I'm pretty sure they don't use real knives and everything used is props, like the chainsaws too (which are fantastic might I add )

2) There probably are 'chicken exits' in the houses but I'm not sure as I never needed to use them, and I'm a wuss and was a MAJOR TARGET not only in houses but scarezones big time, but it's great fun and more jump scares rather than genuinely scary to me

3) Pick up a map! They show you the scare zones and then routes to avoid them

4) We would've got express passes as we queued for 2 hours for one house, however I will say, getting early (or doing stay and scream) helps majorly as we went early and The Walking Dead house last year which usually has ridiculous queues was "45 minutes" and wasn't actually that (My grandparents even walked through this house! :O) They had good offers on express passes on the day, but it would make it a lot easier as queues can get ridiculous!

5) First night that we got there early we managed to do 2 or 3 houses, but we took it slow as we had multiple nights, so made use of the scarezones, which tbh were my favourite part!

6) Always someone in front of you It's like single-file style Although the strobe effects in one of the houses really disorientated me (I'm sensitive to them apparently) No you can't get lost, there's usually a direct route straight through houses.

7) We left the park and re-entered think we had the frequent fear tickets though

Hope this could help you! It's amazing when you get there! I was blown away by the atmosphere, acting and costumes!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 16, 11:32 PM  
Link to this Post
pocahontas84
Helping Mickey

Thank you you've defiantly put my mind at rest! I have been watching some videos of last year's HHN on YouTube and it threw me off a little.

The plan is to only do 1 night but sounds like there is too much to pack into one night. We already have our universal tickets, getting the add on when we are there so might end up doing 2 nights.

Would you recommend going through the week? Was thinking of doing Friday 30th sep or is this a bad idea?

Edited at 11:37 PM.
pocahontas84 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 16, 11:46 PM  
Link to this Post
nickbeaan
Imagineer

through the week will be quieter, it does get busy
nickbeaan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 16, 12:16 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by pocahontas84 View Post
4. Express pass needed for 1 night?
Yes. We went during an off-peak night in 2014 and the lines were horrific; we missed two houses (the most popular and the least popular) and only made the last Bill & Ted show.

If we did this again it would only be with an Express Pass.
Old 15 Jun 16, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by pocahontas84 View Post
Thank you you've defiantly put my mind at rest! I have been watching some videos of last year's HHN on YouTube and it threw me off a little.

The plan is to only do 1 night but sounds like there is too much to pack into one night. We already have our universal tickets, getting the add on when we are there so might end up doing 2 nights.

Would you recommend going through the week? Was thinking of doing Friday 30th sep or is this a bad idea?
2 nights would probably be better so it's not as much of a crazy rush to everything Forgot to mention, we unfortunately didn't watch any of the shows but wish we did cause they looked amazing!

Through the week tends to be quieter as the Floridians tend to go more on weekends we found, I'm pretty sure we went on one Friday though and it was just as busy as every other day. It is a super busy event but fast passes reeeeeeally help! I'm pretty sure when we were there the price of them was altering depending on the level of crowds, the quieter it was, the cheaper the express passes were. One of the days it was $33 for all houses, which I thought was very good considering how much they usually are
Old 15 Jun 16, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Robyn89
Imagineer

We're staying at RPR for one night at the end of September - is the park shut to people who are guests but don't have tickets for HHN? I'm guessing CityWalk is open as normal?

I think I'd consider doing it but I can sometimes be a real wuss when it comes to being jumped out on in a dark place!
Robyn89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 16, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
pocahontas84
Helping Mickey

Mobile

Wow $33 is a great deal! Might just wait till we get there for Express to see if we get a good deal, at the minute they look a bit pricy for us.

I was debating whether to buy a frequent fear pass from Orlando attraction tickets for £79 each or to just add 1 night on when we get there (betwern $60-80 each) and see if we like it. I think me and DF will like it but not sure how DM will take it! Will have to show her some of the YouTube videos and see what she thinks lol
Old 15 Jun 16, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
pocahontas84
Helping Mickey

Mobile

Originally Posted by Robyn89 View Post
We're staying at RPR for one night at the end of September - is the park shut to people who are guests but don't have tickets for HHN? I'm guessing CityWalk is open as normal?

I think I'd consider doing it but I can sometimes be a real wuss when it comes to being jumped out on in a dark place!
The park will be shut for everyone unless you have a HHN ticket as it is a separate event. You will be allowed in the park as normal through the day then the park (universal studios) will close at 5. Unless you have a 2 park hopper ticket then you can stay in diagon ally until 6 and have to get the hogwarts Express over to IOA. I think IOA is then open till about 7/8pm.

Citywalk is open as usual, you just won't be able to enter the universal studios park. There will be crouds around so the scares shouldn't be as bad. You'll just have to keep an eye out so you know whats heading your way lol. I think after a while you will get use to people jumping out at you so you'll be able to laugh it off! It's just the houses that I'm scared of doing
Old 15 Jun 16, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread