Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 26 Feb 21, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
shelle
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by dx4100 View Post
Probably entitles you to a refund if you want it.
Thanks but I'm clinging on to a tiny piece of hope that we may still get to go
shelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 21, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Copey10
Getting Excited

Fantastic service off BA. They have moved me onto the Heathrow flight from Man then straight onto MCO. With a layover of 2.5 hours, brilliant.
Copey10 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 21, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
shelle
Apprentice Imagineer

Yep fab service from BA for me too. Moved me to the Aer Lingus flights the day before free, I just had to pay for the extra day car hire. I'd originally wanted to fly via Dublin but they were considerably more expensive than the flights we booked so I'm a very happy bunny
shelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 21, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
myaquarium
Imagineer

I think BA are coming out of this with flying colours. All I hear is good news stories from them.
I hope they start direct flights from Manchester soon.
myaquarium is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 21, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyCupcake
Imagineer

Originally Posted by myaquarium View Post
I think BA are coming out of this with flying colours. All I hear is good news stories from them.
I hope they start direct flights from Manchester soon.
I suspect it will be a long time before BA even consider flying direct out of Manchester (if ever). It isn't that easy to start up a route for a number of complicated reasons. They used to codeshare with AA from MAN to JFK and that was pulled years ago and never reinstated.
DisneyCupcake is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 21, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
shelle
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by DisneyCupcake View Post
I suspect it will be a long time before BA even consider flying direct out of Manchester (if ever). It isn't that easy to start up a route for a number of complicated reasons. They used to codeshare with AA from MAN to JFK and that was pulled years ago and never reinstated.
There’s talk of Aer Lingus flying direct from Manchester to Orlando so hopefully we’ll be able to book that through BA.
Old 27 Feb 21, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Katnic1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tigger View Post
Same here... now booked into Orlando Heathrow flight but a bit nervous about the one hour connection time for Manchester flight ! Will we make it ?!?
If I was you I would see if there is an earlier connection. The last time we did this route we actually had a 3 hour connection at Heathrow, which we thought would be too long. However, the flight was delayed an hour from Manchester and by the time we had been bussed to new terminal and got through security, we didn’t have all that long before we got in the plane.
Katnic1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 21, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyCupcake
Imagineer

Originally Posted by shelle View Post
There’s talk of Aer Lingus flying direct from Manchester to Orlando so hopefully we’ll be able to book that through BA.
Again that hasn't been approved yet and at the moment no sign of it happening - it would be a bit of competition for VS which hopefully would be good for prices.
DisneyCupcake is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 21, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyCupcake
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Katnic1 View Post
If I was you I would see if there is an earlier connection. The last time we did this route we actually had a 3 hour connection at Heathrow, which we thought would be too long. However, the flight was delayed an hour from Manchester and by the time we had been bussed to new terminal and got through security, we didn’t have all that long before we got in the plane.
I suspect you travelled when Manchester flights came into T5 and you connecting flight was from T3 so you needed to transfer by bus. At the moment T3 is closed and BA/AA flights all leave from T5 so no change of terminals needed - there are no dates yet for the reopening of T3.

I agree about changing the flight to Manchester to give more time for the connection as we don't know how busy even the domestic flight connections area will be.

Edited at 10:30 AM.
Old 27 Feb 21, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post
shelle
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by DisneyCupcake View Post
I suspect you travelled when Manchester flights came into T5 and you connecting flight was from T3 so you needed to transfer by bus. At the moment T3 is closed and BA/AA flights all leave from T5 so no change of terminals needed - there are no dates yet for the reopening of T3.

I agree about changing the flight to Manchester to give more time for the connection as we don't know how busy even the domestic flight connections area will be.
I think tigger was talking about the return. They are now on Orlando to Heathrow then 1 hour before a connection to Manchester rather than having to get to Gatwick.