Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 4 Feb 21, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Gelatoni View Post
Masks: no issue
No parades or fireworks: no issue
Social distancing: no issue

Just standing in Main Street USA at some point in the future would be so profound. I'd get all my monies worth in 2 minutes. Only live once 🙂
£8000 holiday for us, so it would a no if those restrictions are in place.
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 21, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post
emmabrown68
VIP Dibber

We're still booked for 19th July for 3 weeks. We're booked with BA so we've got plenty of time to cancel/reschedule if needed. Just 🤞🏻!
IDrive 91, Enclave Suites 07, Southern Dunes 09, Quality Inn Plaza, Hard Rock Hotel, Grand Plaza Beachfront Resort Hotel (St Petes), Orlando Metropolitan Express & Buena Vista Palace Hotel 10!, The Florida Hotel 11, Hampton Lakes 12, Bridgewater Crossing 12, Vegas/LA 13, Tall Grass Villa 13, The Florida Hotel 13, Bridgewater Crossing 15, Terrace Ridge 16, West Haven 17,18,July 19, Dec 19 & Dec 21, West Haven & Cabana Bay 22
emmabrown68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 21, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
daves13
Getting Excited

I’m going end of June, the way the vaccination plan is happening, it looks good to go!
daves13 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 21, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
andyhaz
Excited about Disney

booked for 3 weeks from sept 5th until 26th , balances haven't got to be paid until end of july so will know more by then but hopefully we can go so if flights go and we are allowed then we go
andyhaz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 21, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
lexie32
Apprentice Imagineer

Thinking positively today, just added car hire to our BA booking- voucher can be taken 3 weeks prior to travel if we have to cancel, then 7 nights at the Sandpearl clearwater no deposit and can cancel up to 7 nights prior to travel!

So current plans-

A - no masks, 9 nights at cabana bay with a night at hard rock for the fotl passes then 7 nights at Sandpearl.

B - with masks, 2 nights cabana bay to chill out after flights then whistle stop tour around Florida for 7 nights staying in motels, finishing with 7 nights at the Sandpearl! which saves some money for next year so we can add universal to our planned WDW blow out trip as its likely to be the last onsite trip as a 4 as ds will be 17 next year!
Jan 97 - May 03 - QIP, May 04 - Wyndham /HRH, Sept 05 - Windsor Palms, May 07 - Windsor Hills, May 08 - WiH/HRH, May09 - CP/ WL /Bradenton, May/June10 - CP/ YC/Bradenton May/June 11 P.E & Sunset Lakes, May/June 2012 YC/AKL, May/June 13 Sheraton ViV HRH &YC May 14 Sandpearl , Rennaisance SW & PBH, May 16 BC and Sandpearl, Oct 17 BC. Aug 19 Miami & Wilderness Lodge Aug 2020 Sandpearl Margaritaville & Hard Rock
lexie32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 21, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post

We’ve decided to move our fly drive from this august to next august .
I’m just not confident that it’ll go ahead so I’d rather stop the second guessing for now and just move it.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 21, 04:21 PM  
Link to this Post
CCFCRJ
Very Serious Dibber

Our plan now is a night or two on Atlantic Coast after Miami arrival...2 weeks in Orlando area villa, Disney parks very very unlikely especially with mask wearing...maybe a day at SeaWorld and/ or Busch Gardens instead. Plenty of villa pool time and chilling somewhere other than home... then couple of nights Gulf Coast on way back to Miami.

Go round in circles on whether it'll happen...plan b is move to 2022. Got till June to pay so plenty of time to watch and see how it plays out. It's out of our control so certainly not stressing, just hoping for the best.

Government might go all out Aussie style and try and eliminate and keep borders closed or might feel they have to open up economy to save the airlines. I've no idea how it'll play out really 🤔
CCFCRJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 21, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post
weeleighluigi
Imagineer

Originally Posted by daves13 View Post
I’m going end of June, the way the vaccination plan is happening, it looks good to go!
Not for Scotland!

We are end of June, 25th the be exact, and we don't see a chance in hell of having our vaccinations by then. Even if we do, I think the huge killer for us, and what will stop us going is the 10 day forced hotel quarantine on the way back. My younger daughter has anxiety, sensory issues and an ASD.
(Going to Florida is ok for her, she knows the routine and the house we stay in.)
There is NO WAY we could put her through that. And have to pay up to 6 grand for the pleasure for the 4 of us!
weeleighluigi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 21, 11:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Kidd McFluff
slightly serious Dibber

This is a tough one. We are booked for early August and are happy to go as long as some of the restrictions have been lifted. We are planning on a week at OKW followed by 2 nights at the Hard Rock Hotel and then a week at a villa in Orlando for pool time and visits to the malls etc.

We are hoping that the vaccines might have reached us by then (we are in our 40's) and also that Florida has seen a good vaccine roll out too. It would be lovely to get to Florida this year but we can also see the benefit of moving this trip to Easter '22 (It's going to be very busy).

I guess we can cope with masks in the parks and malls etc. I'd rather we didn't need them but we might be using them for years yet? Like others on here, we don't have to pay the bill until June so we will wait until then to make a decision.

Fingers crossed for everyone.
Kidd McFluff is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 21, 11:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Originally Posted by weeleighluigi View Post
Not for Scotland!

We are end of June, 25th the be exact, and we don't see a chance in hell of having our vaccinations by then. Even if we do, I think the huge killer for us, and what will stop us going is the 10 day forced hotel quarantine on the way back. My younger daughter has anxiety, sensory issues and an ASD.
(Going to Florida is ok for her, she knows the routine and the house we stay in.)
There is NO WAY we could put her through that. And have to pay up to 6 grand for the pleasure for the 4 of us!
Is the hotel quarantine for arrivals from the USA too? I could quarantine at home but not in a hotel.
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List