Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, FastPass+ Questions and Info.

Old 4 Apr 21, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
amy56
Imagineer

Originally Posted by shelle View Post
Universal used to have an express pass option free to all guests. I still have some of the paper tickets somewhere.
I literally canít remember that at all, my memory really has become appalling!
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 21, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
VIP Dibber

Universal used to have an express pass option free to all guests. I still have some of the paper tickets somewhere.
I remember thinking Iíd imagined it when it disappeared!

DVC owner since 2002.
Many trips since '92 incl. ASMu, ASMo, ASSp, BCV, OKW, HRH, Drop Anchor Resort, Islamorada BWV, AKL - Kidani & Jambo, BLT, Vero Beach, THVs, SSR, RPR, BRV, CCV, PVB Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 21, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
amy56
Imagineer

Originally Posted by PoohBears#1fan View Post
I remember thinking Iíd imagined it when it disappeared!
How did it work? Iím hoping something will trigger in my head as I hate it when I canít remember things! 😂
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 21, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by amy56 View Post
How did it work? Iím hoping something will trigger in my head as I hate it when I canít remember things! 😂
They were ticket machines that you put your park ticket in, like the old WDW system, if my memory is correct that is!

DVC owner since 2002.
Many trips since '92 incl. ASMu, ASMo, ASSp, BCV, OKW, HRH, Drop Anchor Resort, Islamorada BWV, AKL - Kidani & Jambo, BLT, Vero Beach, THVs, SSR, RPR, BRV, CCV, PVB Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 21, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
amy56
Imagineer

They were ticket machines that you put your park ticket in, like the old WDW system, if my memory is correct that is!
Iím so annoyed at myself for not remembering this! I am definitely becoming more forgetful in my old age, but I donít usually forget Disney/Universal related things! 😂
Old 4 Apr 21, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
VIP Dibber

Iím so annoyed at myself for not remembering this! I am definitely becoming more forgetful in my old age, but I donít usually forget Disney/Universal related things! 😂
Iíve just done a bit of googling & it looks like they were removed in 2005! Wow! I think we can be forgiven for being sketchy on the details or forgetting!

DVC owner since 2002.

Old 4 Apr 21, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
shelle
Very Serious Dibber

Nobody ever mentions it so I thought I'd made it up too until I came across them in a memory box. They are from over 15 years ago though
shelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 21, 08:33 AM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
VIP Dibber

Hoping they come back but doubt they will come back the same as they were
Apparently itís something Disney got the most complaints about
I watched a Molly All ears vlog and one of the comments was about FP coming back and most of the replies were against them, apart for one Brit saying if he spends over 10k he should get them 🤦🏼
Old 6 Apr 21, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Lpf
Being a bit Goofy

What was the reason for bringing in FP in the first place? Was it crowd control? ride control? Getting people out of queues and spending? And then what is the percentage of guests offsite per day who wouldnít get any FP?

I donít really understand the science of it all but I presume if they did this, they would gain some how? Or would they expecting off site visitors to pay for them and that would be the bigger monetary gain? (I wouldnít, I donít think Florida holidays are worth it anymore as it is!)
Easter 2023 in planning
Lpf is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 21, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
The following was from the Universal park maps back in 2001:

The system was similar to Disney's old paper fastpass system in that you inserted your ticket into a machine and got a time to return to the ride (a virtual queuing system). There was a slight difference though in that people with a multi-day ticket could have Express Pass return times for up to 3 attractions at a time, not just one.

It was free, then Universal started charging for it and changed the way it worked. I was surprised Disney didn't do the same.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List