Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 5 Mar 21, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
#1
Katnic1
Very Serious Dibber
 
Join Date: Sep 15
Apartments with no resort fees.

Just having a look for October and it seems most apartment complexes now charge resort fees. I looked at mystic dunes where we stated a couple of years ago, and the fees are $25 per night! Also looked at Floridays ($25) Grand Villas( $17) and Blue Heron ($19) before getting frustrated and giving up!

Can anyone recommend any (we need 2 bedrooms) that donít charge fees or the amount is small?

Normally stay in villas but as there are only 4 of us this time, we thought we would have a change.
Katnic1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 21, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
#2
coinneach
Imagineer
 
coinneach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 05
We stayed in a townhouse at Hapimag (Lake Berkeley) 2019 and no resort fees.
Booked again for September this year so hopefully, we will get away this time.
coinneach is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 21, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
#3
shelle
Very Serious Dibber
 
Join Date: Aug 08
We've booked Sheraton Vistana through booking.com with no resort fee. Don't pay until arrival and can cancel free up to 48hrs before.

ETA: If there is a resort fee then booking.com include it in the price so it makes it easier to compare.

Edited at 09:19 PM.
shelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 21, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
#4
Buzz242
Serious Dibber
 
Join Date: Oct 17
We stayed at Sheraton Vistana Villages a couple of years ago and there was definitely no resort fee then.
Buzz242 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 21, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
#5
may
Apprentice Imagineer
 
Join Date: Jul 04

may's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 10
We got a great price for Bluetree Lake Buena Vista bluetreeorlando/ with travel republic https://tv.travelrepublic.co.uk/v3/hotels/97bab109-d7c5-49c6-83ea-6b1b5905d344/3829874?source=TV&dlid=149527415&trv_reference=dcd cfd11-5175-4ce1-b0c9-a6fc95409a2c&utm_campaign=Hotel_UK&utm_source=Triv ago&utm_medium=Meta. It is a little old fashioned but safe, clean, comfortable, spacious and well located. There appears to be a cleaning fee. I'm not expecting it to be huge as they don't clean daily. There is no resort fee.The site is in two parts. Westgate Bluetree appears to be shut at the moment. The half we are booked at has sometimes been callled SPM Bluetree and that appears to be open.
may is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 21, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
#6
Katnic1
Thread Starter
Very Serious Dibber
 
Join Date: Sep 15
Originally Posted by may View Post
We got a great price for Bluetree Lake Buena Vista bluetreeorlando/ with travel republic https://tv.travelrepublic.co.uk/v3/hotels/97bab109-d7c5-49c6-83ea-6b1b5905d344/3829874?source=TV&dlid=149527415&trv_reference=dcd cfd11-5175-4ce1-b0c9-a6fc95409a2c&utm_campaign=Hotel_UK&utm_source=Triv ago&utm_medium=Meta. It is a little old fashioned but safe, clean, comfortable, spacious and well located. There appears to be a cleaning fee. I'm not expecting it to be huge as they don't clean daily. There is no resort fee.The site is in two parts. Westgate Bluetree appears to be shut at the moment. The half we are booked at has sometimes been callled SPM Bluetree and that appears to be open.
This was actually one I found last night that didnít mention resort fees. I emailed them last night to ask about that and also to check about the car parking as on the hotels.Com website it said no onsite parking available?

Have you stayed there before? A week there is £600 while the Sheraton vistana where I would prefer to stay, is around £1200 for the week.
Katnic1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 21, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
#7
KarenG
Imagineer
 
Join Date: Mar 04
Originally Posted by Katnic1 View Post
This was actually one I found last night that didnít mention resort fees. I emailed them last night to ask about that and also to check about the car parking as on the hotels.Com website it said no onsite parking available?

Have you stayed there before? A week there is £600 while the Sheraton vistana where I would prefer to stay, is around £1200 for the week.
We stayed there but it was a long time ago! Happy to share my thoughts but itís not recent. Great location, right next to Cypress Pointe which we prefer.

There was plenty of parking. You park right outside your apartment (canít believe that will have changed).
KarenG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 21, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
#8
may
Apprentice Imagineer
 
Join Date: Jul 04

may's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 10
Originally Posted by Katnic1 View Post
This was actually one I found last night that didnít mention resort fees. I emailed them last night to ask about that and also to check about the car parking as on the hotels.Com website it said no onsite parking available?

Have you stayed there before? A week there is £600 while the Sheraton vistana where I would prefer to stay, is around £1200 for the week.
I have stayed here before but it was around 2009 if my failing memory serves me . I think for the 2 bedroom apartment via travel republic , for august 26th to September 7th 2021 fully cancellable, £15 deposit, we are paying about £630 so about £52 a night or about £370 for the week. I'm hoping it's not too good to be true.
We refuse to drive on holiday but I agree with KarenG there was plenty of parking.

Edited at 08:40 PM.
may is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 21, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
#9
KarenG
Imagineer
 
Join Date: Mar 04
Mobile

Originally Posted by may View Post
I have stayed here before but it was around 2009 if my failing memory serves me . I think for the 2 bedroom apartment via travel republic , for august 26th to September 7th 2021 fully cancellable, £15 deposit, we are paying about £630 so about £52 a night or about £370 for the week. I'm hoping it's not too good to be true.
We refuse to drive on holiday but I agree with KarenG there was plenty of parking.
We also stayed in 2009!

We booked through Hotwire and it was £32/night for a one bedroom apartment. There were some bits to pay when we checked in, possibly a dollar or two for use of the safe maybe? And a tiny cleaning fee, but it was not big amounts at all, and we were on a tight budget that trip so Iím pretty sure I would have remembered anything bigger than a few dollars a night total.
__________________
KarenG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 21, 12:19 AM  
Link to this Post
#10
princess allie
VIP Dibber
 
princess allie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 11
Originally Posted by Katnic1 View Post
This was actually one I found last night that didnít mention resort fees. I emailed them last night to ask about that and also to check about the car parking as on the hotels.Com website it said no onsite parking available?

Have you stayed there before? A week there is £600 while the Sheraton vistana where I would prefer to stay, is around £1200 for the week.
Have you tried pricing up with BA? We did book in the sale, but we are staying at the Sheraton Vistana in October for 8 nights with car and flights in and out of Orlando for £2387. This is for 2 adults and 1 13 year old, but we did book during the sale.
__________________
ALISON


1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling.
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin - Copyright © 2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Latest News
Posted in galactic starcruiser
On 5th May 9:57am
Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser at Walt Disney World Resort in Florida will take Guests to... Read More »
Posted in Disney Wish
On 29th April 4:51pm
Disney Cruise Line will take fun in the sun to the next level on the... Read More »
Posted in Florida
On 16th April 11:37am
Disney Cruise Line’s recently announced “Disney Magic at Sea” staycation sailings will go on sale... Read More »


theDIBB Menu


Exchange Rates
US Dollar Rates
ASDA  $1.3792
Covent Garden FX  $1.3835
FAIRFX  $1.3800
John Lewis  $1.3783
M&S  $1.3601
Sainsburys  $1.3761
TESCO  $1.3793
Travelex  $1.3705
Updated: 03:31 17/05/2021
Euro Rates
ASDA  €1.1359
Covent Garden FX  €1.1404
FAIRFX  €1.1400
John Lewis  €1.1357
M&S  €1.1196
Sainsburys  €1.1332
TESCO  €1.1360
Travelex  €1.1319
Updated: 03:31 17/05/2021

DIBB Premium Membership
Did you know you can help support theDIBB with Premium Membership?

Check out this link for more information and benefits, such as...

"No adverts on theDIBB Forums"

Upgrade Now



X