Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 2 Apr 21, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post
nala
Dibbing with Tink

Esta help!

My husband applied for a group esta and managed to put my DOB in wrongly he then removed me from the application so it was just my husband and son,Whilst waiting for approval he tried to do mine seperately but it said i was already in the system! They have been approved now so should i apply again now or wil it not let me? Help? Anyone had experience of this?
best western-feb 2003
bally's las vegas-march 2004//masters inn-oct 2004
san francisco/anaheim-feb 2005/miami,key west/oak plantation-sep 2005
clearwater/sand key/windsor hills-feb 2006/june 2006
san diego/LA/monte carlo las vegas-sep 2006
windsor hills/venice beach-feb 2007/feb 2008
windsor palms-feb 2009
nala is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 21, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Has the one with the incorrect date of birth been approved or denied now?

From what I’m reading, yours was submitted then your husband removed you from the group ESTA? I wasn’t aware you could rescind an ESTA once submitted.

I assume once your ESTA is submitted and if it’s denied then reapplying won’t be an option as it’s linked to your passport so doing another ESTA won’t work? I could be wrong though.

I know the DHS can reset ESTA in some circumstances, I’m not sure if this is one of them?

If they can reset then you should be able to reapply. Hopefully someone with more experience will be along soon
IBEX23 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 21, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post
7SeasSailor
Imagineer

If my date of birth was wrong on my esta, for the sake of $14 I would sort out a new one. When you start the process it will tell you that you have an existing one, just keep going with the new one.
Old 2 Apr 21, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by 7SeasSailor View Post
If my date of birth was wrong on my esta, for the sake of $14 I would sort out a new one. When you start the process it will tell you that you have an existing one, just keep going with the new one.
I wasn’t aware you could do this, that’s great to know if I ever make a mistake
IBEX23 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 21, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
shelle
Apprentice Imagineer

I think he didn't submit the application for yourself? If so you can just retrieve your application, amend the DOB and then submit.

ETA: you don't need the application number to do this, just your passport info.

Edited at 05:11 PM.
shelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 21, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Plonks
Trainee Dibber

Plonks's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by nala View Post
My husband applied for a group esta and managed to put my DOB in wrongly he then removed me from the application so it was just my husband and son,Whilst waiting for approval he tried to do mine seperately but it said i was already in the system! They have been approved now so should i apply again now or wil it not let me? Help? Anyone had experience of this?
You can apply for a new one, it will state that one exists and are you sure you wish to apply.

Paul
Plonks is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 21, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
streamlines
VIP Dibber

Looking at the wording on the ESTA website at the moment, All ESTA's have been revoked due to the Presidential Proclamation on COVID, so I think we all may have to reapply once travel from the UK (and other areas) is allowed again.

Official ESTA FAQ

2005 Sept- First Trip to WDW, Dec - First Trip to DLP
2008 Jan - Goofy Challenge at WDW (Poly), Jun - Solo Trip WDW, Nov - Hong Kong Disneyland
2009 May - 1 Day at DLR, Dec - Mousemeets DLP (Newport Bay)
2010 June - The Big 40 in WDW (Beach Club) CANCELLED , Dec - WDW Oh we needed this
2011 April - Dad's Funeral Aug - D23 Expo
2012 June - The "Work" trip to WDW.
2013 May - California First Class
2014 Oct - Cruising the Caribbean
2015 Jun - Pinning for the Fjords
streamlines is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 21, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Rachv38
Very Serious Dibber

I did ours at end of Nov and all came back approved. I checked the status a few weeks back and all were OK. I remember some who had done their api had them revoked as it looks like an attempt to travel. I'll leave ours until nearer the time as we travel in Aug.
Rachv38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 21, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
7SeasSailor
Imagineer

My understanding is that all estas run out after 2 years or when your passport runs out or if you try and input advance passenger information for a trip before the USA says that the borders are open and you are authorised to travel. I have never been notified that my esta has been cancelled. I do know from the posts on here that others like me, have applied for estas and they have been cleared without any problems.
Old 5 Apr 21, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by streamlines View Post
Looking at the wording on the ESTA website at the moment, All ESTA's have been revoked due to the Presidential Proclamation on COVID, so I think we all may have to reapply once travel from the UK (and other areas) is allowed again.

Official ESTA FAQ
They've certainly changed the ESTA home screen recently but this is from their FAQs and basically mirrors the information that used to be on the home screen from March 2020.

Will my ESTA be cancelled if I am scheduled to travel on or after 11:59pm EDT on March 13, 2020?
In accordance with Proclamation—Suspension of Entry as Immigrants and Nonimmigrants of Certain Additional Persons Who Pose a Risk of Transmitting 2019 Novel Coronavirus effective at 11:59 p.m. eastern daylight time on March 13, 2020, the entry into the United States is suspended for most individuals, other than United States citizens and lawful permanent residents, who have been physically present within a Schengen Area country within 14 days of travel to the United States. Any traveler with a valid ESTA who attempts to travel the United States in violation of this Proclamation will have their ESTA canceled. ESTA will not refund applications that are canceled due to this Proclamation. Travelers who are subject to the Proclamation should cancel or postpone any travel until no longer subject to the Proclamation, or the Proclamation is rescinded.

The last four lines are the important ones. Clearly says ESTA will be cancelled if you attempt to travel at the moment but I'm struggling to find the statement that all ESTAs are revoked notwithstanding. Can you provide a link please?

Mick

Edited at 12:45 PM.
mick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List