Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 5 Mar 21, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Katnic1
Imagineer

Apartments with no resort fees.

Just having a look for October and it seems most apartment complexes now charge resort fees. I looked at mystic dunes where we stated a couple of years ago, and the fees are $25 per night! Also looked at Floridays ($25) Grand Villas( $17) and Blue Heron ($19) before getting frustrated and giving up!

Can anyone recommend any (we need 2 bedrooms) that don’t charge fees or the amount is small?

Normally stay in villas but as there are only 4 of us this time, we thought we would have a change.
Katnic1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 21, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
coinneach
Imagineer

We stayed in a townhouse at Hapimag (Lake Berkeley) 2019 and no resort fees.
Booked again for September this year so hopefully, we will get away this time.
coinneach is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 21, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
shelle
Apprentice Imagineer

We've booked Sheraton Vistana through booking.com with no resort fee. Don't pay until arrival and can cancel free up to 48hrs before.

ETA: If there is a resort fee then booking.com include it in the price so it makes it easier to compare.

Edited at 09:19 PM.
shelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 21, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Buzz242
Very Serious Dibber

We stayed at Sheraton Vistana Villages a couple of years ago and there was definitely no resort fee then.
Buzz242 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 21, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
may
Apprentice Imagineer

may's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 10
We got a great price for Bluetree Lake Buena Vista bluetreeorlando/ with travel republic https://tv.travelrepublic.co.uk/v3/hotels/97bab109-d7c5-49c6-83ea-6b1b5905d344/3829874?source=TV&dlid=149527415&trv_reference=dcd cfd11-5175-4ce1-b0c9-a6fc95409a2c&utm_campaign=Hotel_UK&utm_source=Triv ago&utm_medium=Meta. It is a little old fashioned but safe, clean, comfortable, spacious and well located. There appears to be a cleaning fee. I'm not expecting it to be huge as they don't clean daily. There is no resort fee.The site is in two parts. Westgate Bluetree appears to be shut at the moment. The half we are booked at has sometimes been callled SPM Bluetree and that appears to be open.
may is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 21, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Katnic1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by may View Post
We got a great price for Bluetree Lake Buena Vista bluetreeorlando/ with travel republic https://tv.travelrepublic.co.uk/v3/hotels/97bab109-d7c5-49c6-83ea-6b1b5905d344/3829874?source=TV&dlid=149527415&trv_reference=dcd cfd11-5175-4ce1-b0c9-a6fc95409a2c&utm_campaign=Hotel_UK&utm_source=Triv ago&utm_medium=Meta. It is a little old fashioned but safe, clean, comfortable, spacious and well located. There appears to be a cleaning fee. I'm not expecting it to be huge as they don't clean daily. There is no resort fee.The site is in two parts. Westgate Bluetree appears to be shut at the moment. The half we are booked at has sometimes been callled SPM Bluetree and that appears to be open.
This was actually one I found last night that didn’t mention resort fees. I emailed them last night to ask about that and also to check about the car parking as on the hotels.Com website it said no onsite parking available?

Have you stayed there before? A week there is £600 while the Sheraton vistana where I would prefer to stay, is around £1200 for the week.
Katnic1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 21, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Katnic1 View Post
This was actually one I found last night that didn’t mention resort fees. I emailed them last night to ask about that and also to check about the car parking as on the hotels.Com website it said no onsite parking available?

Have you stayed there before? A week there is £600 while the Sheraton vistana where I would prefer to stay, is around £1200 for the week.
We stayed there but it was a long time ago! Happy to share my thoughts but it’s not recent. Great location, right next to Cypress Pointe which we prefer.

There was plenty of parking. You park right outside your apartment (can’t believe that will have changed).
KarenG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 21, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
may
Apprentice Imagineer

may's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 10

I have stayed here before but it was around 2009 if my failing memory serves me . I think for the 2 bedroom apartment via travel republic , for august 26th to September 7th 2021 fully cancellable, £15 deposit, we are paying about £630 so about £52 a night or about £370 for the week. I'm hoping it's not too good to be true.
We refuse to drive on holiday but I agree with KarenG there was plenty of parking.

Edited at 08:40 PM.
may is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 21, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by may View Post
I have stayed here before but it was around 2009 if my failing memory serves me . I think for the 2 bedroom apartment via travel republic , for august 26th to September 7th 2021 fully cancellable, £15 deposit, we are paying about £630 so about £52 a night or about £370 for the week. I'm hoping it's not too good to be true.
We refuse to drive on holiday but I agree with KarenG there was plenty of parking.
We also stayed in 2009!

We booked through Hotwire and it was £32/night for a one bedroom apartment. There were some bits to pay when we checked in, possibly a dollar or two for use of the safe maybe? And a tiny cleaning fee, but it was not big amounts at all, and we were on a tight budget that trip so I’m pretty sure I would have remembered anything bigger than a few dollars a night total.
Old 7 Mar 21, 12:19 AM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

Have you tried pricing up with BA? We did book in the sale, but we are staying at the Sheraton Vistana in October for 8 nights with car and flights in and out of Orlando for £2387. This is for 2 adults and 1 13 year old, but we did book during the sale.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List