Notices

Old 31 Mar 21, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post
waiting4disney
Imagineer

waiting4disney's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Getting to hospital

My mum phoned to sayshe just got a letter confirming her date for her eye operation. On the letter is says as it is a covid secure day care operation unit you aren't allowed to get public transport or taxis. You have to arrange for a lift.

I should be ok to get the day off work but did wonder why you can't get a taxi or cab as I don't live with her, not vaccinated and have a school age child so potentially could be as much risk as a taxi driver. Obviously I would do a rapid test, wear a mask, open window etc but just wondered if other people have had that request as seems slightly strange.
Old 31 Mar 21, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Originally Posted by waiting4disney View Post
My mum phoned to sayshe just got a letter confirming her date for her eye operation. On the letter is says as it is a covid secure day care operation unit you aren't allowed to get public transport or taxis. You have to arrange for a lift.

I should be ok to get the day off work but did wonder why you can't get a taxi or cab as I don't live with her, not vaccinated and have a school age child so potentially could be as much risk as a taxi driver. Obviously I would do a rapid test, wear a mask, open window etc but just wondered if other people have had that request as seems slightly strange.
It could be because a taxi has loss of people in and out all day. Whereas a lift shouldn’t do x
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 21, 05:11 PM  
Link to this Post
waiting4disney
Imagineer

waiting4disney's Reviews
Originally Posted by Scaramouche View Post
It could be because a taxi has loss of people in and out all day. Whereas a lift shouldn’t do x
Yeah must be that. Was just thinking some people might only have someone that is a keyworker in a school/supermarket so just as risky as a taxi driver maybe.

Was just wondering the logic of the hospital being sure that a lift was covid secure.

Just a rambling really...
Old 31 Mar 21, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Redsnapper
Imagineer

Had an eye operation last Sept-nothing mentioned about travelling there.

This was also a covid -secure hospital. I had to have a covid test a few days before - at another hospital that dealt with covid patients i.e not Covid secure.
Old 31 Mar 21, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Bizarre ... ridiculous

What about the Taxi home you had from your weekly shop at Tescos the day before?

Disney332
Old 31 Mar 21, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
shelle
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by disney332 View Post
Bizarre ... ridiculous

What about the Taxi home you had from your weekly shop at Tescos the day before?

Disney332
When my friend went in for an op she had to quarantine for 10 days before.
shelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 21, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Originally Posted by shelle View Post
When my friend went in for an op she had to quarantine for 10 days before.
You live and learn 😳

Disney332
Old 31 Mar 21, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

On each of Mason’s hospital procedures it says no pubic transport or taxis. Luckily we have a car as the hospital is an hour away 😱
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 21, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
soraia
Very Serious Dibber

This is ridiculous. What if you don't know anyone with a car?
This may seem like a joke but it's a genuine question! For example, none of my friends in London have a car as they all get around on public transport.
soraia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 21, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
waiting4disney
Imagineer

waiting4disney's Reviews
Originally Posted by soraia View Post
This is ridiculous. What if you don't know anyone with a car?
This may seem like a joke but it's a genuine question! For example, none of my friends in London have a car as they all get around on public transport.
That was my initial thought, I can take the day off for my mum but if someone didn't have a lift available or didn't feel comfortable asking someone at the moment with the restrictions it would be difficult.